Cattapilla's Blackberry Kush and Mango Kush Grow Diary

• Thread starter Cattapilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OdlaFett

OdlaFett

I love everyone's hands off approach here, but I also appreciate any recommendations that will give me a happy harvest! Thoughts?
Nice garden very clean and sterile setup! My only tip would be adding more nutes when you notice you plants going little yellowish but that u probably already know tho.
My main tip I want to share is concidering defoliation espcially when u growing in such tight space. Its done after 3rd week of flowering so little bit late now maybe but concider it till next time. Its going to give you much deeper light penetration and much more yield. It only stunns the plant 1 day max but the payoff is huge.

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Beginning of week six. The Blackberry on the left is starting to really lighten in the leaves, and also the Mango to a certain extent. The feed is the same, and I'm not sure if I should change anything or just follow the suggestions of Dirtbag and go with the flow. Thank you for all your suggestions and observations.

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

My ph is 6.4 - 6.6 going in, I'm using Suretest ph test strips. I don't have runoff, they get a little over 1/4 gallon every third day with nutes and cal/mag every other watering.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Is that a bit of tip burn showing? Its kinda out of focus. If so i would run some water through and measure what comes out the other end.

Failing that see if the runoff is cloudy, smelly,yellow, brown etc. if dark yellow or brownish also likely acidic from nute build up. Some excess is expected but eventually it blocks roots and antagonizes other elements.

Then make a mild balanced grow ratio mix and run that through to runoff until its clearish. That should reset the medium.

If the runoff seems fine in the first place. Then it is possible she is just hungry. But thats why its good to water to runoff and measure to see trends.

Hope this helps. :-)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Is that a bit of tip burn showing? Its kinda out of focus. If so i would run some water through and measure what comes out the other end.

Failing that see if the runoff is cloudy, smelly,yellow, brown etc. if dark yellow or brownish also likely acidic from nute build up. Some excess is expected but eventually it blocks roots and antagonizes other elements.

Then make a mild balanced grow ratio mix and run that through to runoff until its clearish. That should reset the medium.

If the runoff seems fine in the first place. Then it is possible she is just hungry. But thats why its good to water to runoff and measure to see trends.

Exactly. Without periodically measuring runoff, and not watering to runoff at all you're essentially flying blind.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter

Thanks for this mimed, im listening along also. So, what would completely clean run off mean? :O is that healthy? My run off tends to be suppperrr clear.

@Cattapilla , this is your first grow?
Damn. For a first grow..... *Clapping* 👍 👍 👍 👍 🔥
(thought i read that somewhere? maybe not)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for this mimed, im listening along also. So, what would completely clean run off mean? :O is that healthy? My run off tends to be suppperrr clear.

@Cattapilla , this is your first grow?
Damn. For a first grow..... *Clapping* 👍 👍 👍 👍 🔥
(thought i read that somewhere? maybe not)

That can mean you are just running through too dry soil? Have you tried soaking half in waiting 5 minutes or more and then pouring through the rest trying to get good coverage and pouring slowly.

The scenario I addressed above is really for over nuted soil. When everything is going perfect it is usually a little yellow clearish for me.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
That can mean you are just running through too dry soil? Have you tried soaking half in waiting 5 minutes or more and then pouring through the rest trying to get good coverage and pouring slowly.

The scenario I addressed above is really for over nuted soil. When everything is going perfect it is usually a little yellow clearish for me.
Yellowish clearish, got you. Ill see what its looking like tonight. Thanks as always man. Could for sure be to dry.

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

To me she looks hungry af, most your pics your plants look hungry lol thats why I wrote what I did last time to up PPM when they look like that. If your PPM already high which I doubt then its salt build up and lock out.
Check the run off like previous said

Edit: try 2 feed 1 water instead instead of 1 1

Last edited:
needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I dont think they look overly hungry especially if they only got 3 weeks left I would do as mimed suggested flush and then maybe slightly up the feed for a week before you start bringing it back down a bit, look like nice plants though

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

I dont think they look overly hungry especially if they only got 3 weeks left I would do as mimed suggested flush and then maybe slightly up the feed for a week before you start bringing it back down a bit, look like nice plants though
3 weeks i long time, especially when this period they pack on most the weight, not good have them lookin like this this period. But I agree with treatment, flush then feed, maybe leave ppm were they are and feed 2 water 1

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

What I often do in soil is I'll feed twice in a row at full strength with no runoff, and the third time I'll run twice the amount of plain pH'ed 6.5 water through, collect the runoff and record the numbers, then repeat this cycle

I normally feed at 800, & never over 1000 PPM. This is how I do it and it's work for me but everybody has their own way, good luck!

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I just want to through this out to ya, at week 6 a light dose of Epsom salt could retain color in the leaves for a couple weeks.
They look great by the way Catt!

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Hi guys, today I slow watered each plant twice, each watering was ¼ gallon. The water was brownish-amber, and each flush was a bit lighter. I ph tested the water before I watered, and after each watering, the ph was still 6.6 or under. The plants have never been out of the tent since flower, so this was actually the deepest watering they have ever had. I’ll find stands so there will be runoff after this. It’s possible that the ph has been higher than 6.5 before, as I was testing the water, but not testing after I added nutes and cal-mag. That might be the mistake. Happily, my learning curve hasn’t hurt the kush too badly. The next watering I will add a light dose of nutrients, and hopefully the plants will respond to the flush. Thank you all so much for your guidance. After five weeks I haven’t been scared off of growing!

p.s. I hope my buds fill in so that you guys don’t larf at me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom