Caygeon Holler Ka nuh buhs w/ Sporty

• Thread starter sportyridr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

So….been hanging out round here for a good while now, figure I’ll give a journal a go. Here we go…...

A year ago last August I said to myself “self, you need to just grow your own” lol. I wanted plants like my buddy back home grows.

Caygeon holler ka nuh buhs w sporty

I have used the Herb since my teen years on and off (born the year the Beatles came to America), never grew anything or wanted to. Just a $20 here, a $50 there etc, until I had time on my hands & my bright idea of growing a “plant” took over my brain.

So the research started (it never ends I now know), I was looking up info, joined some forums and started reading the basics to get started. Get this...I was gonna do all this with as few dollars as possible. It started that way with a $13.00 box from Uhaul, a couple lil fans $10 and some utility lights $20 from the hardware store + some dollar tree leds. Don’t forget the Miracle Grow lol. I’m broke but we’re gonna grow some smoke.

Caygeon holler ka nuh buhs w sporty 2
Caygeon holler ka nuh buhs w sporty 3
Caygeon holler ka nuh buhs w sporty 4

In the beginning it was good with some hand me down seeds from my buddy & Miracle Grow of course but they were not viable seeds and ended up with a Herm in the first try. I told my buddy about it, he said “oh crap, I gave you the wrong seeds. (Why he was keeping them idk) Ok then, no worries but now I need something to grow and some decent seeds.

Bought a Gelato Auto which was my first foray into buying seeds online about a year ago now. Get this, I had no idea seeds were bought and sold as they are nowadays. First real grow was going well but then flowering came and there was plant trouble plus I got a better light and promptly burnt the damn thing. Babied her all the way to the end and got 2 ounces.

Caygeon holler ka nuh buhs w sporty 5

Caygeon holler ka nuh buhs w sporty 6

Caygeon holler ka nuh buhs w sporty 7

I have grown a bunch of different strains over the last year, latest was Super Critical CBD, Bubba Kush & Acapulco Gold witch yielded 12 ounces + trim this fall.. Fought hard all summer in the humidity & heat and was able to get some decent smoke. Plants got too big for me tho.

Caygeon holler ka nuh buhs w sporty 8

Caygeon holler ka nuh buhs w sporty 9

Caygeon holler ka nuh buhs w sporty 10

Caygeon holler ka nuh buhs w sporty 11

Caygeon holler ka nuh buhs w sporty 12

For now I am growing several plants at a time, my reasoning is because I want more than one or two strains on hand for whatever I’m feeling like smoking on any given day. Just not into having one huge plant and having to smoke that for months, I want variety so I’m running a bunch in 1gal pots for right now.

Current Grow Setup

32” x 32” x 63” tent w/exhaust & filter
ProMix Organic with amendments
KIngbrite 240w Samsung Quantum LED board
Dommia 85w LED
Megacrop 1 Part + amendments

In the tent I am currently growing:

2 Trainwreck Autos (1 going to dark tonite pre harvest)
1 Missy’s Stash & 1 Celestial Dragon from Dragonsflame Genetics
1 Fat Banana from RQS
1Gelat OG from Seedsman
1 Ice Cool CBD from Garden of Green
1 Cherry Wine CBD from Greenpoint

Caygeon holler ka nuh buhs w sporty 13

Veg Cabinet under 2 LHCER 100w (50w draw) Full Spectrum COB LED Grow Lights

1 Marigold from seed lol (spider mites hate the smell, maybe i read that somewhere)
1 GG#4 x GDP Reg
1 Blue Dream Reg
Both are Strainly seed purchases

Caygeon holler ka nuh buhs w sporty 14

Starter Closet under 2 Ecru 27w draw starter/veg lights (not pictured)

1 Columbian Jack from Kannabia & 1 Blue God Reg from Mark/Strainly are 3 days above soil.

Messing with some cuttings & clones as well. Hoping to make a few crosses for myself over time.

I do Edibles as well.

Caramels 25mg

Gummies

Tincture

thanks for lookin

MORE LATER...

Starter closet
sportyridr

sportyridr

Not sure what happened to that starter closet pic...I took it out but it still posted lol...looks much better now after a revamp :)

I mentioned in the opening thread I had a Trainwreck Auto that was going dark for 36hrs or so and then chop. After 72 days flowering she's ready. Chopped and hung in my dry box. I have this box connected to my Veg Closet and extract air with a small 80mm PC fan slowly, this is my second time using this method, last time I went 8 days before jarring. I will go in after a cpl days and do the trim work when things are not so wet.

