• Start date
  • Tagged users None

Is CBD snake oil of our time?

• Total voters
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Ok farmers, you post here take the poll first.
Opinions on the subject for CBD are needed from farmers that grow THC.
I no there’s lots, so hang it out there for all to see.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Personally, I think it's mainly bogus. The people I know who were suffering and went to it for relief found none.
I also believe it's unkind to dogpile on a dude who is undergoing a life changing, difficult experience e.g., a wife in the hospital.
In both cases, I'm very willing to admit there may be much I don't understand.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Like any natural medicine some may receive benefits and some may not. And some benefits may be long term and require taking the medicine for a long time before it works.

@1diesel1 what happened to your hemp field? You are on a pretty high horse against cbd for a someone who jumped on the bandwagon.

You dont have the answer “it depends” or “it works for some people” in your poll.

My best friend’s surgeon in colorado recomended he take cbd regularly to help repair some nerve damage. The surgery alone did not make his arm work properly again but he insists the cbd has helped tremendously. He takes it in addition to smoking weed.

I tried it for months for my condions and it didnt do anything for me that my weed isnt doing already.

So it helps some people and not others.

Dan789

Dan789

Agree that’s there’s probably something to it, but from my Dad’s experience, he didn’t feel any relief from his 92 years old body’s aches and pains. He was taking 50 mg caps twice a day (100mg) for over nine months, from a supposedly legit source Lazarus Naturals...

My wife was taking both CBD, and THC concentrates from WAMM for over a few years, she felt the THC, and hard to say if the CBD was helping. We moved on from WAMM as the costs became too great over $1000./6 weeks. She’s now using a combination of tramadol, oxycodon, (as needed, not everyday) along with coconut infused capsules and dry MJ caps daily...without the MJ it would’ve been very easy for her to get hooked on the oxy, so there’s that for sure.

When this country get’s it’s priorities straight, I’m sure the scientists and researchers will be able to figure out what’s up...No surprise that the drug companies are slinging their synthetic THC product at over $600/30 day supply, why wouldn’t they, hey it’s free money to be made off the public. Sorry for the rambling.

As a postscript, I met a couple in HD looking for a plug for their new motor home, got talking and low and behold, they just purchased a Mercedes Camper/mobile office conversion to the tune of $200,000+. They are slinging distributorships via that mobile office throughout the state, and were telling me all about it...CBD in every conceivable fashion, roll on, sprays, caps, infused supplements, I’ll let you draw your own conclusions.

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Like any natural medicine some may receive benefits and some may not. And some benefits may be long term and require taking the medicine for a long time before it works.

@1diesel1 what happened to your hemp field? You are on a pretty high horse against cbd for a someone who jumped on the bandwagon.

You dont have the answer “it depends” or “it works for some people” in your poll.

My best friend’s surgeon in colorado recomended he take cbd regularly to help repair some nerve damage. The surgery alone did not make his arm work properly again but he insists the cbd has helped tremendously. He takes it in addition to smoking weed.

I tried it for months for my condions and it didnt do anything for me that my weed isnt doing already.

So it helps some people and not others.
Hemp is not only for CBD.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yes and no, I think. I agree with Mimed that there should be an "it works for some people at some times" option.

No in the sense that dabs of straight cbd have stopped flashbacks and anxiety attacks for me on multiple occasions. CBD edibles are also nice for a bit of body relaxing and pain relief. Also in conjunction with CBN it's the best to get me to sleep on the nights my brain is running.

Yes in the sense that in most of the forms that it's sold in the CBD itself isn't concentrated enough to actually do anything. It's pretty frustrating watching everyone buy silly shit like diluted oils and fuckin' aromatherapy candles when outstanding isolate is readily available, is much less expensive, and actually works.

mancorn

mancorn

I think there's a difference between pure CBD oil (as bought on Amazon) and CBD produced in my garden. But I only have anecdotal evidence that it does anything. (We certainly been abusing the CBD I grow by mixing it with THC for a recreational high for many years. 😀)

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

1 to 1 with thc i can tell a difference between just thc without the cbd
cbd edibles help quit a bit with gastro issues for me. I use kratom, turmeric, and cbd for GI issues and if I don't take the CBD with the other 2 I can tell a fairly big difference.

