• Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

Found the cars...
Snow2020 2

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So the Wuhan wasn't enough, we get to have a nasty snow storm to help close this crappy year...this is a bit more than the 8" to 12"...ugh

View attachment 1068403

Our cars are out there somewhere lol

View attachment 1068404

All shoveled & plowed now :)
I checked it out my snowblower actually had a 12" scoop not 10" and it was a couple inches over that so yeah it was 14" since about 10 p.m. last night to 6 a.m. this morning 🤦‍♂️and I got about another three or four" of powder out there now that I'm going to go push around with a shovel when I get drunk enough LOL just kidding I don't drink but maybe I should start? couple more blizzards like this & I'll consider it

sportyridr

sportyridr

Hey sporty where are you at. Because we got dumped on too!!! I am in northwest R.I . Don't have pics right now but I just came in from snow blowing, But my little ladys in the grow room are loving life. Just started giving them silica yesterday and they are standing at attention this morning, My camera's battery's died yesterday I will have pics later. I have some Blue berry sherbet auto's hope they keep going as good as they are now.

Snowy greetings Billy...I'm a good ways west of you, Northern PA at the NY state line smack dab in the middle if ya split the state in 1/2 vertically lol.

Lady plants loving life is our main goal for sure. I just bought some silica as well to try. I think I have made it through the fungus gnat issue. I have been throwing neem & mosquito dunks + good wet/dry cycles at them for some time, think I got em. Still not positive if they came from the most recent bag of Pro-mix Organic (bought 2 bags at end of season) or I dragged them in from a couple plants I was growing outside but moved to shed when the cold came. Either way they are a pain and just slow everything to a snails pace.

I need to get a post together listing my soil, amendments, nutes etc. and get some input from the experienced folks. I feel that I am just throwing way too much stuff at them. So easy to get caught up in the nutrient hype, guess I need to learn some caution there as well. Ya I think I need some help.

@Billymgb if your inside plants are anything like your outside ladies, I'd say your in really good shape. Thumbs up!

sportyridr

sportyridr

I checked it out my snowblower actually had a 12" scoop not 10" and it was a couple inches over that so yeah it was 14" since about 10 p.m. last night to 6 a.m. this morning 🤦‍♂️and I got about another three or four" of powder out there now that I'm going to go push around with a shovel when I get drunk enough LOL just kidding I don't drink but maybe I should start? couple more blizzards like this & I'll consider it

Either way Beach, it's more snow than needed or wanted. Send that stuff to the mountains to keep the skiers etc happy. I don't drink anymore since my body basically said quit or die a cpl years back. Apparently a 1.75 liter of Vodka every 2 1/2 to 3 days is not so good for you. Gave up the cigs too. Just the Devil's Lettuce and it's counterparts now :)

At least I don't have to worry about the heart as much since I'm not inhaling 40 cigs a day. My back will prob let me know how it felt about the shoveling later lol...Ice pack ready :)

Thank goodness it's not wet snow...I think I would just wait til warm weather then lol.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Either way Beach, it's more snow than needed or wanted. Send that stuff to the mountains to keep the skiers etc happy. I don't drink anymore since my body basically said quit or die a cpl years back. Apparently a 1.75 liter of Vodka every 2 1/2 to 3 days is not so good for you. Gave up the cigs too. Just the Devil's Lettuce and it's counterparts now :)

At least I don't have to worry about the heart as much since I'm not inhaling 40 cigs a day. My back will prob let me know how it felt about the shoveling later lol...Ice pack ready :)

Thank goodness it's not wet snow...I think I would just wait til warm weather then lol.
Yeah thank God it's powder, this would have been about a snowball too much if this was the heavyweight stuff!!!⛄

Definitely going to be a white Christmas though, if nothing else there's that🎄

sportyridr

sportyridr

Yeah thank God it's powder, this would have been about a snowball too much if this was the heavyweight stuff!!!⛄

Definitely going to be a white Christmas though, if nothing else there's that🎄

Just a snowball too much lol...you're right, there is that for the White Christmas lovers 👍

sportyridr

sportyridr

We're Cookin' Now

Well, not that we weren't before but it looks to have gotten a bit easier. Still a fair bit of hands on though I suppose. Helped my BIL out quite a few times this year so he stopped by to say thanks. Insisted I open it right away. I have been looking at these on & off but have not pulled the trigger. Now I don't have to.

I have about 20gr of trim hanging around so I'll to start out with that. Do 1/2c of butter and a 1/2c of coco oil each to test them. Then I should need some tincture again by then.

