Cat Keeps Drinking My Nutes.

• Thread starter Pimples
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pimples

Yes its true. My cat has been going in my my clone nursery as i keep my door slightly cracked to help with air circulation
He has been going in there and lapping up the really mild bucket for young just rooted clones. Its a very mild solution of canna a &b with mild humic...silica. and rooting stimulator. About 500 ppm total including 110 tap. Very mild. He has had that stinky cat breath disease and one of his teeth fell out recently. Hea getting older and i was wondering if there is anything mineral wise hes looking for. Always the mild bucket. Not the full strength one. Iam getting this checked out with a vet and i have since covered both buckets. Poor little fuker. Just wondering if he wants something that helps his body. Strange. He is a weird little shit. Eats carpet sometimes too.

P

Pimples

Wow. Just googled it and its alot more common than i thought. Seems iam not the only one with a cat that likes plant food. I put a stop to it but something tells me hes asking for something nutrition wise. My wife and i always get into heated arguments about that nine lives canned crap she has fed both out cats since day one. Ive been reading up on it and that canned crap is not the best constant diet for cats. We do keep hard food always on hand in tje bowls. The canned....every morning when she wakes up. Cant be good. Or lacking i should say

R

rascali

This craving for water can be a sign of feline diabetes, which is not uncommon, especially with some of the other details mentioned. It can be treated just like human diabetes with medications and (yikes!) insulin injections.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Wow. Just googled it and its alot more common than i thought. Seems iam not the only one with a cat that likes plant food. I put a stop to it but something tells me hes asking for something nutrition wise. My wife and i always get into heated arguments about that nine lives canned crap she has fed both out cats since day one. Ive been reading up on it and that canned crap is not the best constant diet for cats. We do keep hard food always on hand in tje bowls. The canned....every morning when she wakes up. Cant be good. Or lacking i should say
Cats should not be fed dry food at all, it's very bad for them. My own vet was adamant, brand doesn't matter. Due to finances we had to go to the inexpensive canned foods.

Have you tried growing out a pan of grass for the kitty?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm working on converting my cats to 100% indoor cats, and they regularly get a craving for grass to noms on. So I put soil in a seedling tray, plant some grass and let 'em have at it. They like to nom it, then Kee Kee does the nasty "I'm gonna hurl" thing cats do and she pulls up a buncha spit. It's really gross, but apparently they need to be able to do this every once in a while. Again, my vet told me to do this with/for them.

Moto

Moto

I'm working on converting my cats to 100% indoor cats, and they regularly get a craving for grass to noms on. So I put soil in a seedling tray, plant some grass and let 'em have at it. They like to nom it, then Kee Kee does the nasty "I'm gonna hurl" thing cats do and she pulls up a buncha spit. It's really gross, but apparently they need to be able to do this every once in a while. Again, my vet told me to do this with/for them.

Nature's way of fixing there internal stomach biology.. :) Not only that, but a lot of grasses are beneficial for even our health if it is grown in a sterile and safe environment.

Just remember portion control etc.. lol

Aka: not contaminated by chemical applications etc..

Doesn't get much better for you then a lot of Raw Foods. :)

Moto

Last edited:
Moto

Moto

I hope your feline friend gets to feeling better.. Sounds like you may be having mal nourishment issues from the food. No offense intended. I have seen others already giving solid advice..

Hopefully your pal gets to feeling better.. If there is anything I can help with just tag me. :)

Moto

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm awful. I wish they made bug- and rodent-based catfoods. One thing for sure, flies don't last long in our houses!

Sky Raisins

MeJuana

MeJuana

My cats gets a mix of dry/wet food as outlined by my favorite vet. My indoors only cat loves marijuana he will tear up all my veg plants if given the chance. So when I'm going to kill off a veg plant I set it out for him to mau down on. He never gets tired of it he will tear that plant a new buthole but he leaves other house plants alone.

P

Pimples

My cats gets a mix of dry/wet food as outlined by my favorite vet. My indoors only cat loves marijuana he will tear up all my veg plants if given the chance. So when I'm going to kill off a veg plant I set it out for him to mau down on. He never gets tired of it he will tear that plant a new buthole but he leaves other house plants alone.
Yes. This. Mine too

Top Bottom