Caygeon Holler Ka nuh buhs w/ Sporty

• Thread starter sportyridr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Well my high friend 🤪😵🤣, we're fixin to find out what's going to work & what's not...going to try to do another trip to hydro store again hopefully b4 I head out next week to see if things will work out the way I have envisioned/saw while looking at this stuff. If not it will wait until I get back.

Honestly I'm sold on this style of growing 👍, really questioning if it's right for my setup & style 🤔🤔. I have ZERO need to grow monster plants inside, 2 to 3oz per plant is way plenty and in a size that's manageable in 1 or 2gal pots. Anyways it will all work itself out I suppose.

The plan was to have a setup with the 12mm & 9mm lines...

Stay HIGH 😛😉😎
For me this style of growing is appealing to me because ive grown cannabis for a couple of years and have done a few styles...and well to put it short and sweet..im LAZY now! 😌 I really want to walk into my grow room and feel as if my plants have grown 3 feet over night 🥲 Having to do min work and having to check up on my grow once a week is almost like cheating...i love the idea.. lets see how it turns out...knowing my luck im going to end up with more work than expected 🤣

The plan was to have a setup with the 12mm & 9mm lines...
Ha with valve 5s. Yea that's the setup you want to go with 100%

sportyridr

sportyridr

For me this style of growing is appealing to me because ive grown cannabis for a couple of years and have done a few styles...and well to put it short and sweet..im LAZY now! 😌 I really want to walk into my grow room and feel as if my plants have grown 3 feet over night 🥲 Having to do min work and having to check up on my grow once a week is almost like cheating...i love the idea.. lets see how it turns out...knowing my luck im going to end up with more work than expected 🤣

Ha with valve 5s. Yea that's the setup you want to go with 100%

wholeheartedly agreed on the system...I really just need to get on with it...as per usual I overthink most everything...I'm sure I'll dig it 👍 🤘👌

haha...if I'm not happy with it I'll be looking into shipping to SA where I know a guy... 🤣🤪🤣

I said to wife yesterday, I wish I could get the new plants started & they would be ready when we got back to put in system and get to rockin 🥁🪘🎷🎸🎺...lmao...

Badcableman

Badcableman

Not to beat a dead horse, but just for shits & giggles, I decided to test strip today's tap water used for this morning's watering... From what I'm seeing, I can't justify any sort of intervention.

Total hardness = 100ppm
Total Chlorine = 1ppm
Free Chlorine = 0ppm
pH = 6.8
Total alkalinity = 40ppm
Stabilizer = 0ppm

Granted, these are pool water test strips, but they get the job done and more or less tell me what I need to know.

Comments, suggestions, or criticism welcome.

20210805 113613
20210805 113652
20210805 113658
20210805 113708
sportyridr

sportyridr

Not to beat a dead horse, but just for shits & giggles, I decided to test strip today's tap water used for this morning's watering... From what I'm seeing, I can't justify any sort of intervention.

Total hardness = 100ppm
Total Chlorine = 1ppm
Free Chlorine = 0ppm
pH = 6.8
Total alkalinity = 40ppm
Stabilizer = 0ppm

Granted, these are pool water test strips, but they get the job done and more or less tell me what I need to know.

Comments, suggestions, or criticism welcome.

I've got strips & drops because I use cheaper meters that I don't trust 1/2 the time lol...keeps me on my toes

100 ppm is pretty damn good for tap...I'm 275 - 325 so I gave up on that for using any type of synthetics

What about a tea with calcium, ep salt, worm castings to see if there is any perk? Is it possible that amendments are depleted and all she's getting is mostly from the tap & what little was in there is done?
That big pot & soil like that...going to be hard pressed but it's always worth a try...I'd drill oodles and oodles of holes so after you do water it can dry out and get a proper wet/dry cycle which is very important for a soil grow.

Honestly that's all I got, sorry. Still a newb and always will be 🙂

SSgrower

SSgrower

The thing about a newbie is just research, I started in 3 gal bags cause I didn't know better, plus I found "plant stands" 12" size that the bags fit in perfectly. So yes I use to much nutriment and am still figuring that out. R&D as it's called but, we all figure it out sooner or later. Thanks for listening, I'm interested DWC but I'll just hand water for awhile.

sportyridr

sportyridr

The thing about a newbie is just research, I started in 3 gal bags cause I didn't know better, plus I found "plant stands" 12" size that the bags fit in perfectly. So yes I use to much nutriment and am still figuring that out. R&D as it's called but, we all figure it out sooner or later. Thanks for listening, I'm interested DWC but I'll just hand water for awhile.
I know right...the R & D never ends. I started out in soil in a big 3 something sized pot and proceeded to do everything wrong. Got the overwatering fixed, next was over feeding cause I was reading what everyone else was doing and attempting to do that with my grow. Was a vicious cycle there for a while until I slowed things down and took the time to figure it out. Took a minute lol...

sportyridr

sportyridr

So I took a lil trip to the hydro store yesterday as I had more questions. I did figure a few things out.

