• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Meanwhile at Sportyridr back yard....

Images 7

Badcableman

Badcableman

Nice looking plants. Yes, the unseasonably warm temps and high humidity have been really disruptive this season. My last remaining female is really struggling. Yes, started from seed a month+ late, but trying. She's really stressed. Throwing all sorts of 1, 3, and 5-lobed fan leaves. Trying to salvage something out of her yet. You know what you're doing... good luck!

20210802 152051
sportyridr

sportyridr

Nice looking plants. Yes, the unseasonably warm temps and high humidity have been really disruptive this season. My last remaining female is really struggling. Yes, started from seed a month+ late, but trying. She's really stressed. Throwing all sorts of 1, 3, and 5-lobed fan leaves. Trying to salvage something out of her yet. You know what you're doing... good luck!

Hi there, thanks for stopping by and thank you. Really the only thing saving me here is my limited experience. The temp swings are just plain insane this year, not only for our plants but us as well. Just can't get used to it.

This is my small coco test grow so if I can manage to get these to the finish I plan to switch...haha I'm switching anyways :) I will say the Pro-mix I have been using has been good to me tho.

Looks like your in soil there in a 5 gal. Not a soil grower, (well very first grow was). I was barely able to get to the finish. I tried a couple plants in 5 gallon buckets outside last year gorilla style but they just never took off and were stunted. I yanked them out and put them in smaller pots with a lot of perlite and finished them in my shed. They showed some improvement but the stunting was done. Ya i'm insane like that 😜🙂 She's not going to be a monster but she's starting to put on some weight & stack a little.

Maybe my friend @Marzcanna can give you a few pointers as he does Organic at times. Sorry I can't be of more help. Have you looked her over head to toe for bugs? Worm Castings have shown an immediate boost for me in the past as well. Unsure of your whole nutrient routine here either.

Hope you get it sorted!

Badcableman

Badcableman

Thank you very much for your feedback! This is my very first grow. Just something small for personal medical use. The way I see it, the entire process, from start to finish, is one continuous learning opportunity. I've made numerous rookie mistakes that won't be repeated next year. Mine is just a simple outdoor bucket grow. Nothing fancy. Yes, I could invest a considerable amount of time, money, and effort, and set up a nice indoor grow. I've had the privilege of seeing some mighty fine indoor grows, from a tent up to a full basement with full lights, CO2 feeds, automatic watering systems, yada yada yada. That's just not my style or level of interest at this point in time. But I digress.

Nothing fancy. Organic potting soil mixed with organic topsoil that's been amended with Jobe's Organic Tomato food as per instructions. No fancy nutes. I water using common sense and best judgement based on heft, feel, and the weather. Regular tap water, that I check from time to time for pH and hardness and chlorine with pool test strips. Definitely not a lab-quality setup.

The greenhouse is used early in the season for all my seedlings (including all the garden vegetables) to protect during our cool spring nights and inclement weather. Although it has an automatic roof vent panel, and I keep the door open, it can get pretty warm in there... which just further adds to this years' heat and humidity issues.

I'm just going to keep at it, and grow her out. I don't smoke; she's destined to end up in some Green Dragon recipe. I'm curious to see just how she ends up. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Best of luck to you going forward!!

sportyridr

sportyridr

Thank you very much for your feedback! This is my very first grow. Just something small for personal medical use. The way I see it, the entire process, from start to finish, is one continuous learning opportunity. I've made numerous rookie mistakes that won't be repeated next year. Mine is just a simple outdoor bucket grow. Nothing fancy. Yes, I could invest a considerable amount of time, money, and effort, and set up a nice indoor grow. I've had the privilege of seeing some mighty fine indoor grows, from a tent up to a full basement with full lights, CO2 feeds, automatic watering systems, yada yada yada. That's just not my style or level of interest at this point in time. But I digress.

Nothing fancy. Organic potting soil mixed with organic topsoil that's been amended with Jobe's Organic Tomato food as per instructions. No fancy nutes. I water using common sense and best judgement based on heft, feel, and the weather. Regular tap water, that I check from time to time for pH and hardness and chlorine with pool test strips. Definitely not a lab-quality setup.

The greenhouse is used early in the season for all my seedlings (including all the garden vegetables) to protect during our cool spring nights and inclement weather. Although it has an automatic roof vent panel, and I keep the door open, it can get pretty warm in there... which just further adds to this years' heat and humidity issues.

