Cat Keeps Peeing in Plant

• Thread starter SDJ99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SDJ99

SDJ99

Hey! How frustrating! I would suggest going to your local thrift store and buying lots of metal forks. Put them in the soil tine side up, so kitty doesn't want to jump in the pots! Doesn't impact the plants at all. I used this method when teaching my kitten not to climb my plants. It also keeps other critters out of your pots. I'd also suggest flushing your soil to try and get all the urine out of the soil. Best of luck!
I’ve never heard of this trick, thanks!

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Okay, so I’m gone for the weekend and have had my security camera set on my plants. My cat has found his way into the grow room and keeps peeing in the damn plants. I’m very grateful he isn’t eating them. I’m gone for a couple more days and I’m wondering what type of damage to expect. Ph issues? Do I need to immediately change the soil when I get back? Right now, the plant is in a fabric pot with perlite, worm castings, and fox farm potting soil mix.
I am definitely further cat proofing when I get back.
Is there anyway to prevent your cat from going into the Grow space? They are famous for passing on pathogens and eating plants or pissing in them

SDJ99

SDJ99

Is there anyway to prevent your cat from going into the Grow space? They are famous for passing on pathogens and eating plants or pissing in them
I am getting a grow tent this week instead of the greenhouse I currently have. I think that will solve the issue because I’ll create a completely sealed system

Top Bottom