Caring For A Male Plant?

• Thread starter Buzzer777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Spent a while searching here and all over the net..but damn..Is there a special way to care for a male plant that you want to get pollen from? Been feeding just like I care for a female, but I am curious. (breeding tent has its own Burple Meizhi 450 (195w true)(My normal veg lights)

Also just when is the sac ready to be checked for RIPE pollen before it opens by itself?..My Male(s) are in a separate tent, but I don't want pollen all over the place (pets).

The sacs on my plants (4 weeks in) are getting fat now. also have 2 females that I am turning with CS..sacs are smaller and there are less (I spray all growing sites daily)
Am I correct in believing that males will ripen sooner than females to make sure a female is available for pollinating? ..Fun stuff..

Last edited:
Toaster79

Toaster79

Male or female, they need the same care. My males usually start dropping their load at the end of the first week of flower. No need to check for the ripe anthers, you'll when they start dropping the magical dust. The ones you reversed, no need to spray them with cs anymore. In order to try to keep as little as possible stray pollen. Keep spraying them with water that will kill pollen untill you're ready to collect it. Or make sure you've got hepa filters on your exhausts.

IMG 20170819 163236 822
IMG 20170820 193128 576

This was somewhere around week 2 of 12/12

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thank you!
Holy crap..Ima late (4 weeks in)..Gonna check in 2 hrs (lights on) and will remove a few and operate on them..
So much conflicting info out there..some say continue spraying with CS until they open..otherwise little or no pollen in the sacs..Some say as you..
Been looking for pollen and can't see any yet..

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Always wondered what if anything would happen I we sprayed a male with CS..

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

For NOW.. I exhaust that tent directly outdoors (will stop as growing season nears), so I don't use hepa filters..I am in a legal state, I don't use scrubbers either..The female tent vents indoors (for heat and more RH) (besides,I like the stink..LOL)..IN the summers..that tent vents outdoors..
I would not want to be the one responsible for pollinating @GT21 plants..(the wind blows in the other direction mostly..LMAO)
Pollenate

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Opened a couple of sacs from the true male..balls and fluid, but no pollen yet..

dankninja

dankninja

can take a while sometimes. absolutely the right way to care for it IMO:)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

can take a while sometimes. absolutely the right way to care for it IMO:)
Still waiting..true male is really getting fat sacs now..One of the treated females is pretty close with a Gorilla Wreck#4 fem lagging behind..I used clones for the two treated plants..
Today..
IMG 0969
IMG 0970

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Spent a while searching here and all over the net..but damn..Is there a special way to care for a male plant that you want to get pollen from? Been feeding just like I care for a female, but I am curious. (breeding tent has its own Burple Meizhi 450 (195w true)(My normal veg lights)

Also just when is the sac ready to be checked for RIPE pollen before it opens by itself?..My Male(s) are in a separate tent, but I don't want pollen all over the place (pets).

The sacs on my plants (4 weeks in) are getting fat now. also have 2 females that I am turning with CS..sacs are smaller and there are less (I spray all growing sites daily)
Am I correct in believing that males will ripen sooner than females to make sure a female is available for pollinating? ..Fun stuff..
You beat the shit out of it till it shows nuts... Then when it pops flowers you chop it and beat it against a female

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
HahHah..Thanks a bunch..Can I do it at your place?..LMAO
Fuck no!!!!... I got 25 strains i just worked 3 months on ... Im close to drug city!!!

Oooo i do have a mendo we can do dirty things too tho

Top Bottom