Caygeon Holler Ka nuh buhs w/ Sporty

• Thread starter sportyridr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

Seedsman Big Nug Fast is doing just that, growing fast. I really like the way she's stackin at 2.5 weeks in flower.

20211013 192305

20211013 192346

20211013 192457

20211013 192319

sportyridr

sportyridr

lOOKING LOVELY

Thanks, I realized after posting that plants look wilty, took those pics about 1/2 hour before lights out. Looking a lill tired....I'm only pushing about 43K to 45K Lux @ 20" and have been increasing a little every day.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Thanks, I realized after posting that plants look wilty, took those pics about 1/2 hour before lights out. Looking a lill tired....I'm only pushing about 43K to 45K Lux @ 20" and have been increasing a little every day.
Sounds like smooth sailing. So are you enjoying the autopots?

sportyridr

sportyridr

Sounds like smooth sailing. So are you enjoying the autopots?

It has been pretty smooth really, only issue was me pushing things so go figure eh! The NOT dealing with runoff makes me happy lol.

To answer your question, yes I am diggin these autopots, not hard to do with the setup. Plants probably like it cause I'm not fcking with them all the time haha.

You were sold on em long b4 me, I'm sold on the aquavalve for sure...I even bought a couple old blue ones cheap on ebay. Have one flowering my Fat Banana clone in a 9 x 13 cooking pan 😂 👍. Have the other ready to go for whenever :)

How bout you?...

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

It has been pretty smooth really, only issue was me pushing things so go figure eh! The NOT dealing with runoff makes me happy lol.

To answer your question, yes I am diggin these autopots, not hard to do with the setup. Plants probably like it cause I'm not fcking with them all the time haha.

You were sold on em long b4 me, I'm sold on the aquavalve for sure...I even bought a couple old blue ones cheap on ebay. Have one flowering my Fat Banana clone in a 9 x 13 cooking pan 😂 👍. Have the other ready to go for whenever :)

How bout you?...
Yea the autopots are great, I love the laid back growing style but still getting impresive growth, it's a win win for my lazy ass. I also fuck with them very little.

I keep track of their weeks and usually do training or defol on certain weeks, other wise I'm justing walking in to change the res once a week and just checking up on the plants and than I'm out for the week again lol

sportyridr

sportyridr

Yea the autopots are great, I love the laid back growing style but still getting impresive growth, it's a win win for my lazy ass. I also fuck with them very little.

I keep track of their weeks and usually do training or defol on certain weeks, other wise I'm justing walking in to change the res once a week and just checking up on the plants and than I'm out for the week again lol

I am a lil more hands on I suppose being my first go around with them, hard not to be when they are about 20 feet away up the stairs, I used to have to pull 1/2 the plants out to feed everyday, not missing that. I do check pH & ec numbers and give the res a stir every day as well as check water levels in each pot res as a valve check...I'm sure that will subside over time.

The cut down tomato cages make the lst a breeze, still not sure I need the second ring at top but leaving for now. I want to see the general size for these and will adjust for that as I move forward. I have them zip tied to the pot handles so if I want to move or do anything I just grab the cage and the plant comes right with it if I want to do any work to them...I so want a 3' x 5' tent, I'll get one just later than sooner lol

sportyridr

sportyridr

Another week, we're at F14 or so...going with the average kinda lol.

Jack's 321
The change to Jack's was flawless and no one has even skipped a beat. Making the "recipe" @ 68% gives me a 1.0ec and I have to pH up to 5.8/5.9. pH seems ok going to 6.1 in 5 days from last change.

FYI, I'm running the "recipe" without the fancy mono silicic acid and just using standard cheap Silica Blast. I bought a pound of diy powdered silica some time back so unless I have to change I would like to use this up...I have enough for another 3 liters yet.

I have freed the girls of their cages as I felt their use was done. The bottom rung/ hoop is the cats ass for lst but it seemed from here on out that the cages would just always be in the way so they're out for now. The branches are now trained so don't see any issues.

Some pics for 👀

Screenshot 20211018 163438 Wyze

20211017 120005

Forbidden Fruit

20211017 115829
20211017 115818

White Widow

20211017 115810
20211017 115756

Ghost Train Haze

20211017 115745
20211017 115735

Big Nug Fast

20211017 115717
20211017 115711

20211017 115647

20211017 115914

I have been having a fucked of a time germinating seeds. Never have I had this bullshit. I won't go into it now as I don't want jinx what may about ready to pop but it's been a go round.

Questions, comments, ideas 💡 feel free lol 😆

sportyridr

sportyridr

No germination post but...what's going on here? Phosphorous/Cal issue? I say phosphorous because it has that reddish/orange rusty color. Anyone? I noticed it on the weekend.