Trainwreck Auto F72

Winter time drying in the north...will be a balance trying to keep levels where I want with the Humidifier

004a

I took this shot to show how I have things connected via 4" Ducting from Dry Box (80mm pc fan) to Veg Cabinet (4" Duct Fan) to Flower Tent (6" x 18" Vivisun Filter & Duct Fan) where the air gets scrubbed and returned.

Sorry about my phone pics, sometimes they are excellent but mostly meh...working on that

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm jealous, Carmel type Edibles are my favorite, and those look great! Sadly I don't know how to make anything but cookies and brownies LOL

sportyridr

sportyridr

I'm jealous, Carmel type Edibles are my favorite, and those look great! Sadly I don't know how to make anything but cookies and brownies LOL

I hear you about the cookies, stoner cookies my wife calls em. (she doesn't partake) Those caramels are good but I don't think I got to the correct temperature as I have to keep them in the freezer to keep portions reasonably correct. Hinted about proper candy thermometer from Santa lol.

Also, there are so many recipes...it's like choosing a new strain to buy...pick one lol

Thinking about a loaf of Banana bread, I have a 1/2 cup of oil I infused last week from an ounce of abv and I can smell the ripe bananas on the counter..

Billymgb

Billymgb

Wow I love it, A little more than a year ago you were just thinking about this. And now bang look at you grow lol. The set up you got is just awesome. I love using what you got on hand to do any project. Last spring my wife came to me and said I really hate paying for weed, do you think we could grow some. I have a big garden every year so I said yuppp. I don't smoke any longer but she does and 2 of my adult sons do. I put 2 seeds in the ground and just watered and every 14 days hit them with Miracle grow and got 20 oz's in oct. So now I'm hooked I love grow this incredible plant. Good luck with all your grows brother.
Bill G

100 2311
sportyridr

sportyridr

Wow I love it, A little more than a year ago you were just thinking about this. And now bang look at you grow lol. The set up you got is just awesome. I love using what you got on hand to do any project. Last spring my wife came to me and said I really hate paying for weed, do you think we could grow some. I have a big garden every year so I said yuppp. I don't smoke any longer but she does and 2 of my adult sons do. I put 2 seeds in the ground and just watered and every 14 days hit them with Miracle grow and got 20 oz's in oct. So now I'm hooked I love grow this incredible plant. Good luck with all your grows brother.
Bill G

Thanks for your kind words @Billymgb. Your outdoor grow definately looks like the winner it was :) Know what you mean about the family as my adult kid stops by on the regular to keep his stock fresh lol.
I did a bit of an outdoor grow (gorilla grow) but also being my first it wasn't so hot, I didn't lose any plants but they were subpar. I got started late, choose poor location + it was so dry it was more trouble than it was worth.
Best to you as well. 😀

sportyridr

sportyridr

Ka nuh buhs TV this morning. Checking in after lights on to see if all is good. I'll be with you ladies in a bit, lil more coffee first.

Mrning

sportyridr

sportyridr

Looks like we're going to need to rethink drying as I was only 3 days and I had to pull the Trainwreck out of the dry box. Got it trimmed up and jarred and just in time as you can see. Sure happy I caught it in good time. There won't be much burping to do. Ah the joys of winter 🥶⛄

Tw1

I managed 48 grams + some trim...haha...I forgot to zero out the scale, the plate is 11 grams.

Tw weight

Tw2

I am going to have to rethink my drying setup. First thing is to use a speed controlled extraction fan. From now on I'll be using a 4" AC Infinity with speed control to slow things down. I tried a reg. pc type fan with my fan speed controller but made no difference in speeding up/slowing things so I have some more control.

Also adding one of those personal travel humidifiers inside and run that to help slow things down. Honestly I am not going to get too worked up about it but I do need to improve in this area even though I only Vape and do Edibles now. Still needs to be quality smoke tho.

