Cash for Gold....Is this the modern day gold seizure?

• Thread starter symbiote420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sdgrower

sdgrower

Gold has universal value. That's why the US government gives fighter pilots gold coins in case they get shot down. When times were tight I upgraded equipment using a 120 day loan insured by some gold nuggets I had. Hold on to your gold and your seeds. Amazing things can happen in 120 days with both.

V

vierundzwanzig

When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said "Let us pray." We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land. <--Desmond Tutu the humanity of it all lol

neverbreak

neverbreak

So... you guys are wanting to go back to a 100% barter system..?

Got land?

i like the barter system. it's more real and more useful that artificial currency.

but no, i do not have land.

i do not really see our current system changing all that much. currency has existed for a long time now, many thousands of years. it's hard to break a tradition like that. all i was saying it was currency is a human construct and has no real value. do animals or plants care about gold? i would hedge my bets on no. but i bet they like to be able to find food, water and clean air tho.

neverbreak

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So, if you don't have land (on which you might cultivate food, or food animals, or use skills to create a product), with what would *you* barter?

I've bartered with both goods and skills, but barter hasn't gotten me everywhere. Cash has.

V

vierundzwanzig

thats not where i was going. seamaiden
i answered after some thought.
cash/dollar as in paper is on the way out quickly.
i was in germany when they did the euro everybody lost and are still losing.
we are next. <---tightening the noose

the euro comes in pretty big coin denominations. the 10 euro piece is worth 15 dollars i think quarter size but heavy.
the bills big and colorful also in bigger denominations 200 euro scheines are normal in a wallet/manpurse.
plus the colors are distracting and can lead to giving a 200 note when you thought it was a twenty.

so in all I could care less what the dollar or gold does cause i think i know what they are doing.
plus i aint got no money to lose
live fast and die young is not my motto but i like it.

nb
traditions are like promises. or could be likened to the seven deadly sins.

i think very deeply so if you look at that
shame on you
try to understand while smoking a bowl

K

kolah

Trade and Bartering fits into my lifestyle and is my answer to sustain a healthy, happy and prosperous lifestyle. Everyone, and I mean everyone has the ability to learn a skill and reap it's harvest. And it puts back the old fashioned "hands-on" skills which seem to be a lost art in this new-age high-tech world. I also like the fact that for those who choose to be the lazy mooching type and enjoy freeloading off government handouts that they will quickly be left to sink or swim. Individual responsibility is where it's at. No free rides.

Just think where we could be without electricity? Kiss all those computers goodbye and all the functions that run off of them (nuke plants, communication (phone, internet, TV) water plants and supply, no more transportation (cars, food deliveries, air and sea travel) We are in a global stage where things are so very fragile but nothing is being done about it. Just more of the same old shit that brings us closer to the point of no return. Reality is a funny thing as it makes far too many people ignore the elephant in the room. IMO, gold is a risky investment. If I had some gold, I would cash it in and spend it while the dollar (or any currency for that matter) still has buying power. For me, I'd rather buy a case of good coffee than have a nugget of gold under my mattress anyday.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Vier, your post reads as a weird contradiction of itself. What do you mean, shame on me? I *am* sitting here smoking (I always am, smoking, that is). Or are you feeling under-appreciated?

Please, give my previous question serious consideration before answering my question instead of the glib tone you appear to be taking. I have lived using barter. But I'm limited in what I have to barter with, as well as what I can get by bartering. For example, I've been able to get both electrical and contracting work (but not supplies) done in exchange for both services (aquarium specialties, housecleaning, and sewing) and goods (foodstuffs, aquatic animals, aquatic plants, clothing). But I can't pay my bills, for example my mortgage or rent or phone, with, say, a chicken, much as I may want to and much as that other guy working for the phone company may actually need a chicken.

The thing with money, whatever its form (because honestly, outside of its special uses in technology, it's mostly just been very, very pretty), is that it can take on an agreed-upon value and allow people access to that which they otherwise might not. I can't send my organic specialty lettuces across to New York in exchange for a pair of shoes, for example, because it won't last. I could possibly exchange that lettuce for something else, but I would have to be certain that it's a something else that someone in New York would want.

But people *always* want money, and I bet you use you some, too.

Oh, look! Pretty stone wheels.....

