Cash for Gold....Is this the modern day gold seizure?

• Thread starter symbiote420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I agree with 420

Half the reason they got ride of the gold standard was countrys would take american dollars for payment from other countrys, Then come to us and demand gold for the papper they had, They would have drained fort knox if we didnt get rid of the gold standard.
Gold and silver have been the best investment you can make, And i always look at from the point of view that the price of gold and silver are not going up. The papper money you have is going down in value, so dont sit on papper.
As far as cash for gold being used to sieze gold is not true, all that gold goes to refiners who melt it down and reslae it back to the public, If anything the goverment releases gold and silver threw coins like american gold eagles. More people or opening there eyes to the value of gold, and im willing to bet that the amount of gold held by the public is increasing everyday, not going down.

Very good answer..well put.
and IMO exactly correct...

Its not greedy to want to presurve some wealth.(if you have some)
Or just put some Real money away for a rainey day...or collage fund.

Look at that chart I posted....
if you bought 10 oz of gold( $3000) for Johnny's college fund back in the year 2000...(when the chart starts)
Right now, Johnny would have 10 ozs of gold worth about $17,000

Im guessing if you put 3000 in the bank 12 years ago...you might have 5k ?

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Actually it would be less now, gold prices are down about 8 bux today, lol. But your right prolly more gold out there now than before.....

neverbreak

neverbreak

Never occurred to me, but if it were true, then wouldn't it become more difficult to buy 22K & 24K jewelry? That's what I do, get the best deal based on weight, kinda old world-stylee.

you raise a good point.

all real wealth is being consolidated, this is one piece of the puzzle

what is real wealth though? the value of gold is no more real than paper or plastic. it's still a value we assign to it. we create value and hence wealth. it's not an inherent trait of gold itself.

neverbreak

V

vierundzwanzig

you raise a good point.

what is real wealth though? the value of gold is no more real than paper or plastic. it's still a value we assign to it. we create value and hence wealth. it's not an inherent trait of gold itself.

neverbreak

real wealth has to be something that can't be taken away. we have to value its inherent traits. It created us.
We do have free will to value God over everything else. and thats the fork in the road or y theory.

not trolling or trying to argue with you nb just using my knowledge of words.
if i had to choose from gold paper or plastic... how about you give me the gold bible.
basic instructions before life/leaving ends/earth

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Wealth, in my mind, is in itself a symbolic idea. It seems to me the concept of wealth is a symbol that one's genetic information will continue to have material representation in future generations. The more wealth one acquires, the more likely it is he/she will continue to procreate and offer security (another symbol) for those offspring in a way that ensures future representation/evolution of those genes is successful. Is there any other reason to acquire "wealth"?

In a way I agree with the statement that gold is a material substance with only applied value- but that doesn't make it any less a symbol of real wealth than that of "owning" fertile land, in regard to the terms I laid out above. In human terms "gold=wealth" has been a reality as long as we have been social architects of symbolic structures. I suppose my stance is that gold is a symbol of wealth, whereas paper money is a symbol of the notions we associate with wealth- the main difference being that having a room full of gold and the ability to manipulate it in a marketplace is a much stronger sign that your genetics will have physical manifestations in this world after you die, than that of having a room full of paper money with the same ability to manipulate it in the same marketplace.

V

vierundzwanzig

golds value was inherited from the Egyptians and turned into a tool of manipulative slavery or maybe it always was a tool of manipulation?
passing on genetics is kind of an oxymoronic thing to say as we are all related. passing on the idea that "he who has the gold makes the rules" is most blasphemous. but that's what we see as the blind man picked up the hammer and he saw.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Actually it would be less now, gold prices are down about 8 bux today, lol. But your right prolly more gold out there now than before.....
You can head down to the Mokelumne River (or the Cosumnes, Tuolomne, American, or any river draining out of the Sierra Nevada into the Central Valley basin) with nothing more than a small shovel and a pan and get you some gold. If you're more enterprising, then you can get yourself one of those flume dealios that fits over a 5gal bucket and get you some gold. There are people who plan their entire summer vacation around gold-mining up here.

Hell, my sister and brother-in-law took my nephew up to a friend's place in San Andreas and they spent a few hours 'panning' for gold through a small flume/placer unit, using trucked in water and the dirt from the road their friend had scraped, and ended up with a few grams of gold. Just from the road scrapings!

So, let's say the government *is* using Cash 4 Gold to try to get everyone's gold. What are they gonna do about what's left up in these here mountains? We Americans haven't entirely forgotten what cloth we're cut from, either. Not entirely.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

You can head down to the Mokelumne River (or the Cosumnes, Tuolomne, American, or any river draining out of the Sierra Nevada into the Central Valley basin) with nothing more than a small shovel and a pan and get you some gold. If you're more enterprising, then you can get yourself one of those flume dealios that fits over a 5gal bucket and get you some gold. There are people who plan their entire summer vacation around gold-mining up here.

Hell, my sister and brother-in-law took my nephew up to a friend's place in San Andreas and they spent a few hours 'panning' for gold through a small flume/placer unit, using trucked in water and the dirt from the road their friend had scraped, and ended up with a few grams of gold. Just from the road scrapings!

