Caterpillar induced bud rot - what do you do?

• Thread starter Letsgrowit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Letsgrowit

I didn’t BT it early enough outdo and have had a couple of small spots of caterpillar-induced bud rot. It’s under control I think/hope.

My approach has been to remove the node and all surrounding nodes (even if they look fine) and then spray Zymes. I have also visually inspected every bud and cut down a few buds (and the clean nodes around them) with caterpillar frass.

I also started BT when I saw the first frass a few weeks ago, so the the couple of larvae I have found have been dead.

What do you all do?

What’s the best approach to limit - with say 2-4 weeks left until harvest?

Thanks!

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I found three caterpillars today on one of six plants…interestingly enough the only one with bud rot. I plan to spray BT tomorrow morning to kill existing cats on the one plant but I’ll spray the other 5 just in case. BT only works when cats eat it and it tends to wash off after rains. I hate caterpillars 😤

BudBogart

BudBogart

We try and catch the worms early in the day before they worm their way into the bud. Once they get into a bud , part of the bud turns brown and we toss that portion. Not a terrible situation unless it gets way out of hand.

dretot

dretot

You have to be vigilant. Inspect your plants every day and remove any eggs. Spray BT every 2-3 days. I'm dealing with this now. I just harvested my first plant (out of 5). I had very minimal damage, like, 2 small nodes on 2 buds. My other 4 plants are looking good so far. Good luck.

Top Bottom