CBD Cream & Cheese issue - MG? overwater? temps? hungry? IDK!

• Thread starter AGeNT1212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AGeNT1212

AGeNT1212

Seedsman CBD Cream & Cheese
Pro-mix/FFOF + Dr Earth Dry amendments (veg/all-p/flower girl)
3gal fabric pot
77/65 temps - 40-60 RH
SF2000 approx 2 ft + away / 24 inches - 60% dimmer
2x4 tent

I cannot figure out if its a PH issue, cold temps/rootzone, overwatering, Mg+P, or too much light... could be all of the above, however I seen on grow diaries this cbd strain seems to have calmag phenos that are more sensitive than average

I have some bag seed plants that turned really dark green, and yellowing between veins, purple stems like the CBD plant, but a fert tea + epsom foilar cured those two, the cbd kind of responded but not like the others. The only feeding the cbd plant got was a fert tea and epsom salts foilar. it was the first time she was fed other than whats in the FFOF (promix 65% / FFOF 35%)

At one point I had a little bit of run off from my bag seed plants and the ph was about 6 ish (liquid test kit) the soil/nutes are the same proportions so I am inclined to think the ph of the CBD is close to similar. I do see some nice green new growth, but my stems are still purple and i can faintly see the discoloration between the veins on the CBD's new leaves.

The fert Tea was about 10 days ago, maybe I just need to give it more time, I know these things dont fix themselves overnight

Pot is getting dry so I need to make a move here. Im not sure what to do, if anything?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks for your time.

Cbd cream  cheese issue   mg overwater temps hungry idk
Cbd cream  cheese issue   mg overwater temps hungry idk 2
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Not an expert here but my guess is they are hungry if you have not fed yet. I have found that bag soil usually last 30 days or even less and you need to start feeding the roots, especially in a 3 gallon pot, not as much nutes in the soil.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Most yellowing up top tends to be a ph prob. Purpling generally indicates a drastic temp change, that will correct itself. What’s the ph that you are watering at?

AGeNT1212

AGeNT1212

Most yellowing up top tends to be a ph prob. Purpling generally indicates a drastic temp change, that will correct itself. What’s the ph that you are watering at?
im using tap water that sits out + aerated for at least 24 hrs, the ph is about 8, again i was able to get run off from the smaller ones and tthe ph was 6 ish.

i used a fert tea + epsom foilar when i seen the discoloration approx 10 days ago, the new growth is much greener, however it faintly has the appearance of Mg deficiency.
the smaller plants reacted very quickly to this and have seem to fix themselves, the CBD not so much

im reluctant to use ph down as ive done it before trying to fix this problem. it builds up in my medium and causes more problems. i would have to use about 12-15 drops per gallon, and im in promix/organic amendments, i was under impression organics and promix provide a ph buffer?

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

im using tap water that sits out + aerated for at least 24 hrs, the ph is about 8, again i was able to get run off from the smaller ones and tthe ph was 6 ish.

i used a fert tea + epsom foilar when i seen the discoloration approx 10 days ago, the new growth is much greener, however it faintly has the appearance of Mg deficiency.
the smaller plants reacted very quickly to this and have seem to fix themselves, the CBD not so much

im reluctant to use ph down as ive done it before trying to fix this problem. it builds up in my medium and causes more problems. i would have to use about 12-15 drops per gallon, and im in promix/organic amendments, i was under impression organics and promix provide a ph buffer?
That is what is said, I too grow like you and there are times that I see a buildup on the outside of the cloth pots, so I know that’s not one hundred percent fail proof. Drop the ph with the new watering and you should see a quick improvement. I use white vinegar to drop my ph, I’m on a spring fed well and my ph hits as high as 8.6 after heavy rains. I split right down the middle at 6.5, and at 5:9 for my clones. This tends to flat stop any lock outs. On the CBD special needs I’m no vet I that area, but I have a friend that is and I will go question him. Let you know what he says.

AGeNT1212

AGeNT1212

That is what is said, I too grow like you and there are times that I see a buildup on the outside of the cloth pots, so I know that’s not one hundred percent fail proof. Drop the ph with the new watering and you should see a quick improvement. I use white vinegar to drop my ph, I’m on a spring fed well and my ph hits as high as 8.6 after heavy rains. I split right down the middle at 6.5, and at 5:9 for my clones. This tends to flat stop any lock outs. On the CBD special needs I’m no vet I that area, but I have a friend that is and I will go question him. Let you know what he says.
wow thanks for the reply and your insight, I greatly appreciate it. I do tend to feel its ph also, i might be watering a bit too much as well, still pretty cold here, it snowed yesterday :/ so night temps are probably a bit on the low side. i always have this purple stem issue. so temp plus a bit high ph, lock out P and MG. the fert tea may have dropped the ph down quicker in the smaller pots, where the 3gal it likely wasnt as concentrated.

I will water with 6.5 ph when shes totally dry. approx how much vinegar do you use to lower 1 gal of water? or whats a good starting point? i know theres some trial and error here on my part, but are we talking drops or tsp with vinegar?

thanks again for your time @CannaGranny much appreciated :)

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

wow thanks for the reply and your insight, I greatly appreciate it. I do tend to feel its ph also, i might be watering a bit too much as well, still pretty cold here, it snowed yesterday :/ so night temps are probably a bit on the low side. i always have this purple stem issue. so temp plus a bit high ph, lock out P and MG. the fert tea may have dropped the ph down quicker in the smaller pots, where the 3gal it likely wasnt as concentrated.

I will water with 6.5 ph when shes totally dry. approx how much vinegar do you use to lower 1 gal of water? or whats a good starting point? i know theres some trial and error here on my part, but are we talking drops or tsp with vinegar?

thanks again for your time @CannaGranny much appreciated :)
My pleasure 🙂 I’d start with a half a teaspoon full. Honestly for me it’s like cooking I have done it so long I just know how much to pour into my eight gallon water tank. Yes, I free pour and shock myself and my grow partner landing most always at 6:5. Shame I’m not that lucky at poker lol. My guess is that I use from half to three fourths of a cup for 8 gallon, I’ll measure it next go and try to give you a better idea. Let you know about that Cbd plant this evening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom