CFL Question

• Thread starter Beeronymous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Beeronymous

has anyone seen the porch light cfl bulbs? there only 23 watts but they got PAR 38 thingie on the side of the package.would these have ANY redeeming value as a grow light or would it just be a waste of money?

sedate

sedate

If the spectrum isn't useless for the grow stage I'd imagine that it would work as a decent smallish grow bulb.

But 23w doesn't do much except keep a plant alive. A couple would be okay for a mother I guess.

Why not just use regular spiral CFL's?

B

Beeronymous

eh,i had to ask anyway.the porch light ones come in different colors....like red...

true grit

true grit

When using CFL's, I had my best luck using the big ass 65w'ers that are 14.99 at home depot. 3 or 4 of those and you have an actual 250w of so of red spectrum.

sedate

sedate

true grit said:
When using CFL's, I had my best luck using the big ass 65w'ers that are 14.99 at home depot. 3 or 4 of those and you have an actual 250w of so of red spectrum.

Yea really - HID's are great but lining up a bunch of CFL's really can grow some effin pot.

I lined up a rack of these for an old patient that I was trying to help out - worked great.

D

DownTownClown

Premium Member
Supporter
if you lined a couple in a row they would do great. I've had good results with CFL and T5's. Produce good resin and nice buds, without the heat!!!

B

Beeronymous

haha ive got a 45 watt thats supposed to be the equivalent of a 200 watt bulb that i bought when i got my flourescent cabinet lights.ive neglected to use it with these in favor of my shitty 65 watt gro & sho by GE.the CFL is great because i can get right on top of the little fuckers whereas the gro and shit needs a fan going so i dont fry the leaves.this is great to know,now all i need to do is get some track lighting and some bulbs

B

Beeronymous

oh yeah, and the flourescnets blow after about 3 inches or so because the light fades,the two tops are getting a nice tan(if you know what i mean) while the rest of the poor plant just gets whats leftover.theyre only 30 watts combined but its not bad,the plants only 8 or 9 inches tall after i topped it.....but yeah....OFF TO WALMART!!!!!!!!!!:mad0233:

Top Bottom