I almost walked out with a used 3 pot setup but in the end they were missing 2 of the autovalves. I'll just say that the price was right but it didn't work out. The issue that really changed was they told me a bunch crap or maybe they just don't know.

They will not be getting my biz, I tried to keep it local. Basically they want to sell me 4 single pot setup (only 1 res.) with all new/but older autovalves & small lines. He told me they can't just order me the 4 pot kit. That's where I was done trying to keep it local.

So I'll order as soon as I get back from that big online box store and get what I want.

I was however able to take one of my fab 2gal bags with me to check sizing. It fit's, it's a snug fit but not jammed in there. Took a cpl shots. After doing more reading last night I found more info on guys using the fab pots with excellent results.

20210805 135038

20210805 135044

This was one of the used autopot bases with my 2gal. You can see where the water line will be.

Badcableman

Badcableman

I've got strips & drops because I use cheaper meters that I don't trust 1/2 the time lol...keeps me on my toes

100 ppm is pretty damn good for tap...I'm 275 - 325 so I gave up on that for using any type of synthetics

What about a tea with calcium, ep salt, worm castings to see if there is any perk? Is it possible that amendments are depleted and all she's getting is mostly from the tap & what little was in there is done?
That big pot & soil like that...going to be hard pressed but it's always worth a try...I'd drill oodles and oodles of holes so after you do water it can dry out and get a proper wet/dry cycle which is very important for a soil grow.

Honestly that's all I got, sorry. Still a newb and always will b

Honestly that's all I got, sorry. Still a newb and always will be 🙂
I appreciate the suggestions. This morning I top dressed with 1/2" of organic worm castings per instructions. I put some on my heirloom tomatoes also, as they're just as stressed out from the heat & humidity issues. Last week was better WX up here, but we're headed back for some unseasonably warm temps and RH again. :/

That being said, I use the same bucket geometry as my tomatoes. Standard 5 gallon pail with (6) 1" holes in the bottom. That's nearly 5 sq in of drainage, and it has never previously been an issue.

Something in the back of my mind tells me that sooner or later, she's going to bolt and outgrow the cage. She's still a month behind due to my own indecisiveness. Lesson learned.

I'm also keeping my options open as to also top dressing with some more Jobe's; however, I don't want to change multiple things at once, since I'd never know what worked. I'd like to see the worm casting results first.

sportyridr

sportyridr

I appreciate the suggestions. This morning I top dressed with 1/2" of organic worm castings per instructions. I put some on my heirloom tomatoes also, as they're just as stressed out from the heat & humidity issues. Last week was better WX up here, but we're headed back for some unseasonably warm temps and RH again. :/

That being said, I use the same bucket geometry as my tomatoes. Standard 5 gallon pail with (6) 1" holes in the bottom. That's nearly 5 sq in of drainage, and it has never previously been an issue.

Something in the back of my mind tells me that sooner or later, she's going to bolt and outgrow the cage. She's still a month behind due to my own indecisiveness. Lesson learned.

I'm also keeping my options open as to also top dressing with some more Jobe's; however, I don't want to change multiple things at once, since I'd never know what worked. I'd like to see the worm casting results first.

It's what I would try was all, when I mentioned calcium I meant to say kelp in my previous post. My thinking was using all three covers the npk bases all round...As you know I only grow in smaller pots but my max worm castings would be about 2tbs heaping per gallon scratched in. Hoping you didn't take the 1/2 inch WC all round from my suggestions. The again maybe someone knows a better way to use it.

Growing/comparing tomatoes to weed is mostly a no no but that's just info from past research. I don't have skill yet to use different ferts to acheive what made for weed nutes offers, someday I'll get it if I stay with Hydro style growing.

Hoping she blows up and wants to grow through the roof vent man.

What a beautiful setup, I aspire to have something like that. Very nice.