I'm just going to keep at it, and grow her out. I don't smoke; she's destined to end up in some Green Dragon recipe. I'm curious to see just how she ends up. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Mistakes you say, make em daily or at least weekly...now a days mostly just minor details that I prob should have wrote down or better yet remembered 🤔 😬

Your plan is solid man, nothing ventured nothing gained as you say. As much as I would love to grow rooms full of this stuff I don't want to deal with the end game of it all. So it's good my spaces are smaller as it helps keep things in check. I also have two brothers in law that grow that are local so we exchange ideas etc etc...really its more me providing seeds & clones lol...Hoping we can get a few organized grows together but we'll see...

Hope she makes it to an oz dry for ya 🙂 That will make some nice dragon, I haven't made any in a while and have plenty of material so thanks for bringing it up! It's great in a low dose with coffee...but I do like the GD as it hits fast with the feels of an edible when ya want it quick :)

Thanks, stop back this fall when I get the autopots going in a coco grow...hoping by late Oct I have some beauties in flower.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Mistakes you say, make em daily or at least weekly...now a days mostly just minor details that I prob should have wrote down or better yet remembered 🤔 😬

Your plan is solid man, nothing ventured nothing gained as you say. As much as I would love to grow rooms full of this stuff I don't want to deal with the end game of it all. So it's good my spaces are smaller as it helps keep things in check. I also have two brothers in law that grow that are local so we exchange ideas etc etc...really its more me providing seeds & clones lol...Hoping we can get a few organized grows together but we'll see...

Hope she makes it to an oz dry for ya 🙂 That will make some nice dragon, I haven't made any in a while and have plenty of material so thanks for bringing it up! It's great in a low dose with coffee...but I do like the GD as it hits fast with the feels of an edible when ya want it quick :)

Thanks, stop back this fall when I get the autopots going in a coco grow...hoping by late Oct I have some beauties in flower.
I have a feeling the Autopot Grow is Gona be a good one to follow. @sportyridr will have his plants stretching all the way into the neighbors kitchen

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Sounds like you all set for a decent harvest, however i have to say i rather use RO water for organics nowadays. Nothing wrong with tap water just that mine comes out at 500 ppm and around 420 after dechlorination, which brings me to anther point, how sure am i that my water is infact using chlorine and not chloramine. People in my town seem to be lying or are completely clueless of whats put in the water, and both chlorine and chloramine will kill microbes in your medium but chloramine being worse because it doesnt evaporate. Always good to do some research on whats in your local tap water

Last edited:
Badcableman

Badcableman

Interesting bit of info there. I can see where RO might come in handy under those circumstances. Follows along loosely with the train of thought using a Britta or Pur or other similar filter.

Our total and free Cl levels tend to hover around the lower end of the effectiveness scale (actual numbers escape me at the moment) and TDS are also relatively low.

Question or food for thought... If Cl were an issue, would aquarium dechlorinator solution be effective or even of benefit? Chemistry was never my strong suit... 🤔

sportyridr

sportyridr

I have a feeling the Autopot Grow is Gona be a good one to follow. @sportyridr will have his plants stretching all the way into the neighbors kitchen
Man...I'm hoping for the best but aren't we all...I hope to be making the purchase week of 9/16 after I get back. I am just hoping that the work to be done while we are gone is complete and I can back to bizness as per usual 😉 if there is such a thing anymore. 🙄.

Once again you give me way too much kudos Marz...just a simple man growing a simple plant...you Sir however have plenty to brag about...does this look familiar? Not sure I have achieved this status yet 🤔💥🔥

Marzbudz

I really have to start thinking about what I'm going to put in these pots for this new grow. Yes I am a seed junky🤫 🤯so that makes the choices even tougher...thinking maybe it should be str8 up Fem seeds, then again maybe a cpl Regs as I have extra pots (hoping the 2 gal fab bags I got fit) they are 8" x 8" (20cmx20cm)...got 8 or 10 of them

ugh...this is what happens when I try to put my brain in gear and start looking at this list...eventually I always say, I'll look at it later & make a decision. Never happens though. 🤣🤔🤔😵

FEMALE SEEDS * = already grown

* Cali Bay Dream Feminised Seeds

* Acapulco Gold Feminised Seeds

The White OG Feminised Seeds (2x NO pop)

Seedsman Blueberry Feminised Seeds

* Gelat.OG Feminised Seeds

K8 Feminised from V Elementum Seeds

* Fat Banana Feminised CLONE

* Colombian Jack Feminised

* Bubba Kush Feminised - Seedsman

Malawi Fem - Ace Seeds

* Washing Machine Fem - Ripper Seeds

White Widow Fem Seedsman

* Orange Cookies x Nicole Fem (have clone)

Wedding Cake Seedsman Fem

Forbidden Fruit Fem - SOG

* Sweet Breath Fem - Sea Of Green (troubles chopped early)

Seedsman Big Bud Fem

Super Glue Fem - SOG

Ghost Train Haze Fem - SOG

Highland Thai Fem - Sog

Super Critical Bud CBD Feminised from Garden Of Green

Ice Cool CBD Feminised from Sweet Seeds

REGULAR SEEDS

Tropical Mix Regular - Long Grow Sativas

* Missy’s Stash from Dragons Flame Genetics

* Celestial Dragon from DFG (have clone)

Red Dragon's Stash F3 from DFG

Green Dragon's Stash F3 from DFG

Orange Stash V5 from DFG

Garlic Stash #13/Thug Pug & DFG

Garlic Stash #21 from DFG

Hydra's Stash from DFG

Interstate Dragon from DFG

Parvati Valley Pakistan Seeds from Seedsman (Landrace)

Girl Scout Cookies / Strainly Mark

* Blue Dream / Strainly Mark

* Blue Cookies / Strainly Mark

OG Cake / Strainly Mark

* Blue God / Strainly Mark

* Gorilla Glue #4 x Grand Daddy Purple (have clone)
Kane Genetics/Strainly

Headbanger#2 x Goji OG - BurnzyBudz

Velveeta Breath x Banger & Mac
Cheese x Mendo Breath
X
Headbanger x MAC
from BurnzyBudz

Mango Tango - Sea of Green

Skywalker OG - Sea of Green

10 Romulan Heirloom - In The Shadows

Romulan #2 - In The Shadows

Romulan x The Cube - In The Shadows

Auto Fems & Auto Regs not listed

I definately want some happy weed (50/50 mix of happy & asskicker would be cool), this last go round didn't pan out because I chose Regs and not Fems, yep I'm dumb like that. I have too much evening type product, need some HQ daytime stuff. Been mixing str8 CBD with my other strains to lighten it up for daytime but it's still pretty much too indica -ee for daytime lol. 😴😴 Plus it's cutting in on my CBD product that I grow for my MIL for her issues. I have been making her infused Honey + Gummies. Keeps me in the good books with her! 📖📖 😇😇

What do you cats think?...any standouts for you?

I'd start a poll but there's only a couple folks that stop by this mess...lmao...Interested to hear your thoughts.

Main grow will be the 4 autopots...so 2 happy & 2 asskickers is my aim here

Also will be 2 plants at some point in 1gal (2gal?) fab's in Coco but will be a mix of hand watering and some DIY gravity drip in my little tent? Maybe this should be a couple reg seeds & hope one is a Fem.

Man this has turned into a monster blah blah blah post...I'll try & do better 🤪😎

I'm on well water & using RO system here so totally out of the chlorine world. Our water is undrinkable plus ppm is way to high for any kind of synthetic grow. The town decided we needed sewer system not water....🚰🚰🚰

Badcableman

Badcableman

FWIW, I was very happy to score some THE BLACK, BIG BUD, and BADASS BB's (all regular photoperiod) just last week. Those will be the candidates for my next grow.... 🤷

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Interesting bit of info there. I can see where RO might come in handy under those circumstances. Follows along loosely with the train of thought using a Britta or Pur or other similar filter.

Our total and free Cl levels tend to hover around the lower end of the effectiveness scale (actual numbers escape me at the moment) and TDS are also relatively low.

Question or food for thought... If Cl were an issue, would aquarium dechlorinator solution be effective or even of benefit? Chemistry was never my strong suit... 🤔
I would think so. Think about aquarium plants, they live just fine with some aquarium dechlorinator, so I would think it would be effective

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Man...I'm hoping for the best but aren't we all...I hope to be making the purchase week of 9/16 after I get back. I am just hoping that the work to be done while we are gone is complete and I can back to bizness as per usual 😉 if there is such a thing anymore. 🙄.

Once again you give me way too much kudos Marz...just a simple man growing a simple plant...you Sir however have plenty to brag about...does this look familiar? Not sure I have achieved this status yet 🤔💥🔥

View attachment 1153576

I really have to start thinking about what I'm going to put in these pots for this new grow. Yes I am a seed junky🤫 🤯so that makes the choices even tougher...thinking maybe it should be str8 up Fem seeds, then again maybe a cpl Regs as I have extra pots (hoping the 2 gal fab bags I got fit) they are 8" x 8" (20cmx20cm)...got 8 or 10 of them

ugh...this is what happens when I try to put my brain in gear and start looking at this list...eventually I always say, I'll look at it later & make a decision. Never happens though. 🤣🤔🤔😵