V

vierundzwanzig

i kind of broke the post up. the top part is for you and people like you that think they will fit in with the system.

where i put the nb thats for neverbreak

i spoke of traditions not knowing how many pagan rituals any one man may honor

i grabbed the 7 deadly sins to liken them to the possible 7 holidays we have in america.

if you have read any of my previous post you will know i am confused. i put that out there. i also put my foot in my mouth a lot.
but im doing pretty good on the penny saved and earned philosiphy.

appreciation doesn't come from this box but i do get upset when i say something and somebody else takes that idea cleans it up and takes credit. I aint mad at that though because that means many more people listen to me than chime in and challenge me.
i like a challenge but its dangerous and i would rather get along and build.

i hope nobody pays any attention to me. as a matter of fact it cost YOU nothing to pay me no mind.
i get my payment from family and friends. when i talk to family they understand and can see i walk the talk.
they dont all listen and i don't expect them to.

so why in the heck would i really care about you or any body else here? because we all have a message and this is a testing ground.
i give mine in a manner that most will skip over.
i dont want money i would like to have my needs met and be left the f u c k alone. i have done work that has entitled me to a decent life and i pick and choose when i deal with the barter system.

when did the barter system stop? you see i can read between lines and see that it never did stop. if your services are no longer needed at dow jones what do they do? give a severance package if business is good and you haven't crossed the wrong people.
now pensions are being eaten up stockton cali is bankrupt. wake up seamaiden. who can bankrupt a city? somebody with impeccable bartering skills.

es tut mir leid seamaiden aber du bist ignoriert
tschuss

neverbreak

neverbreak

So, if you don't have land (on which you might cultivate food, or food animals, or use skills to create a product), with what would *you* barter?

I've bartered with both goods and skills, but barter hasn't gotten me everywhere. Cash has.

i doubt it's possible to return to a system of barter with the way society is set up today and cash is entrenched in the global economy, so the question is moot.

if i were to barter, it would be for skills and things i could grow. but barter isn't the only other system that can exist. community can also exist, small self-sufficient communities, where everything essential to living a simple life can be grown amongst a group of like-minded people. ya might not be able to buy your fancy shoes from new york, but they really matter not in the grand scheme of things. life doesn't have to be filled with worthless junk and bling. just because today's society covets that crap doesn't mean we have to fall for it. sure, as it stands now i use money and own items which aren't necessary for survival, but it doesn't have to be that way.

i ain't sayin that i'm gonna change to barter or try to set up a community, but alternatives do exist. i maintain that cash has no inherent value and that it's an artificial human construct. useful, yes; real, no.

neverbreak

Kyle mccall

Kyle mccall

i like the barter system. it's more real and more useful that artificial currency.

but no, i do not have land.

i do not really see our current system changing all that much. currency has existed for a long time now, many thousands of years. it's hard to break a tradition like that. all i was saying it was currency is a human construct and has no real value. do animals or plants care about gold? i would hedge my bets on no. but i bet they like to be able to find food, water and clean air tho.

neverbreak
ahh but what you forget is money has nt always been the only currency the sumerians used coco beans and think every civillazation thats has had taxes and money has failed even the great romans.

in 1933 the law chnaged from money being backed by gold to being backed my the markets so look at the markets now when they finally collapse which they will all our money will be worth JACK SHIT ! And if all these countrys are in debt with no gold (well the uk has no gold gordon brown seen to that as chancellor of the exchequer ) how can they continue to print more worthless money i think they ve been duping people for a long time does anyone know why the uk olympics logo spells zion ?? or why they keep showing little ufos on the bloody olypmpic adverts lol

neverbreak

neverbreak

i think ya miss my point bro. i say that gold and all other forms of currency have artificial value. just because the sumerians used cocoa beans instead of chunks of shiny metal doesn't change a thing. we, as humans, put an artificial value on objects to create what is known as currency. the only reason that gold is seen as having more 'real' value than paper money is because it is limited. but it still is not inherently valuable.

barter is good because the goods being exchanged have immediate and therefore real value for the people trading them. food is valuable because it sustains life. gold is valuable because we like the look of it, covet it and say it's valuable. but it ain't!

anyway, i seem to be going in circles here. i've made my point. it's just my view. no one has to agree with me, so i've spent enough time in this thread.

neverbreak

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

gold or what ever currency/barter at hand is simply a trade for time, your time versus your worth but the theory still applies
granted things are a bit askew of late but in the long run, a well rounded farmer is still worth more then a sloppy welder or a window washer, slightly less then some financial thief but more then a ? add your noun here <<<<<<

currency is = your time X your worth in a exchangeable format

fwiw

Kyle mccall

Kyle mccall

i think ya miss my point bro. i say that gold and all other forms of currency have artificial value. just because the sumerians used cocoa beans instead of chunks of shiny metal doesn't change a thing. we, as humans, put an artificial value on objects to create what is known as currency. the only reason that gold is seen as having more 'real' value than paper money is because it is limited. but it still is not inherently valuable.

barter is good because the goods being exchanged have immediate and therefore real value for the people trading them. food is valuable because it sustains life. gold is valuable because we like the look of it, covet it and say it's valuable. but it ain't!

anyway, i seem to be going in circles here. i've made my point. it's just my view. no one has to agree with me, so i've spent enough time in this thread.

