Cattapilla's Blackberry Kush and Mango Kush Grow Diary

• Thread starter Cattapilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cattapilla

Cattapilla

I have under the lights a feminized Mango and Blackberry Kush from ILGM.
Seeds germinated 10/26 and 10/27. Began putting Great White Micorrhizae in all watering.
10/31 plants were transplanted into dixie cups
11/11 plants were transferred into 3 gallon fabric pots
I've been watering every three days with cal/mag and Great White. This is the second week in the 3 gallon pots and they are starting to take off. I have never heavily watered either of the kush, I've been giving them 1/4 gallon of water each time.
I'm watching for any changes, they've been getting Cal/mag because anything I read about Kush says they thirst for it under LEDs. Wish me luck.
Pictures posted were taken 11/20/19
Please no taunting me about the Tangerine Dream. She looks like a plucked chicken.

Also, @Cattapilla @Cattapilla @Cattapilla for that MarsHydro light giveaway!

11 20 mango
11 20 blackberry
Cattapillas blackberry kush and mango kush grow diary 3
Last edited:
Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Hi guys. My kush is growing well, and I have some questions for you. These are both described as medium plants, but I can see if they grow like they are supposed to, my wee 28x28x60 tent is going to be packed. I plan on getting two flat trays that cover the bottom for more room, and get rid of the round trays. More detail: My fan/filter and LEDs at the top take up a foot of tent space. This is the middle of week two of being moved into the 3 gal pots.

What method do you suggest to maximize these plants when they are the only two in the tent? Thanks!

11 22 Blackberry
11 22 Mango
Last edited:
Cattapilla

Cattapilla

11/24/19 This is end of week two in the new 3 gal pots. So I guess its week 2 of veg. The Blackberry is 9 inches tall and the Mango is 8. Still watering every third day with water, Botanicare cal/mag and Great White mycorrhizae. They seem pretty perky, and I'm excited! I'm considering adding Botanicare Pure Blend Pro to my next watering.

11 24 top
11 24 Side
Last edited:
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

answering earlier post - FIM, topping, LST, HST, etc, SoG, all to promote bushier growth. let it grow another couple of nodes and you'd be ready for any of these manipulations. they're feminised, rather than auto - so, i gather they would respond well to training/manipulation.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

oh, i suppose these various methods of manipulation has the variant of adding days to your harvest. SoG is probably the most time consuming in keeping it vegetative to cover the entire canopy of your grow tent.

it was that fruity pack, wasn't it? i'm interested in purchasing...wondering about its aroma, when more fully developed....

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

oh, i suppose these various methods of manipulation has the variant of adding days to your harvest. SoG is probably the most time consuming in keeping it vegetative to cover the entire canopy of your grow tent.

it was that fruity pack, wasn't it? i'm interested in purchasing...wondering about its aroma, when more fully developed....
It is the Fruity pack. Being new to this rodeo I wanted a variety of strains since my tent has enough room for only two or three small to medium plants. Its 28x28x60.

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Hi all, it's almost the end of week 3 in veg for the Mango and Blackberry Kush. The Mango is 12" tall and the Blackberry is at 14" today. Since the 24th, the Mango has grown 4 inches, and the Blackberry, 5 inches. For the first time yesterday watering, I used Up ph to bring my ph up to 6.2 - 6.4.

11 30 end of week 3 veg
Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Today is the first day of week four for the kush. Both are responding well to the Botanicare pure blend pro and the ph up to 6.2-6.4. I tucked a few wide fan leaves beneath some new growth on the mango today (in front) and am hoping for a few suggestions. First, I must confess that I have never watered these plants until water runs through the bottom. They are watered every three days at 1/4 gallon each, which I know I will have to increase, shortly. They do not seem thirsty but I don't want them to be stunted. However, they are making me nervous as I've heard they will double in size after I hit the 12/12 switch. Observations and suggestions welcome!

20191202 103534
Cattapilla

Cattapilla

An exciting day for me, I topped the two kush for the first time as they are looking menacingly large in my tiny tent. I noticed some drooping leaves on the blackberry yesterday before watering, which perked up immediately, so going forward I will water more frequently. It's close to end of week four in Veg for my pretties, and I have ordered the HLG 100 V2 4000k to hang next to my 65 for the flower stage that will arrive on Monday. Are these ready for the Flowering stage next week? Thank you for all the support.

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

An exciting day for me, I topped the two kush for the first time as they are looking menacingly large in my tiny tent. I noticed some drooping leaves on the blackberry yesterday before watering, which perked up immediately, so going forward I will water more frequently. It's close to week four in Veg for my pretties, and I have ordered the HLG 100 V2 4000k to hang next to my 65 for the flower stage that will arrive on Monday. Are these ready for the Flowering stage next week? Thank you for all the support.
Looks great! I've had my eye on bergman's Blackberry for a while (but I won't pay his prices), following along, they look fantastic! Looking forward to a smoke report

When I top I like to give it at least a week before I put them into flower

newh

newh

Today is the first day of week four for the kush. Both are responding well to the Botanicare pure blend pro and the ph up to 6.2-6.4. I tucked a few wide fan leaves beneath some new growth on the mango today (in front) and am hoping for a few suggestions. First, I must confess that I have never watered these plants until water runs through the bottom. They are watered every three days at 1/4 gallon each, which I know I will have to increase, shortly. They do not seem thirsty but I don't want them to be stunted. However, they are making me nervous as I've heard they will double in size after I hit the 12/12 switch. Observations and suggestions welcome!
they look spot on

newh

newh

An exciting day for me, I topped the two kush for the first time as they are looking menacingly large in my tiny tent. I noticed some drooping leaves on the blackberry yesterday before watering, which perked up immediately, so going forward I will water more frequently. It's close to end of week four in Veg for my pretties, and I have ordered the HLG 100 V2 4000k to hang next to my 65 for the flower stage that will arrive on Monday. Are these ready for the Flowering stage next week? Thank you for all the support.
you may want to flip soon so you dont run out of room

707finisher

707finisher

They will stretch a lot, I’m curious how the 2 different ones you have will stretch, I love comparing strains side by side, looking forward to the next pics :)

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Thank you, will flip next week. The blackberry has always grow all spread out and lanky, and taller. The mango is growing compact, with leaves super tight and close together. This week she's just started to stretch her lower branches wider. I'm scared these will be big dogs in a pup tent!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They look fantastic!

And i know we stress watering to runoff only when actually dry but another method to avoid overwatering os to only give as much as they will use today and then again every day. You can get the hang of this and never see a drop of runoff. But it is for natural organic soil grows with perfect water. Without runoff no excess calcium or anything ever washes out.

I knew a grower who walked around his huge basement with a watering wand and would spray and count to 3 each plant. No trays and not a drop of water in the concrete floor. And really nice plants. He supplied quite a few dealers.

Top Bottom