Cattapilla's Blackberry Kush and Mango Kush Grow Diary

• Thread starter Cattapilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cattapilla

Cattapilla

Hi guys, the HGL 100 4k light came today, and this is what it looks right now in the 60” tent. The fan/filter is above, with the light hanging below, 16” from the top. The lights are the same size and will be hanging side by side. The Blackberry is 21” tall at this point, and today I’ll switch to 12/12. Here’s my question for the day. Do I need to move the filter/fan to the floor in the corner and stack it with the exhaust hose piped out the side so I can move the lights closer to the ceiling, or will lights be fine as they are. Thanks, as always.

20191209 102758
20191209 103054
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hi guys, the HGL 100 4k light came today, and this is what it looks right now in the 60” tent. The fan/filter is above, with the light hanging below, 16” from the top. The lights are the same size and will be hanging side by side. The Blackberry is 21” tall at this point, and today I’ll switch to 12/12. Here’s my question for the day. Do I need to move the filter/fan to the floor in the corner and stack it with the exhaust hose piped out the side so I can move the lights closer to the ceiling, or will lights be fine as they are. Thanks, as always.

The plants sure seem to like it where it is.

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

I had to share this photo I just took of how quickly the color changes in the new growth with the new light. Already they are a darker green starting from the outer edges and moving towards the middle of the leaf. This is the blackberry. This is so fun.

20191210 111543
707finisher

707finisher

I’m running smaller fans, under the canopy, partly for electrical usage, partly to make sure any moisture from watering doesn’t build up. I figure the intake and exhaust move the upper air enough but I don’t really know anything I’m just guessing at it lol

newh

newh

I had to share this photo I just took of how quickly the color changes in the new growth with the new light. Already they are a darker green starting from the outer edges and moving towards the middle of the leaf. This is the blackberry. This is so fun.
If you can try tucking those huge fan leaves under your lower tops so they get more light exposure.within a couple days they will blowup

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If you can try tucking those huge fan leaves under your lower tops so they get more light exposure.within a couple days they will blowup

Why do you think tucking and ruining the air flow over the big fans whould promote growth?

I end up with huge buds under those leaves. The fan leaves power the branch and top to grow. Not inhibit them.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Tucked. It also changed the light penetration. Maybe only because the fan leaves are in shock right now.

In my opinion that just inhibits air flow through the plant. It looked so happy before. Thats what i look for. Ots not like you have tons of plants crammed together. Thats when some defoliation can help if they are crowded.

I fluff up my plants so all the leaves can flutter.

Cattapilla

Cattapilla

I imagined it would give the new growth a straighter shot to the light with the fans ability to function still intact. Will the fans eventually end up covering the new growth again? I understand the importance of airflow.

newh

newh

Why do you think tucking and ruining the air flow over the big fans whould promote growth?

I end up with huge buds under those leaves. The fan leaves power the branch and top to grow. Not inhibit them.
within a couple days those under tops will stretch up and those fans will be back where they were

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

within a couple days those under tops will stretch up and those fans will be back where they were

Will happen anyway. Over time i have stopped all of these “techniques” and have improved yield and quality. A tucked fan leaf can not function properly.

newh

newh

In my opinion that just inhibits air flow through the plant. It looked so happy before. Thats what i look for. Ots not like you have tons of plants crammed together. Thats when some defoliation can help if they are crowded.

I fluff up my plants so all the leaves can flutter.
Im not a big fan of defoliation when theyre in fast growth mode,which it looks like they are to me.I guess to me it a form of lst,no need to defoiliate and have the plant have to use energy to repair itself

newh

newh

Will happen anyway. Over time i have stopped all of these “techniques” and have improved yield and quality. A tucked fan leaf can not function properly.
but arent the newly exposed leafs making up for what that fan leaf was doing?and that fan leaf is still there doing its job also?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Im not a big fan of defoliation when theyre in fast growth mode,which it looks like they are to me.I guess to me it a form of lst,no need to defoiliate and have the plant have to use energy to repair itself

I wish i had my clones still. I would do another side by side. I have already tested these things for myself. The tucked or defoliated plant will grow and develop less than the untouched one from what I have seen. And in flower when i get larfy lowers it is airflow not light penetration that causes that. So if i end up with bunched up leaves i will untangle them or even pull a couple so they all get movement.

Disclaimer. This was for plants I grew and they had excellent structure. But so do the plants in this thread.

Top Bottom