neverbreak

You are wrong mate the Sumerians did nt use the beans for artificial
Value they used them because they were available everywhere in their surroundings
They had gold and didn't use it they created a big successful city in a jungle with no water supplies and then built channels to get water oh and gold has a lot of uses for the atmosphere and to create electricity as its ions are positive and even if you barter your still putting value to it but anyway. Well me or you are nt going to solve this I just think history has repeated itself for the last time and our society is about to crash and burn probably starting with America :(

K

kolah

A one world currency is what the elite banking cartels want.... and they'll get it, too. (think Euro and Amero) AND since there is no resistance the Endgame will be : RFID chip and a cashless society. They've slowing been grooming the people for this, now haven't they? With all those nice swipe cards (debit, credit cards, etc) and then all the places you need another card to get the "discount." IMO, very few people use cash anymore, and that's just what the elites want. And it doesn't really matter if the chip is on your card or under your skin. For the few resistors who refuse a chip or a card, you won't be able to buy anything. Or do anything (drive a car, get a job, buy food, etc)

America WAS the greatest nation in the world. Once it's taken over the rest of the countries will be a cakewalk for them. Whether folks want to believe it or not, a one world government is coming. Just look at the UN and the CFR, and watch whats going on there. A global military also means a global government. Thus an overtaking of global power and global control, and all played out by design.

Welcome to the Brave New World, folks. Believe or not, it's upon us.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Well is it?!! I mean, you just can't pull that kind of wool over on the people now with a seizure, so I guess they create a condition where people will give up there most valuable possession for paper! What do you think?

I dont know but my boy had to quit puffin for a while. Instead of buying zips of nug he bought zips of gold. This was back when it was about the same cost.....lets just say the guy has a shitload of gold stashed all over the place and it has quadrupled in value......smart dude!

datDANK

datDANK

what if everything shut down for some reason... water, power, supermarkets, gas... what if everythng was suppose to shut down a few years ago.. but hasn't

what if the death blow finally comes at the end of 2012

will millions of americans die? will the rich have prepared with food stock and survival plans?
less than 1% of people have personalized food gardens

if your in the city how long would you survive? you would have to start eating people?
this is what I think about day to day

my goal is to make a bunch of money.. move somewhere and start a food garden.. although I might be too late

K

kolah

There will first be an immediate die-off of people. The ones on medications will die off first (diabetics, cardiac people, respiratory folks, the very young and very old, etc) and there will be a large majority of people (the big pharma "addicts") going cold turkey. The numbers of people on anti-depressants (Xanax, Valium, Prozac, Zoloft, etc), Oxy's and other pain meds are overwhelming. It will be utter mayhem to say the least. The big cities will be a sure vision of Hell. Those relying on welfare, food stamps, Medicare, Medicaid and other government handouts will also be quick to fade away. Looting and killing will run rampart and your own neighbor will easily kill you to feed his family. It won't take long for the people to beg for martial law and demand "boots-on-the-ground- troops" (domestic and foreign) to come and rescue them (enter the United Nations troops) Survival and food, water and shelter will become top priority. And your beloved Gov already has a solution for those willing: FEMA housing and camps (remember Katrina?) For those, there will be no other options.

It should be interesting times for sure.

As Russell Means, Lakota tribe said to non-indians just recently: "Welcome to the Reservation."

And your gold will be useless should it unfold as such.

purpleberry

purpleberry

Gold saved alot of jews during the holocuast. It helped them bribe there way out of german occupatied areas. If shit hits the fan that bad that they have troops on the ground, im pretty sure i would be able to bribe them with gold, for what i need, or to even get out of the country and go where its better times. Its alot easyer to carry $20k in gold than it is cash, and if shits that bad, The dollar maybe worthless. For shtf scenario you need water, food, guns, and gold.

K

kolah

That's a god point about gold and buying off soldiers. I was not aware that was done in Germany. It makes sense though.

Once martial law is enforced travel will be shut down. If fact everything will be shut down. Right now they already have many americans on "no-fly" lists and a database of all dissidents. There will be little places to run to. IMO running to another country won't do much good. This is a global event. I think that fact is the hardest thing for people to understand. It's not just the USA.

green punk

green punk

Gold saved alot of jews during the holocuast. It helped them bribe there way out of german occupatied areas. If shit hits the fan that bad that they have troops on the ground, im pretty sure i would be able to bribe them with gold, for what i need, or to even get out of the country and go where its better times. Its alot easyer to carry $20k in gold than it is cash, and if shits that bad, The dollar maybe worthless. For shtf scenario you need water, food, guns, and gold.

It won't be American soldiers for one (UN) they won;t understand you. and two whos gonna feed the troops. Ever hereof SB 1867. They will take you in and take your shit.

And Kolah, I grew up on the Rez. It will be nothing like that. It will be more like El Salvador or Chile.

Latest posts

Top Bottom