Badcableman

Badcableman

It's what I would try was all, when I mentioned calcium I meant to say kelp in my previous post. My thinking was using all three covers the npk bases all round...As you know I only grow in smaller pots but my max worm castings would be about 2tbs heaping per gallon scratched in. Hoping you didn't take the 1/2 inch WC all round from my suggestions. The again maybe someone knows a better way to use it.

Growing/comparing tomatoes to weed is mostly a no no but that's just info from past research. I don't have skill yet to use different ferts to acheive what made for weed nutes offers, someday I'll get it if I stay with Hydro style growing.

No, I used the organic WC per their instructions... 1/4" to 1/2" top dressed all around plant and LIGHTLY watered. That's it. It only has 0.5% N, of which 0.05% is H2O soluble, 0.45% H2O insoluble. I can always step up to blood meal for more N (veg only) and jump to bone meal for P (flower only). At this point, I'm going to sit on my hands and do nothing for the interim aside from watch and make notes for next grow.

Badcableman

Badcableman

Thank you. It's small, but simple. It works for me.

Interesting comment about tomato vs cannabis. I've always heard and believed they were more similar than different, but WTF do I know?? 🤷🤷

sportyridr

sportyridr

Thank you. It's small, but simple. It works for me.

Interesting comment about tomato vs cannabis. I've always heard and believed they were more similar than different, but WTF do I know?? 🤷🤷

Well they are 🙂 except the npk ratios which I don't have the experience with yet as I use Megacrop v3 1part. As I learn more I will be moving to the Megacrop 2 part or switching to the Jack's 2 part Recipe which was recently posted. I should have been more clear, sorry.

I can grow some pretty nice weed but my tomatoes suck but that's cause I they get zero attention compared to the canna. I have used some DIY fishshit and also added some kelp & epsom salts. Even did a couple foliars so really I have given them a bit more attention this year. They are ok tho just not beauties. Honestly for all we eat anymore should grab a few as needed from the farmer stand.

I better stick to giving any info to what little I know 🙃🙂. Doesn't leave room for much else except telling lies and making it up as I go along 😂🤣

Badcableman

Badcableman

No worries! I'm certainly willing to listen & learn. That's the whole point! I'm enjoying the conversation as well as the whole growing experience. I appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge and experience.

sportyridr

sportyridr

No worries! I'm certainly willing to listen & learn. That's the whole point! I'm enjoying the conversation as well as the whole growing experience. I appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge and experience.

For sure...alot of info has passed thru my small mind the last cpl years all the reading I do...if only my retention was higher eh! Im the guy listening in the back where I should be.

I enjoy telling what I know but my curve is short. Feel free to jump in as you have.👍

sportyridr

sportyridr

Snapped a cpl b4 night night 🌙. Prior week was bloom, this week massive, very light dose. I think they're going to start packing it on. Just hope they survive my bil.

Here is the Bubba Kush, smaller so far for a BK.

20210806 192009

20210806 191858

GelatOG is winning the pretty 😍 contest so far.

20210806 191850
20210806 191828

20210806 191823

Stay cool! 😎

sportyridr

sportyridr

I wanted to check visually so I put them side by side...last Fri 30th to this Fri 6th...I've not seen growth like that in any previous plants. Fun times ahead...

Gog collage

sportyridr

sportyridr

We skipped the pork & beef & opted for some beer can chicken 🐔 yesterday on the Akorn. Should make it more often as good as.it is. Was a tasty meal with the sides.😋

Had to get my spare spice rack out 😅

20210808 100034

Got her ready with rub & wrapped til later.

20210808 103639

Got her just drunk 🥴 enough to get the job done, as you can she was starting to need to lean against things 🤣😂

FB IMG 1628506698241

And the spread was tasty!

20210808 174943

Hope you ate good in your neighborhood on the weekend.

20210808 174935
Marzcanna

Marzcanna

We skipped the pork & beef & opted for some beer can chicken 🐔 yesterday on the Akorn. Should make it more often as good as.it is. Was a tasty meal with the sides.😋

Had to get my spare spice rack out 😅

View attachment 1155364

Got her ready with rub & wrapped til later.

View attachment 1155363

Got her just drunk 🥴 enough to get the job done, as you can she was starting to need to lean against things 🤣😂

View attachment 1155365

And the spread was tasty!

View attachment 1155361

Hope you ate good in your neighborhood on the weekend.
That looks gooood

Top Bottom