CBDs: There's more to weed than THC

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
CBD is a behind-the-scenes workhorse, facilitating a staggering number of bodily changes while being completely non-psychoactive.

by Edie Adelstein @edieadelstein

In the land of cannabinoids, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) gets most of the publicity. It is, after all, the compound with the most well-known flair, being the main source of all the euphoric, trippy effects.
Less popular, but perhaps only until now, has been cannabidiol, or CBD, the second most-common cannabinoid among the 70 to 100 found in marijuana (and the most common in hemp). CBD is a behind-the-scenes workhorse, facilitating a staggering number of bodily changes while being completely non-psychoactive.
To start, CBDs counter some of the less desirable side-effects of THC, like anxiety, paranoia, rapid heartbeat and short-term memory loss. In high doses, it can help insomniacs sleep, but in smaller amounts, it can be energizing. It can also reduce inflammation, nausea and convulsions.
As the list continues to grow, so do the CBD-centric products on the market. High-CBD strains are finally more readily available after decades of breeding geared toward high-THC yields. In the edibles industry, companies like Cheeba Chews and Dixie Elixirs & Edibles have developed special CBD products; for instance, the latter's non-psychoactive Dixie X comes from hemp oil, and according to the website, the company's in talks to distribute it in grocery and health food stores.
Char Mayes of the local infused-products company TinctureBelle offers a more mom-and-pop approach for patients seeking help from CBDs. While her products are all hybrids (from strain to cannabinoid content), Mayes did make a special high-CBD tincture for local patient Chaz Moore, who suffers from myoclonus diaphragmatic flutter, a condition that seizes the teenager with uncontrollable spasms in his abdomen.
"They had given me the plant," Mayes says. "And so, I'll help patients out like that, but I don't have it on a constant basis to do."
And when it comes to CBDs, all this is just the tip of the proverbial bud.

More at the link on top

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

CBD is a behind-the-scenes workhorse, facilitating a staggering number of bodily changes while being completely non-psychoactive.

by Edie Adelstein @edieadelstein

In the land of cannabinoids, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) gets most of the publicity. It is, after all, the compound with the most well-known flair, being the main source of all the euphoric, trippy effects.
Less popular, but perhaps only until now, has been cannabidiol, or CBD, the second most-common cannabinoid among the 70 to 100 found in marijuana (and the most common in hemp). CBD is a behind-the-scenes workhorse, facilitating a staggering number of bodily changes while being completely non-psychoactive.
To start, CBDs counter some of the less desirable side-effects of THC, like anxiety, paranoia, rapid heartbeat and short-term memory loss. In high doses, it can help insomniacs sleep, but in smaller amounts, it can be energizing. It can also reduce inflammation, nausea and convulsions.
As the list continues to grow, so do the CBD-centric products on the market. High-CBD strains are finally more readily available after decades of breeding geared toward high-THC yields. In the edibles industry, companies like Cheeba Chews and Dixie Elixirs & Edibles have developed special CBD products; for instance, the latter's non-psychoactive Dixie X comes from hemp oil, and according to the website, the company's in talks to distribute it in grocery and health food stores.
Char Mayes of the local infused-products company TinctureBelle offers a more mom-and-pop approach for patients seeking help from CBDs. While her products are all hybrids (from strain to cannabinoid content), Mayes did make a special high-CBD tincture for local patient Chaz Moore, who suffers from myoclonus diaphragmatic flutter, a condition that seizes the teenager with uncontrollable spasms in his abdomen.
"They had given me the plant," Mayes says. "And so, I'll help patients out like that, but I don't have it on a constant basis to do."
And when it comes to CBDs, all this is just the tip of the proverbial bud.

More at the link on top
glad to see you on the cbd train ken! If you have any more info on high cbd strains and where i could get some and also any info on making cbd oil, i know how to make it but obviously the experience of those who have done it before is priceless, i've been looking for a high cbd strain forever now, i would ideally like to juice it or eat it, something along those lines; if any1 on the farm can point a brotha in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Take it easy brothas and sistas. BBBIIIYYaaaaHHHH!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
He Ohio! :) Yeah man CBD is where its at...I've grown Sour Tsunami and Harliquin in the past.

Sour Tsunami get huge...and the buds smell good....but not really good for smoking great for eating though!
..mine tested 6%thc and 6%cbd

The Harliquin (Thia x Colombian gold) was a resin bomb and Pretty good smoke. It taste like old shcool weed but not bad smoke

I am not growing any CBD strain at the moment..and didn't save the genitics from either :(

I want one that has super low THC.....and super high CBD!

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

He Ohio! :) Yeah man CBD is where its at...I've grown Sour Tsunami and Harliquin in the past.