So, let's say the government *is* using Cash 4 Gold to try to get everyone's gold. What are they gonna do about what's left up in these here mountains? We Americans haven't entirely forgotten what cloth we're cut from, either. Not entirely.

I totally agree i kinda said that in one of my last posts, no joke though I have a sluice/dredge set up from when I was younger and my dad taught me how to. It has been years and years since Ive used it. Ive just decided to point my future in a different direction by starting an edible mushroom farm. I grow plants, mushrooms, and have prospected but really only has a passtime while hunting so just something to do during the day. Im just not interested in it, I have faith in our economy im not gunna jump shit anytime soon. I have tons of of gold stocks passed down to me from my elders, its just not something Id get into personally though. Money Markets and Bonds are my thing.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've never been properly taught how to invest, to be perfectly honest, so I've focused on decorating myself with the best jewelry I can afford. I would like to learn how to pan/sluice for gold, just haven't taken the time. I've been focused on starting an organic market garden. I've considered mushrooms, but haven't spent time focused on learning more about it.

Golding and fishing seem to be complimentary pursuits, now that I think about it....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
VALERIAN steel, my friend. If it's going to be steel, it's got to be Valerian.

neverbreak

neverbreak

real wealth has to be something that can't be taken away. we have to value its inherent traits. It created us.
We do have free will to value God over everything else. and thats the fork in the road or y theory.

not trolling or trying to argue with you nb just using my knowledge of words.
if i had to choose from gold paper or plastic... how about you give me the gold bible.
basic instructions before life/leaving ends/earth

all good bro, we're entitled to our differences of opinion. it takes all sorts to make up the world!

Wealth, in my mind, is in itself a symbolic idea. It seems to me the concept of wealth is a symbol that one's genetic information will continue to have material representation in future generations. The more wealth one acquires, the more likely it is he/she will continue to procreate and offer security (another symbol) for those offspring in a way that ensures future representation/evolution of those genes is successful. Is there any other reason to acquire "wealth"?

In a way I agree with the statement that gold is a material substance with only applied value- but that doesn't make it any less a symbol of real wealth than that of "owning" fertile land, in regard to the terms I laid out above. In human terms "gold=wealth" has been a reality as long as we have been social architects of symbolic structures. I suppose my stance is that gold is a symbol of wealth, whereas paper money is a symbol of the notions we associate with wealth- the main difference being that having a room full of gold and the ability to manipulate it in a marketplace is a much stronger sign that your genetics will have physical manifestations in this world after you die, than that of having a room full of paper money with the same ability to manipulate it in the same marketplace.

i see what yer saying and at least partially agree, but the very fact that wealth is symbolic means that we've created it. symbolism does not exist without us. for sure, having wealth means yer more likely to have a large and prosperous family in our current society and in every society which has some form of currency...but that currency was still created and its value assigned. obviously gold has more value as we can't turn on a machine and create another billion $$$ worth of it the way we can paper money. alchemists have tried, but failed. but it's still an artificial value. ya can't eat gold. i'm sure ya have read the this before, but it's apt.

When all the trees have been cut down,
when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,
when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
only then will you discover you cannot eat money.
~ Cree Prophecy ~

money, gold, sea shells, iphones, whatever. it's all fundamentally the same. it's crap we don't need that we say we do to operate in a society full of false value in cities which remove us from the natural world around us. ya can't breathe any of those things either. imho healthy, functioning ecosystems are true wealth. they provide everything we need. food, clean water, medicine, shelter, clean air, etc. not tryin to say we should all be living in forests, but those forests need to exist, as do reefs and all the other diverse ecosystems out there. they provide us with a functioning planet. as our population grows and our medicines become defunct, we look to those last remaining natural areas for new foods, new medicines. they are wealth to me.

neverbreak

V

vierundzwanzig

i got you nb
and I agree with you and many others that have posted opinions.

how do you or any one for that matter get from where you are to where you want to be in regards to the fertile lands?

they got us trapped
wherever you travel they wave a cancer stick and a lot of our kids have no sexual identity so if we had a chance repopulation wouldnt happen because this generation is doing the damned thang.
but I apologize and now I will no longer debate anything except what looks like fire reefer.

its been fun watching everybody chime in and out of conciousness

im out
posting fire reefer pics reel soon

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I thought in 1913 when they created that abomination they call the Federal Reserve, this country was to never see a depression? Well there sure seems to be one every 20 to 30 years since it's inception! Hmmmmm?
Funny how the ONLY candidate talking shit about it does not get the support he needs to change it huh?

K

kolah

So... you guys are wanting to go back to a 100% barter system..?
Got land?

The problems is Big Gov has that covered too as 99% of people do not truly own their land. They merely loan it (even when it's paid off). The only few people who own their property "free and clear" are those that hold what is called an Allodial Title. (same goes for your automobiles and the phoney title)

Builtaforest

Builtaforest

those who you envision to be in "power" gain all of theirs due to the division of opinion and thought.

there are gold bugs and those who say that they are crazy as well

truth is, the "price" of gold is still set by the BAnk of England...as been echoed... Roman/Brit/Alien/etc of another flavor is all...

the illusion comes from agreeing to even play this game or choose a side...

we've already won if you can bring yourself to see it

Latest posts

Top Bottom