Carts from kief? Is there any process by which I can produce a cart from processing kief at home?

• Thread starter luxeluxe99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
luxeluxe99

luxeluxe99

I'm am about to harvest my first plant and want to make a gift of a cart of it to someone. But i've looked around and apparently it isn't really so doable?

I contacted a couple of companies that sell terps/liquifier type products and the consensus is that pressing to rosin or using an alcohol extraction won't give me a pure enough product to turn into a cartridge. That i would need shatter or wax.

I searched online and there's here and there the person who says it can be done from kief or home pressed rosin, but i don't want to bother if it just won't work.

I will have kief or flower. if i have to go the pressing route it's a flat iron and a cheap vice. But then i understand i'll have to winterize the product. and then it still may not work? Someone mentioned using a 1 micron syringe filter. ? I can make tincture with 191 proof alcohol as well.

Actually, i have no idea, hopefully someone here knows so i can go ahead or give up. :D.

here are the types of products that i mention to turn into cart stuff: https://www.massterpenes.com/collections/liquefy-products and https://www.denverterpenes.com/

thanks for any insight

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yea one needs to extract the rosin/ resin from the keif first, (shatter etc) thrn need pga/ mct to cut with to make a cart . Not worth the effort for a cart. Press the keif into hash and send that... or smoke it.

Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

I have a press. Can press about 14g at a time. Then drop some Wax Liquidizer in the rosin and dilute to your desired consistency. Not too tough and if you're harvesting a bunch it's a good way to cut down on storage space.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I'm am about to harvest my first plant and want to make a gift of a cart of it to someone. But i've looked around and apparently it isn't really so doable?

I contacted a couple of companies that sell terps/liquifier type products and the consensus is that pressing to rosin or using an alcohol extraction won't give me a pure enough product to turn into a cartridge. That i would need shatter or wax.

I searched online and there's here and there the person who says it can be done from kief or home pressed rosin, but i don't want to bother if it just won't work.

I will have kief or flower. if i have to go the pressing route it's a flat iron and a cheap vice. But then i understand i'll have to winterize the product. and then it still may not work? Someone mentioned using a 1 micron syringe filter. ? I can make tincture with 191 proof alcohol as well.

Actually, i have no idea, hopefully someone here knows so i can go ahead or give up. :D.

here are the types of products that i mention to turn into cart stuff: https://www.massterpenes.com/collections/liquefy-products and https://www.denverterpenes.com/

thanks for any insight
I've done an alcohol extract then mixed with 100% vg and cooked in a water bath in a mini crockpot to evaporate the alcohol. Turns it into a vg tincture which can be vaped.
20200121 185729

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I have a press. Can press about 14g at a time. Then drop some Wax Liquidizer in the rosin and dilute to your desired consistency. Not too tough and if you're harvesting a bunch it's a good way to cut down on storage space.
Wax liquidizers? Not sure why anyone would want to inhale anything but the plant.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Just answering the question. I don't use it myself. Not sure what is in wax Liquidizer but I prefer straight wax in a pen vaporizer.
From what I've seen and read it's just pg400 and I understand that pg heated too hot can turn into formaldehyde.

I quit smoking cigs 4 months ago using Juul and a couple others but they're all made with pg. Now I'm switching to mixing my own with vg and the thc e-juice is rocking my world.

Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

I thought the was liquiderizer was vg. Only way I'd ever try it I think

Latest posts

Top Bottom