I thought it was tip burn at first but only running 1.0ec so it's gotta be something else. I even turned light down a few K to be sure.

Thinking valve is/was leaking just a touch (that's all it takes). Pulled it out this morning and had some megacrop gunk that on the inside valve silicone stop...hoping it comes around asap...I refilled tray, closed the valve to that pot for today and will address tomorrow after giving a bit of a dry cycle.

20211019 104706
20211019 104644
20211019 103748
20211019 104632

Hoping that's the end of it...we'll see. Hope I don't have to flush. I suppose I should check each trays valve...

As the old saying goes "prior maintenence prevents piss poor performance" 😉😂

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

No germination post but...what's going on here? Phosphorous/Cal issue? I say phosphorous because it has that reddish/orange rusty color. Anyone? I noticed it on the weekend.

I thought it was tip burn at first but only running 1.0ec so it's gotta be something else. I even turned light down a few K to be sure.

Thinking valve is/was leaking just a touch (that's all it takes). Pulled it out this morning and had some megacrop gunk that on the inside valve silicone stop...hoping it comes around asap...I refilled tray, closed the valve to that pot for today and will address tomorrow after giving a bit of a dry cycle.

View attachment 1180300View attachment 1180301View attachment 1180302View attachment 1180303

Hoping that's the end of it...we'll see. Hope I don't have to flush. I suppose I should check each trays valve...

As the old saying goes "prior maintenence prevents piss poor performance" 😉😂
It looks like burn but as you mention at that EC it's most unlikely, could be Phosphorous, wouldn't hurt to give them a dosage of cal mag aswel lol

Last edited:
sportyridr

sportyridr

It looks like burn but as you mention at that EC it's most unlikely, could be Phosphorous, wouldn't hurt to give them a dosage of cal mag aswel lol
That calmag thing is what I normally do but I've switched to Jack's 321 so I need to figure out if I should bump cal nitrate & epsom. Gonna chill n see 😰😰 lol

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

That calmag thing is what I normally do but I've switched to Jack's 321 so I need to figure out if I should bump cal nitrate & epsom. Gonna chill n see 😰😰 lol
If you can i would turn the tank off / remove the pot off the tray and let it dry for a day or 2 before applying anything. Doesn't hurt to give them a dry cycle since they hardly get to that point in autopots. Not sure if it helps with anything but that's what I've done for the plants that needed abit more attention. Well my theory is that we all know there's such a thing as over watering and sometimes they get patches and yellow out abit because of it, along with other issues, it's true autopots work differently and it's also true that you in coco with perlite but giving them a dry cycle while they showing some signs of deficiency can only benefit them in my opinion. I remove any plant showing any deficiency from the trays let them dry out abit (I'm in organic) so not too dry, than I apply whatever I need too and than back into the tray she goes

Last edited:
sportyridr

sportyridr

If you can i would turn the tank off / remove the pot off the tray and let it dry for a day or 2 before applying anything. Doesn't hurt to give them a dry cycle since they hardly get to that point in autopots. Not sure if it helps with anything but that's what I've done for the plants that needed abit more attention. Well my theory is that we all know there's such a thing as over watering and sometimes they get patches and yellow out abit because of it, along with other issues, it's true autopots work differently and it's also true that you in coco with perlite but giving them a dry cycle while they showing some signs of deficiency can only benefit them in my opinion. I remove any plant showing any deficiency from the trays let them dry out abit (I'm in organic) so not too dry, than I apply whatever I need too and than back into the tray she goes

I turned the valve off to that pot (each pot has their own valve) yesterday so she had just about a 24hr no feed/dry out period, haven't added anything to her yet. Turned feed back on this am. Can't say she looks any better really. It was the only plant with this issue, I'm wondering if its because of her two toned leaves that she is really light sensitive?...must be...also keeping a watch on the Big Nug plant (front left) as its pretty limey green under lights...overthinking this probably, trying to be on top of situation as the last thing I want is a fucked up plant for most of the grow...

I've been thru worse issues I suppose...this is the time when I wish some of the guys who know their stuff would pop in and say "you need to fix this and here's how" lol. Hey, a guy can wish right. Thanks for your reply.

I also want to clarify, I'm not nuts, when I mentioned phosphorous as an issue a post or so back I meant Potassium. 🤔 🤪

sportyridr

sportyridr

I now have my Autopot's setup so I can do str8 nutes as well as do bloom, lower or raise nutes or pH etc. whatever the need really.

Can switch any pot when needed. Thought this was wise to have it setup this way for my mostly sort of perpetual grow.

20211026 1501022

20211026 145754
20211026 150118

Top Bottom