It won't be long to wait until I try again, as I have two more plants soon to finish within the week or next. Hurry up n wait. 😁

sportyridr

sportyridr

Gotta Eat...Sunday Dinner is French Dip & fresh Kaiser Rolls....Yep I'm the Head Chef and Head Grower lol. That's how you get to eat what you like all the time. In all honesty neither of my wives could/can cook worth a damn lol. Along with that goes the task of "what the &%$@ to have for dinner, everyday"...just gets old sometimes...thank goodness for the web and finding new recips.

Fr dip

sportyridr

sportyridr

The Grow Tent Shuffle (below)

lst continues...really hoping I'm very near or at the end of this fungus gnat deal...had enough

T01

GG#4 x GDP

T02

Blue Dream lookin rough lol
T03

So I was rearranging plants around and the musician in me kicked in lol...here it is

The Grow Tent Shuffle A D E

Chorus
we're doin the grow tent shuffle, the grow tent shuffle

we're all bein patient waitin for the ground up truffle

verse 1
movin' a lady to the front, movin a lady to the back
don't ya cut those ladies any slack

chorus

verse 2
movin' this Miss to the left, movin' that gal to the right
gettin em just right under the light

chorus

verse 3
the lights are too high, the lights are too low
movin n groovin to the shadowy cola glow

chorus

thank ya, thank ya very much

T04

SSgrower

SSgrower

Gotta Eat...Sunday Dinner is French Dip & fresh Kaiser Rolls....Yep I'm the Head Chef and Head Grower lol. That's how you get to eat what you like all the time. In all honesty neither of my wives could/can cook worth a damn lol. Along with that goes the task of "what the &%$@ to have for dinner, everyday"...just gets old sometimes...thank goodness for the web and finding new recips.

View attachment 1067098
I enjoy BBQ TN/TX style, cooking keeps you aware you are Animal. Living in the coastal bend I grill Redfish as well. Good looking grow & French dip, baking bread is an art in itself.

20181110 163715
Billymgb

Billymgb

Dude first off your song LOVE IT. I was eating while I was reading your post and I almost choked. But all is good now lol. Anyways those plants look great. What are the plants closest to us.

sportyridr

sportyridr

I enjoy BBQ TN/TX style, cooking keeps you aware you are Animal. Living in the coastal bend I grill Redfish as well. Good looking grow & French dip, baking bread is an art in itself.

Thanks for stoppin by SSgrower. That sure is a nice looking butt 😀 & smoker. I do my fair share on the smoker as well. I am smoked & grilled out for the season. We'll get things fired up again in the spring. By the time late fall rolls in I need a BBQ/Grill break, makes it even more mouthwatering in anticipation after it's been a few months.

Eatin good in the neighborhood....

sportyridr

sportyridr

Dude first off your song LOVE IT. I was eating while I was reading your post and I almost choked. But all is good now lol. Anyways those plants look great. What are the plants closest to us.

Haha...song kinda just popped into head when I said I was going to move stuff around in the tent and do the Grow Tent Shuffle lol. Glad your ok & didn't need the heimlich maneuver 😅

If you mean the plant dead center at front that is a Celestial Dragon from DragonsFlame Genetics. It is supposed to be heavy to the narcotic side. These seeds were my freebie when I purchased the Missy's Stash seeds from DFG She is the plant right beside the one you asked about. That smoke is sposed to be happy smoke, like do yoga, go hiking etc. lol

I posted a couple lower bud pics of the Celestial Dragon the other day in this post https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/caygeon-holler-ka-nuh-buhs-w-sporty.122145/post-2542387

Thanks for stopping by!

Edit: spelling :)

sportyridr

sportyridr

Missy's Stash came outta the dark, got chopped and went to Dry Box this morning. Not growing huge yields here with this method but I get to try alot of smoke. Maybe eventually narrow it down to a handful or so and keep Mom's so that we're mostly growing clones. Here are a couple pics...she's a bit frosty up close.

Shame those two liltle nugs happened to fall off (lmao). We will have to sample asap I guess.

Also, don't mind my burnt up fans...I'm still making boatloads of mistakes along the way.

Ms1

Ms2

Ms3

Billymgb

Billymgb

Hey sporty where are you at. Because we got dumped on too!!! I am in northwest R.I . Don't have pics right now but I just came in from snow blowing, But my little ladys in the grow room are loving life. Just started giving them silica yesterday and they are standing at attention this morning, My camera's battery's died yesterday I will have pics later. I have some Blue berry sherbet auto's hope they keep going as good as they are now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom