Caygeon Holler Ka nuh buhs w/ Sporty

• Thread starter sportyridr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

Runoff system in place...fairly clean diy...should work just fine for this size grow.

20220108 195936
20220108 195818
20220108 195650
20220108 195715
20220108 195744
20220108 192826

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey back at ya @PipeCarver. Hope winter up in the Maritimes is going easy on you.

Funny you say that about the cleanliness, I look at others grows and think mine's a mess lol. I try to keep up with the room a best I can or it just becomes a cluster F**k everytime I need something plus it makes my already small space smaller with "more stuff" lol.

I used to use the small plastic crates like MiMed used under my plants. This latest you see is just what I have come up with after looking at many a grow, then figure what will work. You know the drill, your a master at that stuff too 👍

I'm gonna stop over to your thread and see the "trivet" plant stands...saw alot on my search but couldn't justify 14 bucks a piece for the ones I really wanted.
I googled for a pic and I have this exact one plus a variety of other cheapo's $2.99 - my 30% seniors discount...lol I love my discounts for being old.

I like the big plants too I see a bunch on here grow these little stick plants with quick 2 week veg flip.....??? I like plants like yours I'd need 25 plants growing where 3-4-5 big ones fills my space...

I'm afraid of automation....I'm hands on and sure as fk I'd screw up and kill them all relying on my programing the timers.

Last edited:
sportyridr

sportyridr

New setup Sporty? looks different but I have little experience with DWC but I see it recycles, is it online now? Cheers SS

Hey SS, yes it's a new DTW setup as I had some issues with the Autopots and couldn't trust them so I made the switch to high freq. fertigation. This set up is actually what I was planning to switch to in the fall but got talked out of it and into the Autopots. I know....hindsight is 20/20 lol.

No recycling setup, just a small rez to collect runoff and then will pump out to waste bucket once a day or so.

sportyridr

sportyridr

I googled for a pic and I have this exact one plus a variety of other cheapo's $2.99 - my 30% seniors discount...lol I love my discounts for being old.View attachment 1204682
I like the big plants too I see a bunch on here grow these little stick plants with quick 2 week veg flip.....??? I like plants like yours I'd need 25 plants growing where 3-4-5 big ones fills my space...

I'm afraid of automation....I'm hands on and sure as fk I'd screw up and kill them all relying on my programing the timers.

Hey, those are nice and the price is right....here is the ones I was looking at

Believe or not, this is my first grow with bigger plants as I was always worried about height & lights like everyone else. After several grows now I have figured out this size of plant and four of them are maxing things out without going overboard in my 32" x 32". Slowly finding my way in this hobby, albeit slow hahah 🤣

Watering for 1 1/2 hours everyday, turkey basting runoff gets old after a while and you can't just skip it and catch it later lol. . Between cocoforcannabis & here at the farm setting up automation was a breeze, getting the right amount of runoff takes some work. Of course you wouldn't have to get runoff in soil which makes auto watering even easier for your grow. To each their own I suppose, we all find a way that works for us. That's the beauty of growing this plant.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey, those are nice and the price is right....here is the ones I was looking at

Believe or not, this is my first grow with bigger plants as I was always worried about height & lights like everyone else. After several grows now I have figured out this size of plant and four of them are maxing things out without going overboard in my 32" x 32". Slowly finding my way in this hobby, albeit slow hahah 🤣

Watering for 1 1/2 hours everyday, turkey basting runoff gets old after a while and you can't just skip it and catch it later lol. . Between cocoforcannabis & here at the farm setting up automation was a breeze, getting the right amount of runoff takes some work. Of course you wouldn't have to get runoff in soil which makes auto watering even easier for your grow. To each their own I suppose, we all find a way that works for us. That's the beauty of growing this plant.
Ya....Promix for me I like to learn one thing well before I add any thing and coco is something I've read about here with the multiple daily watering and inevitable learning curve will cost me money, kiil some plants & piss me off before I catch on....Too old now.....its taken me 25 yrs to get this peat mix grow consistently producing nice stuff to want to fk up now... I got one of these at my fav second hand place $1.99 -30%

sportyridr

sportyridr

Ya....Promix for me I like to learn one thing well before I add any thing and coco is something I've read about here with the multiple daily watering and inevitable learning curve will cost me money, kiil some plants & piss me off before I catch on....Too old now.....its taken me 25 yrs to get this peat mix grow consistently producing nice stuff to want to fk up now... I got one of these at my fav second hand place $1.99 -30% View attachment 1204711
Don't go changing a thing if all is going good that's for sure. I'm still finding my way from Soil in 2019 to Promix in 2020/2021 and now Coco in fall of 2021.

Plant risers look great. They'll like the extra airflow.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Don't go changing a thing if all is going good that's for sure. I'm still finding my way from Soil in 2019 to Promix in 2020/2021 and now Coco in fall of 2021.

Plant risers look great. They'll like the extra airflow.
Ya. even going with an led light gave me worries about fking up a good viable plant I know I can get to produce from t5's & hps....but I'm sold big time on led's now....IF........they'll last...I'm not into replacing equipment every couple of years or less....T5 & hps reliable as heck....lets just see how long they'll last..

The first led they sent me failed after 1 month but they sent a quick replacement part. The larger light the s e 3000 worked very well and produced great buds with more bigger harder badder buds than sister hps flowered.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Ya. even going with an led light gave me worries about fking up a good viable plant I know I can get to produce from t5's & hps....but I'm sold big time on led's now....IF........they'll last...I'm not into replacing equipment every couple of years or less....T5 & hps reliable as heck....lets just see how long they'll last..

The first led they sent me failed after 1 month but they sent a quick replacement part. The larger light the s e 3000 worked very well and produced great buds with more bigger harder badder buds than sister hps flowered.

I joined the burn club with my first big 85w led...still have it, cost a whopping 33 bucks lol. Still burnt up my Gelato plant real good 😂 Funny to me now but at the time I was pretty bummed but it was my fault for not doing any research to speak of.

Have had good results (for me) with my Kingbrite 240w 3500k. I use some other no names as well.

sportyridr

sportyridr

F21 Defoliation, I don't think I took too much...giving them a nice 22hr dark period to chill b4 lights come back on.
Reason being is I'm also changing my 12/12 lights on at night to help as I'm not running any heat in tent this winter. There's no room anyways.

20220109 195306

20220109 195253

20220109 195245

20220109 195238

20220109 195232

20220109 195217

20220109 195210

20220109 195205

20220109 195154

20220109 195142

Questions, comments, tips?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I joined the burn club with my first big 85w led...still have it, cost a whopping 33 bucks lol. Still burnt up my Gelato plant real good 😂 Funny to me now but at the time I was pretty bummed but it was my fault for not doing any research to speak of.

Have had good results (for me) with my Kingbrite 240w 3500k. I use some other no names as well.
I'm new to led's but kingbright's name has been spoken well of here..

Longevity is now my key word with these new ( to me) lights. I went through 2 electronic 1000w ballasts in 2 years, I had an old mechanical 1000w ballast last me 10+ years so when the last Eballast blew I bough another new mechanical 1000w for $79 + shipping $102 taxes ,shipping in.. That's what I'm using now.

So if this new stuff lasts I'm all for it..otherwise...meh I'll stick with the old reliable

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
F21 Defoliation, I don't think I took too much...giving them a nice 22hr dark period to chill b4 lights come back on.
Reason being is I'm also changing my 12/12 lights on at night to help as I'm not running any heat in tent this winter. There's no room anyways.

View attachment 1205038

View attachment 1205039

View attachment 1205040

View attachment 1205041

View attachment 1205042

View attachment 1205043

View attachment 1205044

View attachment 1205045

View attachment 1205046

View attachment 1205047

Questions, comments, tips?
Defoliation scares the piss out of me..( I'm old that's easy to do these days) I tried this as well to the point of an underwear change. It exposes lots of buds sites but I fear losing energy and struggling to produce...wtf do I know..I saw Db jump into the defo and well I had to giver a shot...Yours look nice, lots of buds forming ......Its like spring in there..😄😄

sportyridr

sportyridr

Defoliation scares the piss out of me..( I'm old that's easy to do these days) I tried this as well to the point of an underwear change. It exposes lots of buds sites but I fear losing energy and struggling to produce...wtf do I know..I saw Db jump into the defo and well I had to giver a shot...Yours look nice, lots of buds forming ......Its like spring in there..😄😄

Time will tell, we'll see in a few days or so if the rebound will be speedy or I have more learning to do.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Time will tell, we'll see in a few days or so if the rebound will be speedy or I have more learning to do.
I was oh so proud of my purchase of trivets at the second hand store as we talked about getting a 30% discount on an item we looked at on amazon for like $10+ each.....lol ........yesterday afternoon after the gym we went to the Dollarama store and there on the shelf were a dozen or more of these...brand new $2.50......now I'm thinking I got ripped at the second hand store...lol

100 6575
sportyridr

sportyridr

I was oh so proud of my purchase of trivets at the second hand store as we talked about getting a 30% discount on an item we looked at on amazon for like $10+ each.....lol ........yesterday afternoon after the gym we went to the Dollarama store and there on the shelf were a dozen or more of these...brand new $2.50......now I'm thinking I got ripped at the second hand store...lol

always a better deal around the corner it seems 😂

sportyridr

sportyridr

New recruits for mid to late Feb up front n center...all Fems...
GelatOG
Malawi
Bubba Kush
Wedding Cake

20220112 100334

In behind those are clones from all current plants in flower, on left a cpl Durban Cuts and the ole Fat Banana in the corner that I never make room for to flower her on out, she's paid her dues.

20220112 100356

sportyridr

sportyridr

Headbanger/Goji is stackin

20220119 200402

Romulan x The Cube is stacking as well 🌳 I think there's going to be some really huge nuts on this girl.

20220119 200315

Queens of the tent "so far"

OG Cake $1 seed 😜

Romulan x The Cube 10 pack freebie when I bought some str8 Romulan

20220119 195249

Jack's 321 @ 1.8 ec & 5.9 ph
Next week I'll be adding a week or so of Hammerhead Bloom 0-9-18 @ 1.8ml/gal
Lights currently 65-70k lux, 1250ish ppfd, 52-55 dli

I was pushing 75k, 1300+ ppfd, lux 75k with no issues for a couple days but thought it best to back down to 65k and chill there.

Top Bottom