Carts of Darkness

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Check this out next time you blaze one. Amazing documentary that follows a few folks that are into extreme shopping cart racing through North Vancouver, that evolves into a deep insight into the mind of homelesness and the struggles of people who live on the streets @Mr.GreenthumbOG check it out.

I don't know if you're familiar with North Van or not but for sure you'll find Big AL relatable.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Why did I have no idea this area even existed at the farm😂. Fuck I’m borderline computer illiterate.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Turns out Big AL lives in Nanaimo now, I saw him by the ferry terminal a couple weeks ago lol. He's in a wheelchair now and sounds like he had a stroke since this.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I watched the opening couple minutes. 😂🤠
Some cart cowboys there for sure. Will have to watch the rest later, but looks intense.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
wow.. i've become so detached, so blinded, i forgot what this is.

used to be a fairly prolific graffiti writer in the city i grew up in. many a night, we'd wake up a houseless person and let em know we were there, just painting, meaning no harm to them. probably pretty fuckin close to as drunk as they were.

now this reminded me how close most of us are to going right back to that. one utensil with dreams of a better life and a couple massive habits in the way.

thinking it's time for a serious reset and re-evaluation. damn...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
wow.. i've become so detached, so blinded, i forgot what this is.

used to be a fairly prolific graffiti writer in the city i grew up in. many a night, we'd wake up a houseless person and let em know we were there, just painting, meaning no harm to them. probably pretty fuckin close to as drunk as they were.

now this reminded me how close most of us are to going right back to that. one utensil with dreams of a better life and a couple massive habits in the way.

thinking it's time for a serious reset and re-evaluation. damn...
I feel that. Gave me the same feels.

Here is a follow up with Big Al, pretty sad how much he declined after that documentary.

Last edited:
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
He’s picky when choosing out the perfect cart to bomb down the hill with, Safeway being the go to wheels.😂👍

tobh

tobh

Supporter
He’s picky when choosing out the perfect cart to bomb down the hill with, Safeway being the go to wheels.😂👍
goddamn my guy... when i started that super fuckin depressing documentary last night my knee jerk was TPB. That fuckin scene man...

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
goddamn my guy... when i started that super fuckin depressing documentary last night my knee jerk was TPB. That fuckin scene man...
Really well done doc tho, sad, and exciting at the same time.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Really well done doc tho, sad, and exciting at the same time.
true that. wish I'd seen this thread sooner, though I feel like it came at the right moment. fuckin @Dirtbag always comin in with the right shit at the right time. gotta schedule some time off work now though so i can reset and re-evaluate. i'm fuckin ashamed how far i've looked away from those things.

Top Bottom