Infuzium420 Package

sportyridr

sportyridr

Out n about

today picking up a facebook marketplace item. Patience paid off in the end waiting til we found used instead of new.

On the way back we stopped in at this new vape/cig/everything store. Couldn't help my self. This one caught my eye. There was many that caught my eye but the $$$ did not.

I've been wanting a decent lil water pipe, I dig my PAX but sometimes when ya want to be blazed ya gotta break out the correct tools 😀
New pipe

Pax n pipe

Last edited:
sportyridr

sportyridr

The Ladies have arrived 💃💃

Been watching these two close last few days, honestly a few days ago I was sure I had a couple males. Sent these two to flower on the 16th so 10 days and showing works for me. Usually 14 to 16 days.

Gorilla Glue #4 x Grand Daddy Purple in rear, Blue Dream up front

Gg4 bdrm

Blue Dream showing

Bdrm

GG#4 x GDP showing

Gg4gdp

Since starting these seeds, both were Regulars....this is now the second time I've gotten lucky with 2 reg seeds and getting 2 fems. So to make sure I always have a viable plant the last pair I have started a Reg & a Fem. I'll do that for now. Its kind of gotta be that way until I have some more space. If it turns out to be a Fem great but if not and I can find some space (warmer months outside) I'll keep it long enough to get some pollen.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Here is a little spreadsheet I'm using to help keep up with who, when, what etc. I just realized I need to add a column to show Breeder days from web for comparison. Nothing fancy but quick info for planning.

Also to note: I start counting flowering when Pistils start, Not 12/12 👍

Est fini dates

Fudge

Fudge

So….been hanging out round here for a good while now, figure I’ll give a journal a go. Here we go…...

A year ago last August I said to myself “self, you need to just grow your own” lol. I wanted plants like my buddy back home grows.

View attachment 1064767

I have used the Herb since my teen years on and off (born the year the Beatles came to America), never grew anything or wanted to. Just a $20 here, a $50 there etc, until I had time on my hands & my bright idea of growing a “plant” took over my brain.

So the research started (it never ends I now know), I was looking up info, joined some forums and started reading the basics to get started. Get this...I was gonna do all this with as few dollars as possible. It started that way with a $13.00 box from Uhaul, a couple lil fans $10 and some utility lights $20 from the hardware store + some dollar tree leds. Don’t forget the Miracle Grow lol. I’m broke but we’re gonna grow some smoke.

View attachment 1064768View attachment 1064769View attachment 1064770

In the beginning it was good with some hand me down seeds from my buddy & Miracle Grow of course but they were not viable seeds and ended up with a Herm in the first try. I told my buddy about it, he said “oh crap, I gave you the wrong seeds. (Why he was keeping them idk) Ok then, no worries but now I need something to grow and some decent seeds.

Bought a Gelato Auto which was my first foray into buying seeds online about a year ago now. Get this, I had no idea seeds were bought and sold as they are nowadays. First real grow was going well but then flowering came and there was plant trouble plus I got a better light and promptly burnt the damn thing. Babied her all the way to the end and got 2 ounces.

View attachment 1064772
View attachment 1064773
View attachment 1064774

I have grown a bunch of different strains over the last year, latest was Super Critical CBD, Bubba Kush & Acapulco Gold witch yielded 12 ounces + trim this fall.. Fought hard all summer in the humidity & heat and was able to get some decent smoke. Plants got too big for me tho.

View attachment 1064776
View attachment 1064777
View attachment 1064778
View attachment 1064779
View attachment 1064780

For now I am growing several plants at a time, my reasoning is because I want more than one or two strains on hand for whatever I’m feeling like smoking on any given day. Just not into having one huge plant and having to smoke that for months, I want variety so I’m running a bunch in 1gal pots for right now.

Current Grow Setup

32” x 32” x 63” tent w/exhaust & filter
ProMix Organic with amendments
KIngbrite 240w Samsung Quantum LED board
Dommia 85w LED
Megacrop 1 Part + amendments

In the tent I am currently growing:

2 Trainwreck Autos (1 going to dark tonite pre harvest)
1 Missy’s Stash & 1 Celestial Dragon from Dragonsflame Genetics
1 Fat Banana from RQS
1Gelat OG from Seedsman
1 Ice Cool CBD from Garden of Green
1 Cherry Wine CBD from Greenpoint

View attachment 1064781

Veg Cabinet under 2 LHCER 100w (50w draw) Full Spectrum COB LED Grow Lights

1 Marigold from seed lol (spider mites hate the smell, maybe i read that somewhere)
1 GG#4 x GDP Reg
1 Blue Dream Reg
Both are Strainly seed purchases

View attachment 1064782

Starter Closet under 2 Ecru 27w draw starter/veg lights (not pictured)

1 Columbian Jack from Kannabia & 1 Blue God Reg from Mark/Strainly are 3 days above soil.

Messing with some cuttings & clones as well. Hoping to make a few crosses for myself over time.

I do Edibles as well.

View attachment 1064789
View attachment 1064790
View attachment 1064791

thanks for lookin

MORE LATER...

True stoner engineering, Love the box grow mate totally awesome work, Ill catch up on rest of thread later when i have more time

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

The Ladies have arrived 💃💃

Been watching these two close last few days, honestly a few days ago I was sure I had a couple males. Sent these two to flower on the 16th so 10 days and showing works for me. Usually 14 to 16 days.

Gorilla Glue #4 x Grand Daddy Purple in rear, Blue Dream up front

View attachment 1072103

Blue Dream showing

View attachment 1072102

GG#4 x GDP showing

View attachment 1072104

Since starting these seeds, both were Regulars....this is now the second time I've gotten lucky with 2 reg seeds and getting 2 fems. So to make sure I always have a viable plant the last pair I have started a Reg & a Fem. I'll do that for now. Its kind of gotta be that way until I have some more space. If it turns out to be a Fem great but if not and I can find some space (warmer months outside) I'll keep it long enough to get some pollen.
I'm not sure what these white dots are?
Screenshot 20201227 083451 Photo Editor

It's probably nothing maybe it's a trick of light from the camera? Wanted to mention it just in case

Are you using a humidifier close to the plants or are you dusting or spraying anything

sportyridr

sportyridr

I'm not sure what these white dots are?
View attachment 1072239
It's probably nothing maybe it's a trick of light from the camera? Wanted to mention it just in case

Are you using a humidifier close to the plants or are you dusting or spraying anything

They have had no shortage of Neem but that's been a few weeks now as the Gnats are gone (I hope)...not seen a flyer in about 3 weeks. Humidifier in use in room not in tent.

I got the endoscope out to have a look. Man that thing is a pain lol.

I'll attribute it to the neem for now. We'll keep a close eye next cpl days, thanks for looking. Forgot to take a snap of leaf underside but it's clean.

Leaf

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

They have had no shortage of Neem but that's been a few weeks now as the Gnats are gone (I hope)...not seen a flyer in about 3 weeks. Humidifier in use in room not in tent.

I got the endoscope out to have a look. Man that thing is a pain lol.

I'll attribute it to the neem for now. We'll keep a close eye next cpl days, thanks for looking. Forgot to take a snap of leaf underside but it's clean.

View attachment 1072336
not the biggest fan of the neem oil ... I used it religiously once a week for about six months and the veg plants loved it, I could honestly see a difference might have just been the leaf shine but they really looked like they responded, but if I'm honest I just can't stand the smell of the stuff 🤭

sportyridr

sportyridr

not the biggest fan of the neem oil ... I used it religiously once a week for about six months and the veg plants loved it, I could honestly see a difference might have just been the leaf shine but they really looked like they responded, but if I'm honest I just can't stand the smell of the stuff 🤭

That smell...ya...I think I'm used to megacrop v1 smell so the neem doesn't bother me. That said though, it wasn't until I started the Neem that I finally was able to corral the gnats for this go round. As for regular neem use I'll pass I think.

sportyridr

sportyridr

True stoner engineering, Love the box grow mate totally awesome work, Ill catch up on rest of thread later when i have more time
Thanks for stoppin by @Fudge . All that DIY / cheap is was what I had in mind but soon found out most everything was inefficient/underrated. The constant adjustment/fixin kinda got old. Alot of upgrades have been made but plenty of DIY still lingers lol.

sportyridr

sportyridr

My two in the Veg Cabinet were up potted last night so they will be taking off in the next couple weeks. I run the Cab at night and exhaust the warm air into the Flower tent to help 'off light' temps in there. I only run Cabinet lights on 17/7 as I'm not in a rush for the most part.

Blue God Reg

Bl god upot

Columbian Jack (not ecstatic about the move) This Colombian Jack from Kannabia is supposed to be fine daytime smoke.

Col jack upot

Both up pot

GG#4 x GDP - got a epsom foliar as I noticed some blotching starting while checking out the weird spots @Beachwalker noticed earlier. She's looking ready to make some fat colas :)

Gg4gdp rdy4blm

Top Bottom