FEMALE SEEDS * = already grown

* Cali Bay Dream Feminised Seeds

* Acapulco Gold Feminised Seeds

The White OG Feminised Seeds (2x NO pop)

Seedsman Blueberry Feminised Seeds

* Gelat.OG Feminised Seeds

K8 Feminised from V Elementum Seeds

* Fat Banana Feminised CLONE

* Colombian Jack Feminised

* Bubba Kush Feminised - Seedsman

Malawi Fem - Ace Seeds

* Washing Machine Fem - Ripper Seeds

White Widow Fem Seedsman

* Orange Cookies x Nicole Fem (have clone)

Wedding Cake Seedsman Fem

Forbidden Fruit Fem - SOG

* Sweet Breath Fem - Sea Of Green (troubles chopped early)

Seedsman Big Bud Fem

Super Glue Fem - SOG

Ghost Train Haze Fem - SOG

Highland Thai Fem - Sog

Super Critical Bud CBD Feminised from Garden Of Green

Ice Cool CBD Feminised from Sweet Seeds

REGULAR SEEDS

Tropical Mix Regular - Long Grow Sativas

* Missy’s Stash from Dragons Flame Genetics

* Celestial Dragon from DFG (have clone)

Red Dragon's Stash F3 from DFG

Green Dragon's Stash F3 from DFG

Orange Stash V5 from DFG

Garlic Stash #13/Thug Pug & DFG

Garlic Stash #21 from DFG

Hydra's Stash from DFG

Interstate Dragon from DFG

Parvati Valley Pakistan Seeds from Seedsman (Landrace)

Girl Scout Cookies / Strainly Mark

* Blue Dream / Strainly Mark

* Blue Cookies / Strainly Mark

OG Cake / Strainly Mark

* Blue God / Strainly Mark

* Gorilla Glue #4 x Grand Daddy Purple (have clone)
Kane Genetics/Strainly

Headbanger#2 x Goji OG - BurnzyBudz

Velveeta Breath x Banger & Mac
Cheese x Mendo Breath
X
Headbanger x MAC
from BurnzyBudz

Mango Tango - Sea of Green

Skywalker OG - Sea of Green

10 Romulan Heirloom - In The Shadows

Romulan #2 - In The Shadows

Romulan x The Cube - In The Shadows

Auto Fems & Auto Regs not listed

I definately want some happy weed (50/50 mix of happy & asskicker would be cool), this last go round didn't pan out because I chose Regs and not Fems, yep I'm dumb like that. I have too much evening type product, need some HQ daytime stuff. Been mixing str8 CBD with my other strains to lighten it up for daytime but it's still pretty much too indica -ee for daytime lol. 😴😴 Plus it's cutting in on my CBD product that I grow for my MIL for her issues. I have been making her infused Honey + Gummies. Keeps me in the good books with her! 📖📖 😇😇

What do you cats think?...any standouts for you?

I'd start a poll but there's only a couple folks that stop by this mess...lmao...Interested to hear your thoughts.

Main grow will be the 4 autopots...so 2 happy & 2 asskickers is my aim here

Also will be 2 plants at some point in 1gal (2gal?) fab's in Coco but will be a mix of hand watering and some DIY gravity drip in my little tent? Maybe this should be a couple reg seeds & hope one is a Fem.

Man this has turned into a monster blah blah blah post...I'll try & do better 🤪😎

I'm on well water & using RO system here so totally out of the chlorine world. Our water is undrinkable plus ppm is way to high for any kind of synthetic grow. The town decided we needed sewer system not water....🚰🚰🚰
Wow that's a big bud you got there on your hand 😉😉

If you want happy than Durban Poision make you happy long time lol. Really is a great day strain..

I'm guessing since you using fabric you must be having these Autopot trays right?
Autopot 1Pot XL Tray and Lid

Talking about regs and fems, I'm also running 3 super silver regs. I'm really hoping to get at least one good fem and male so I can breed them. With my luck I ll either get all fems (which isn't a bad thing) or worse all males 🤔😅

sportyridr

sportyridr

FWIW, I was very happy to score some THE BLACK, BIG BUD, and BADASS BB's (all regular photoperiod) just last week. Those will be the candidates for my next grow.... 🤷
Nice selection I'd say...you mentioned Big Bug...check my friend @Fudge and his grow, he has the Big Bud dialed in among many others, kickin ass over the pond

sportyridr

sportyridr

Wow that's a big bud you got there on your hand 😉😉

If you want happy than Durban Poision make you happy long time lol. Really is a great day strain..

I'm guessing since you using fabric you must be having these Autopot trays right?
View attachment 1153648

Talking about regs and fems, I'm also running 3 super silver regs. I'm really hoping to get at least one good fem and male so I can breed them. With my luck I ll either get all fems (which isn't a bad thing) or worse all males 🤔😅

I hear ya but sadly DP isn't in my current seedlist, I'll find something I'm sure 🤔 😉

Speaking of Haze, I have some Ghost Train Haze, not smoked any haze b4 knowingly 😅 that will be new so its def on the list.

After mentioning it earlier I think I'll go with Fem's and do a cpl regs on the side, I had a decent rotation going there for a while...take a min to get that back working regs in pretty constant. Variety is what I care about the most being small.

1gal sq

These are 2 gal fab I'm talking about...they are same size (supposed)...if I have been correct in my research the 2.2 gal hard pots & 3.9 gal are 8" or 20cm sq...these should slide right in there...if no worky I'll worky something diff out 🙃 Not really interested in going back to hard sides. 😒 I would do 1gal but they are too small I think. I don't see any need for anything bigger than even a 2gal in my setup...what'cha think boss

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

I hear ya but sadly DP isn't in my current seedlist, I'll find something I'm sure 🤔 😉

Speaking of Haze, I have some Ghost Train Haze, not smoked any haze b4 knowingly 😅 that will be new so its def on the list.

After mentioning it earlier I think I'll go with Fem's and do a cpl regs on the side, I had a decent rotation going there for a while...take a min to get that back working regs in pretty constant. Variety is what I care about the most being small.

View attachment 1153706

These are 2 gal fab I'm talking about...they are same size (supposed)...if I have been correct in my research the 2.2 gal hard pots & 3.9 gal are 8" or 20cm sq...these should slide right in there...if no worky I'll worky something diff out 🙃 Not really interested in going back to hard sides. 😒 I would do 1gal but they are too small I think. I don't see any need for anything bigger than even a 2gal in my setup...what'cha think boss
Yea im thinking those will work, but id try one for size, because the xl pot tray like the one i posted above will fit a 20L (5.28344 Gal) easily and the price difference between the standard pot trays and the xl isnt that big so if you were to buy a new system why not go with the XL and you can fit the 20L fabrics that come with it, also the XL system all come with the valve 5, unless your local store doesnt supply it (maybe online order). However those fabric pots you posted might actual fit in the older system perfectly. What size lead piping you going to use, i think i have asked you this question but im way to high to remember, I even had to read this post 5 times because i kept getting lost in my own words 🤣

Last edited:
SSgrower

SSgrower

I have 3 gal yieldlab bag but 2 is spot on, I am using too much nutriment $$ on each grow so I dialed back the media & am working to see, experiment, on how much to feed my 3 girls. Smoking the roach rolls from Debbie's Delight. Cheers! SS

sportyridr

sportyridr

Yea im thinking those will work, but id try one for size, because the xl pot tray like the one i posted above will fit a 20L (5.28344 Gal) easily and the price difference between the standard pot trays and the xl isnt that big so if you were to buy a new system why not go with the XL and you can fit the 20L fabrics that come with it, also the XL system all come with the valve 5, unless your local store doesnt supply it (maybe online order). However those fabric pots you posted might actual fit in the older system perfectly. What size lead piping you going to use, i think i have asked you this question but im way to high to remember, I even had to read this post 5 times because i kept getting lost in my own words 🤣

Well my high friend 🤪😵🤣, we're fixin to find out what's going to work & what's not...going to try to do another trip to hydro store again hopefully b4 I head out next week to see if things will work out the way I have envisioned/saw while looking at this stuff. If not it will wait until I get back.

Honestly I'm sold on this style of growing 👍, really questioning if it's right for my setup & style 🤔🤔. I have ZERO need to grow monster plants inside, 2 to 3oz per plant is way plenty and in a size that's manageable in 1 or 2gal pots. Anyways it will all work itself out I suppose.

The plan was to have a setup with the 12mm & 9mm lines...

Stay HIGH 😛😉😎

sportyridr

sportyridr

I have 3 gal yieldlab bag but 2 is spot on, I am using too much nutriment $$ on each grow so I dialed back the media & am working to see, experiment, on how much to feed my 3 girls. Smoking the roach rolls from Debbie's Delight. Cheers! SS

Started out in 3's, went to 2's then 1gals...bag/brick of medium goes alot further, big plus because it's less to get rid of 🙂 I have noticed you seem to buy alot of nutes but that's none of my biz plus maybe they were small bottles you bought...Smoking the Debbie you say...rockin it for the wake & bake...cheers

Top Bottom