Sour Tsunami get huge...and the buds smell good....but not really good for smoking great for eating though!
..mine tested 6%thc and 6%cbd

The Harliquin (Thia x Colombian gold) was a resin bomb and Pretty good smoke. It taste like old shcool weed but not bad smoke

I am not growing any CBD strain at the moment..and didn't save the genitics from either :(

I want one that has super low THC.....and super high CBD!
^ right on, yah i saw both those strains floatin around here and there, but i have heard rumor of a few strains testing up in the teens for cbd, i don't care if the bud gets me high or not, i got good strains that accomplish that mighty well. I just want a really high cbd strain for my health, ideally i would eventually like to make a 25% thca , and 25% cbd stabalized pill that people could take but i need more hands on research with cbds first, people say the cbds directly combat the physco activeness of the thc, ima hafta give GW a p.m. and see what his expertise has revealed on the subject....also i've seen some research suggesting that the purple flowers are extremely high in other cannabinoids, especially the african purples; in the future i hope somone can make a very well balanced supplement out of all the cannbinoids working in conjunction with eachother....anyways thanks for the reply brotha

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
the cannatonic is a great one if you get the right cut, there are a few of them going around. She is a really feel good high and doesn't blast you. I had a recent surgery and the cannatonic made me feel better than any other herb as far as my predisposition to the day ahead and my body liked it. It was obviously treating me differently then other strains...was very noticeable. I didn't receive as intense of cbd from harley when I grew her. She was nice but cannatonic tastes way more exciting, imo

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

How accurate do you find/think the seed manufactures numbers are?
I have Bubba Kush and TrainWreck from Green house seeds .... CBD is 0.1% and 0.77% respectively. seems low.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I will tell you guys the truth...

Every since i found out that folks are getting (and selling) CBD from hemp.
I kinda lost interest in taking the risk (and space) to grow it.

But I do need to grow it for my wife...because they charge way too much for the hemp oil...lol :confused:

DB Dew Drops 2 sizes

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

the cannatonic is a great one if you get the right cut, there are a few of them going around. She is a really feel good high and doesn't blast you. I had a recent surgery and the cannatonic made me feel better than any other herb as far as my predisposition to the day ahead and my body liked it. It was obviously treating me differently then other strains...was very noticeable. I didn't receive as intense of cbd from harley when I grew her. She was nice but cannatonic tastes way more exciting, imo
thanks for the info baba, if the strains good enough to smoke and super high in cbds, that would be ideal. I'm already on the raw hemp seeds, i find the oils kinda frivolous to buy, when i can get 3-4 times more oils by just buyig the raw seed and pressing myself, plus the seeds are quite tasty....take it easy

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

do you know where to snag this from, thats not outside of the u.s. ? i know resin seeds made it

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Hey all.

I'm glad to see a CBD thread here. I just got my first 2 cuts of high CBD strains. Vegging out some Cannatonic and UW Purple Kush. Most people say that UWPK is not high in CBDs, but the guy I picked them up from claims is has a ratio of 10% CBD to 5% THC. After finishing, I will have it tested myself.

He gave me quite a bit of information regarding the processing into tictures and oils. Most of us that make medibles know about decarboxilating THC at a low temp. I do it at 200 deg. F for about 10 min. He claims that to decarb CBDs, it is done at a high temp (340 deg. F) for several hours. A crockpot and a candy thermometer is what is recommended.

He also shared with me that the reliability of CBD seed stock is questionable. The ratios are not consistent with what is advertised, and some have higher THC levels than CBDs. If possible he recommends getting clones from tested mothers.

For all I know, he may be full of shit, but I am willing to follow his advice and try some of his recommendations.

I hope this helps and gets some conversation going.

K

kolah

I am a big fan of CBD cannabis. I was just reading on the Mr Nice forum and he, Mr Nice(aka Shantibaba) was stating how he too is starting to focus more on CBD strains. Not everyone wants to be high as shit and it would be nice to have some good medicinal strains where you can still function. Same goes for children as well... as I have read it is helping tremendously for very young kids with seizures.

I once read where "they" said that a 2 to 1 ratio of THC to CBD was the most effective but I think that it is still too early to make those assumptions. It's my belief that some psychoactive properties need to be in it to make it effective. Although I could be wrong.

Attitude Seed Bank shows they have Cannatonnic but from what I recently learned almost all of Attitudes shipments into the the US are being snatched up my the postal police (at NY, Chi and LA which are the big 3 places for incoming overseas mail).

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I too like CBD and have grown some in the past.
But I have learned that many companies are already taking CBD from hemp and selling it
The bastards are charging big bucks, like it's against the law to make it!
Hopefully CBD will be as cheap as it should be some day...but I doupt it:depressed:

soserthc1

soserthc1

But I have learned that many companies are already taking CBD from hemp and selling it
Hopefully CBD will be as cheap as it should be some day...but I doupt it:depressed:

should be criminal to charge more for cbd as that is the medical value and the oil is used to treat children with cancer ... and as far as strain i gonna agree with BabA Cannatonic seems to be the best for high cbd and pain relieving symptoms ....imho

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

woot cgks a mod now! congrats ken. hope all is well

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
woot cgks a mod now! congrats ken. hope all is well

Thanks Ohio :) I have been a mod for a while..Just didnt want to flaunt it.:p .So was undercover..lol
I just help the real mods really
Clean spam and stuff like that...
I hope all is well with you and yours too! :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I just saw this

"CBD is actually in phase three testing to be approved medically," said Chief Galen Carroll, of the Modesto Police Department. "That will actually take care of the problem."

Read more:

But I cant find anything else about it..So I think the police cheif might be full of bs...i hope not though.

Top Bottom