I think it helps with inflammation in certain cases, I know it helps with GI issues in my case only.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The store bought stuff is an utter JOKE! Take a look at the potency, or how much actual cbd is in the product.

that will make even the most serious person LOL.

Source your own cbd isolate/distillate/ flower and make your own meds/products.

Store bought weed barely ever got me high either. Doesnt make much sense to me. Commercial liquor always works in every price range.

916Fisherman

916Fisherman

The store bought stuff is an utter JOKE! Take a look at the potency, or how much actual cbd is in the product.

that will make even the most serious person LOL.

Like most bottles of nutrients people spend hundreds of dollars on......96% water 🤦‍♂️ lol

mancorn

mancorn

Even this is hard. I like to keep the same strains in my edibles (so that they're consistent). But in my experience many of the strains aren't real stable (especially as a seed). Harlequin is almost always super easy to grow, but my AC/DC from last year was a complete shit show (and I ended up pulling the plants and dumping them into the compost bin in August). With something like Sour Tsunami you only have a 25% chance of growing a CBD version (from seeds), while other favorites like Suzi Q, I can't even find. I'm much less confident about what I really have when growing the CBD.

MGuY

MGuY

Long time smoker and to the truth weed does not do anything to me as far as pain management, sleep disorder anything else. It does help my wife with epilepsy though and for that I'm thankful because otherwise the drugs that she would have to take make her a zombie creature.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I believe CBD has inflammatory properties. I believe it helps with seizure control in certain types of seizures. I do not believe it's a cure-all for everything. So, between all the hype and the "snake-oil" type claims, there are uses where it really does work ... and others where it doesn't.

FamilyCanna

FamilyCanna

Yes and no, I think. I agree with Mimed that there should be an "it works for some people at some times" option.

No in the sense that dabs of straight cbd have stopped flashbacks and anxiety attacks for me on multiple occasions. CBD edibles are also nice for a bit of body relaxing and pain relief. Also in conjunction with CBN it's the best to get me to sleep on the nights my brain is running.

Yes in the sense that in most of the forms that it's sold in the CBD itself isn't concentrated enough to actually do anything. It's pretty frustrating watching everyone buy silly shit like diluted oils and fuckin' aromatherapy candles when outstanding isolate is readily available, is much less expensive, and actually works.
This is exactly what I am describing. I don't give a shit about marketed products, I produce and purchase pure CBD isolate. Individuals doses easily can surpass 1000mg in circumstances.

There's a real issue with people who are anti-capitalism wanting to throw the baby out with the bathwater just because they saw some CBD deodorant in TJ Maxx.

Real science, real case studies. Not what your goofy uncle Jim said the walmart shampoo did for his moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

This is exactly what I am describing. I don't give a shit about marketed products, I produce and purchase pure CBD isolate. Individuals doses easily can surpass 1000mg in circumstances.

There's a real issue with people who are anti-capitalism wanting to throw the baby out with the bathwater just because they saw some CBD deodorant in TJ Maxx.

Real science, real case studies. Not what your goofy uncle Jim said the walmart shampoo did for his moderate to severe plaque psoriasis.

Exactly.

For those that want to go full-on capitalism, I'm sure one of the companies in the housewife exploitation industry will invent a gold-flecked cbd lavender enema. That doesn't mean that there aren't concrete uses for CBD.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I believe CBD has inflammatory properties. I believe it helps with seizure control in certain types of seizures. I do not believe it's a cure-all for everything. So, between all the hype and the "snake-oil" type claims, there are uses where it really does work ... and others where it doesn't.

I think you meant anti-inflammatory. But its the anti-spasmodic property that helps seisures.

Its obviously inflammatory. Look what its done to this thread. ;-)

Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom