CG's First Grow and a HALF - DETAILED Diary

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Cggrows

Hey guys! CosmoGrows here! Welcome to my First and a half grow diary. This is my first and a half grow diary because I've already been through one full grow, but, i cant seem to get far on this second grow. I've gone through some issues, and have bounced back. I think i am strong enough now and have the confidence to post a full diary, and i think ill be able to make it to the end. Who knows, i may kill the plants, and i may have to shut down the diary. But as for right now, i feel like these plants have had a great story, and a great comeback, and i want to share what I've gone through, what I've survived and what I've done to fix everything, and lastly obviously fully update you guys with where i'm at now.

Equipment:
4x4 OHUHU Grow Tent - Plan to upgrade to a mars hydro 4x4, even 5x5.
AC Infinity T4 Exhaust Fan with Programmable Controller.
1 Frigidaire 5000BTU Window A/C Unit.
1 vHome 10,000 BTU Portable A/C Unit.
1 Lasko 1500 Watt Space Heater
1 Meizhi 900W LED Grow Light
1 Meizhi 450W LED Grow Light (Currently unused)
1 Backup 1000W KingLED Grow Light (Backup, Unused)
2 itVanilla Humidifiers
1 Inofia Dehumidifer
INKBird Temp Controller
2 ThermoPro Hygrometers(I like Accuracy.)
1 Habor Hygrometer(I like Accuracy.)

Mediums:
Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Fox Farm Happy Frog
*Added Perlite.
IMG_20191117_005457092.jpg

The Grow

The Break Down:
You can see in the picture above of the current run, we have two matured plants as well as a couple younger ones. Here is the break down so you know what everything is.

BACK LEFT: Blue Cheese - (But i believe i was given the wrong strain, so im not to sure.)
BACK RIGHT: Blue Cheese - (This one i believe is blue cheese, as it looks like it should be.)
BACK CENTER: Auto Northern Lights (Roughly two weeks old
(Freebie)
FRONT LEFT: Unknown, Apparently an autoflower. Once again, i bought photoperiod seeds and got an autoflower in it somehow.
FRONT RIGHT: BadAzz OG Cheese
FRONT CENTER: BadAzz OG Cheese
(Taken day posted: 11/17/2019)​
As you can tell from the photo, most plants are new and have just began the journey to produce wicked flowers. So there's no to much to report on. Let me give a break down on the more mature plants, the Blue Cheese Seeds that have a backstory:

When i first started growing on my first run, i seemed to have some beginners luck. I didnt grow full sized plants, but i was able to produce about 8 ozs of flower off of 4 plants. I know, horrible. But atleast i got something. This time around, im going full out. But i have ran into some issues with the more mature ladies. When i started this second run, i was moving to quick and i decided i wanted to drown them, or, maybe dehydrate them, to this day, i really dont even know what happened, which kinda sucks because i dont know the main issue, but i did learn that i needed to better my watering practices. And thats what i did. I killed about 30 seeds practicing watering. I went through alot of money and was very demotivated. I found THCFarmer within all the stress and posted my issues here. Happily, i was able to save the two mature girls in the back and continue to grow them with confidence. That confidence is what pushed me to create this log today. I feel like from here on out, i have this down. I know i may run into more issues in the future, such as deficiencies, maybe some root issues, or something, but i feel confident enough to fix them and be successful. So i wanted to post a log of my current journey, so the people that have helped me here can see what they have done, and where you guys have helped me get to today, and where we are going to go from here. Its nothing but success from here. I will not let defeat happen.​

You can see the issues for Blue Cheese #1 by clicking: Right Here!
You can more issues, and issues for blue cheese #2 by clicking: Right Here!
Pictures of Blue Cheese #1:
screenshot_20191027-015919-png.905072
20191027_015754-jpg.905071

(Taken a month or so ago(October 2019))

Where we are at today:
So with all of that being said and done, I can now show you were the better watering practices have gotten me. After all these water issues, i have finally gotten it down and have things rolling.

We are in mid veg, honestly, as a new grower, ive already made mistakes of not tracking when my plant was born, and all of that. So im kind of guessing, but with my setbacks im guessing to be somewhere in mid veg obviously. I Do only have the electricity wattage for two lights, so i can only grow in one tent, or 2 smaller ones, right now for eletricity sake, i am growing in one 4x4 with one light, which is why i have all my plants mixed.

NOTE: Yes, i have autoflowers mixed with photoperiods, i am able to seperate when needed, if needed.

IMG_20191117_005154641.jpg
IMG_20191117_005315494.jpg

Lets take a step inside:
IMG_20191117_005517135.jpg
IMG_20191117_005357647.jpg

Ventilation, The black ducting, ducts from the ac into the tent to provide cool air when needed. Yeah, its a little ghetto and what not, but i like to have fun with it to.
Along with the convertible storage closet. i can turn it into a grow space.
IMG_20191117_005540823.jpg
IMG_20191117_005125603.jpg

So now that you have seen what im working with here are the girls today, remember, as posted above they had a rough beginning, so i am very proud to show where i am today, and really, were this diary is going to begin now that i have caught everyone up to date. We are currently in mid veg for the blue cheeses.

Pictures Taken 11/17/2019:
Blue Cheese #1 Currently:

Since the overwatering era, i have let her recover and grow. I topped her about one week ago. Shes growing great. Remember! This diary is basically focusing on the blue cheese plants in the beginning as they are really the only plants with action. The other little ones are still babies. Maybe i can begin to low stress train them? Suggest below!
Currently in a 2 gallon smartpot.
20191116_221135 (1).jpg
20191116_221129 (1).jpg

Picture Taken 11/16/2019, a day before the ones above.
20191113_114156 (1).jpg

Plans with blue cheese #1:
Tie branches down. Maybe Defoliate a little?
Im not much of a defoliation fan.
I like leaf stripping mid veg before flower.

Blue Cheese #2 Currently:
Pictures Taken 11/17/2019

Since overwatering, i have let her also recover.
I recently just topped her. More recent than number one.
This girl has just recovered and is getting back to it.
Low Quality Pic, as its all i have right now.
Currently In a 2 gallon SmartPot.
20191117_025028.jpg

Environment:
Temp:
70-77F
RH: 50-60%
1 Small Desk Clamp Fan
1 Tower Oscillating Fan W/ Real life wind setting.

Pesticides Used:
Nuke 'Em. (As I have a history of spider mites, but they have been long gone for awhile, i may be able to back down.)
Spinosad. (Or whatever it is)

Nutrient plans:
I plan to use FloraNova One Part Grow and one Part Bloom nutrients. Gen Hydro.

Planned Equipment Upgrades:
Upgrading Lighting to ES300 - When i get to be a more advanced grower.
SensorPush Humidity/Temp Gauge for the logging feature so i can keep better track of my variables.

Other Information:
- 1, 2 & 3 Gallon Pot Sizes are used.
- For those that noticed the two seedlings in the front i have said nothing about, they are for future posting, i will get to them ALONG with the other plants in my grow as we continue to move along further into the stages.
- Suggestions are always welcome.

Stay tuned for pictures as i continue along my journey, i will post updates and try to keep everyone as in depth as possible as this current grow pushes along. I hope i have included and organized everything well within this diary so far so everyone can see where i am at. If it is confusing, i am sorry, i smoked like 4 dabs for every letter typed in this diary. Yes, thats alot of dabs. Happy growing everyone, And a special thanks to all that have helped me thus far with the current blue cheese grow, i guess we could say as the blue cheese are my main focus.

I WILL UPDATE ON THE NORTHERN LIGHTS, BADAZZ OG, AND THE UNKNOWN AUTOFLOWER AS WE PROGRESS FURTHER, THEY ARE NOT PROVIDING MUCH ACTION RIGHT NOW, OTHER THAN BEING LITTLES. I will post pictures of these girls next grow diary update which will probably be in a couple days when things have progressed a bit.

I hope i have included everything, if i have left any important information out, please let me know.

By the way, yes i know first and a half isnt really a thing. LOL.
- CosmoGrows
.... Well Hopefully Grows.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

View attachment 911179

Hey guys! CosmoGrows here! Welcome to my First and a half grow diary. This is my first and a half grow diary because I've already been through one full grow, but, i cant seem to get far on this second grow. I've gone through some issues, and have bounced back. I think i am strong enough now and have the confidence to post a full diary, and i think ill be able to make it to the end. Who knows, i may kill the plants, and i may have to shut down the diary. But as for right now, i feel like these plants have had a great story, and a great comeback, and i want to share what I've gone through, what I've survived and what I've done to fix everything, and lastly obviously fully update you guys with where i'm at now.

Equipment:
4x4 OHUHU Grow Tent - Plan to upgrade to a mars hydro 4x4, even 5x5.
AC Infinity T4 Exhaust Fan with Programmable Controller.
1 Frigidaire 5000BTU Window A/C Unit.
1 vHome 10,000 BTU Portable A/C Unit.
1 Lasko 1500 Watt Space Heater
1 Meizhi 900W LED Grow Light
1 Meizhi 450W LED Grow Light (Currently unused)
1 Backup 1000W KingLED Grow Light (Backup, Unused)
2 itVanilla Humidifiers
1 Inofia Dehumidifer
INKBird Temp Controller
2 ThermoPro Hygrometers(I like Accuracy.)
1 Habor Hygrometer(I like Accuracy.)

Mediums:
Fox Farm Ocean Forest
Fox Farm Happy Frog
*Added Perlite.
View attachment 911180

The Grow

The Break Down:
You can see in the picture above of the current run, we have two matured plants as well as a couple younger ones. Here is the break down so you know what everything is.

BACK LEFT: Blue Cheese - (But i believe i was given the wrong strain, so im not to sure.)
BACK RIGHT: Blue Cheese - (This one i believe is blue cheese, as it looks like it should be.)
BACK CENTER: Auto Northern Lights (Roughly two weeks old
(Freebie)
FRONT LEFT: Unknown, Apparently an autoflower. Once again, i bought photoperiod seeds and got an autoflower in it somehow.
FRONT RIGHT: BadAzz OG Cheese
FRONT CENTER: BadAzz OG Cheese
(Taken day posted: 11/17/2019)​
As you can tell from the photo, most plants are new and have just began the journey to produce wicked flowers. So there's no to much to report on. Let me give a break down on the more mature plants, the Blue Cheese Seeds that have a backstory:

When i first started growing on my first run, i seemed to have some beginners luck. I didnt grow full sized plants, but i was able to produce about 8 ozs of flower off of 4 plants. I know, horrible. But atleast i got something. This time around, im going full out. But i have ran into some issues with the more mature ladies. When i started this second run, i was moving to quick and i decided i wanted to drown them, or, maybe dehydrate them, to this day, i really dont even know what happened, which kinda sucks because i dont know the main issue, but i did learn that i needed to better my watering practices. And thats what i did. I killed about 30 seeds practicing watering. I went through alot of money and was very demotivated. I found THCFarmer within all the stress and posted my issues here. Happily, i was able to save the two mature girls in the back and continue to grow them with confidence. That confidence is what pushed me to create this log today. I feel like from here on out, i have this down. I know i may run into more issues in the future, such as deficiencies, maybe some root issues, or something, but i feel confident enough to fix them and be successful. So i wanted to post a log of my current journey, so the people that have helped me here can see what they have done, and where you guys have helped me get to today, and where we are going to go from here. Its nothing but success from here. I will not let defeat happen.​

You can see the issues for Blue Cheese #1 by clicking: Right Here!
You can more issues, and issues for blue cheese #2 by clicking: Right Here!
Pictures of Blue Cheese #1:
screenshot_20191027-015919-png.905072
20191027_015754-jpg.905071

(Taken a month or so ago(October 2019))

Where we are at today:
So with all of that being said and done, I can now show you were the better watering practices have gotten me. After all these water issues, i have finally gotten it down and have things rolling.

We are in mid veg, honestly, as a new grower, ive already made mistakes of not tracking when my plant was born, and all of that. So im kind of guessing, but with my setbacks im guessing to be somewhere in mid veg obviously. I Do only have the electricity wattage for two lights, so i can only grow in one tent, or 2 smaller ones, right now for eletricity sake, i am growing in one 4x4 with one light, which is why i have all my plants mixed.

NOTE: Yes, i have autoflowers mixed with photoperiods, i am able to seperate when needed, if needed.

View attachment 911182View attachment 911192

Lets take a step inside:
View attachment 911184View attachment 911185

Ventilation, The black ducting, ducts from the ac into the tent to provide cool air when needed. Yeah, its a little ghetto and what not, but i like to have fun with it to.
Along with the convertible storage closet. i can turn it into a grow space.
View attachment 911186View attachment 911187

So now that you have seen what im working with here are the girls today, remember, as posted above they had a rough beginning, so i am very proud to show where i am today, and really, were this diary is going to begin now that i have caught everyone up to date. We are currently in mid veg for the blue cheeses.

Pictures Taken 11/17/2019:
Blue Cheese #1 Currently:

Since the overwatering era, i have let her recover and grow. I topped her about one week ago. Shes growing great. Remember! This diary is basically focusing on the blue cheese plants in the beginning as they are really the only plants with action. The other little ones are still babies. Maybe i can begin to low stress train them? Suggest below!
Currently in a 2 gallon smartpot.
View attachment 911188View attachment 911189
Picture Taken 11/16/2019, a day before the ones above.
View attachment 911190
Plans with blue cheese #1:
Tie branches down. Maybe Defoliate a little?
Im not much of a defoliation fan.
I like leaf stripping mid veg before flower.

Blue Cheese #2 Currently:
Pictures Taken 11/17/2019

Since overwatering, i have let her also recover.
I recently just topped her. More recent than number one.
This girl has just recovered and is getting back to it.
Low Quality Pic, as its all i have right now.
Currently In a 2 gallon SmartPot.
View attachment 911191

Environment:
Temp:
70-77F
RH: 50-60%
1 Small Desk Clamp Fan
1 Tower Oscillating Fan W/ Real life wind setting.

Pesticides Used:
Nuke 'Em. (As I have a history of spider mites, but they have been long gone for awhile, i may be able to back down.)
Spinosad. (Or whatever it is)

Nutrient plans:
I plan to use FloraNova One Part Grow and one Part Bloom nutrients. Gen Hydro.

Planned Equipment Upgrades:
Upgrading Lighting to ES300 - When i get to be a more advanced grower.
SensorPush Humidity/Temp Gauge for the logging feature so i can keep better track of my variables.

Other Information:
- 1, 2 & 3 Gallon Pot Sizes are used.
- For those that noticed the two seedlings in the front i have said nothing about, they are for future posting, i will get to them ALONG with the other plants in my grow as we continue to move along further into the stages.
- Suggestions are always welcome.

Stay tuned for pictures as i continue along my journey, i will post updates and try to keep everyone as in depth as possible as this current grow pushes along. I hope i have included and organized everything well within this diary so far so everyone can see where i am at. If it is confusing, i am sorry, i smoked like 4 dabs for every letter typed in this diary. Yes, thats alot of dabs. Happy growing everyone, And a special thanks to all that have helped me thus far with the current blue cheese grow, i guess we could say as the blue cheese are my main focus.

I WILL UPDATE ON THE NORTHERN LIGHTS, BADAZZ OG, AND THE UNKNOWN AUTOFLOWER AS WE PROGRESS FURTHER, THEY ARE NOT PROVIDING MUCH ACTION RIGHT NOW, OTHER THAN BEING LITTLES. I will post pictures of these girls next grow diary update which will probably be in a couple days when things have progressed a bit.

I hope i have included everything, if i have left any important information out, please let me know.

By the way, yes i know first and a half isnt really a thing. LOL.
- CosmoGrows
.... Well Hopefully Grows.
Kool set up! I’m along for the ride ! I learn a lot from others questions and grow diaries! Lmao I run autos so I might chime in from time to to time! But these guys at the farm are the best on the net super nice and informative!

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
11/19/2019

Well, Just when you think you have the watering habits down, youre just not there. Almost, but no cigar. Heres an update on the garden. Not doing to well this week.

BLUE CHEESE #1:
20191118 233827
20191119 012735 1
Screenshot 20191119 022926
Screenshot 20191119 022926 1
20191119 131719

Those you of you that followed me on other posts(This Post Here) know, ive been having issues with the blue cheese #1. I watered it till run off and i believe i once again overwatered. In attempts to fix this issue, im going to allow her to dry out, and next time around i will not be watering till run off. I am only going to water till saturation, or when the pot feels like its full. Its a different style, and i will see if that works.

20191119 143203 1

Fortunately, The rest of the garden is looking fairly decent.

The Unknown Auto-flower
20191119 143815

The unknown autoflower looks like shes doing well. I have no clue what this strain is, and i didnt even know she was an autoflower until she, well, started flowering. Does anyone see any issues with this plant?

20191119 143205

The Auto-Northern Lights!

in the back center there, you will see the auto northern lights. She is growing quick, but i do have an upcoming water, and this is where i fail. I will attempt to water her tomorrow, 11/20/2019 and see if we can make progress on jumping this hurdle.

I recently pulled her over, and began LST. It may be to early, as a new grower, im doing this for experimental purposes, and i will learn when the time is right to start LST.

The Seedlings:

I stated before, i would provide an update on the seedlings. I am still going to hold off, as i would like them to begin life first. I can provide, they are The White OG Strain, Photoperiods.

I will provide an update tomorrow and the Blue Cheese #1's recovery and what action ill take to resolve this madness, hopefully.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

11/19/2019

Well, Just when you think you have the watering habits down, youre just not there. Almost, but no cigar. Heres an update on the garden. Not doing to well this week.

BLUE CHEESE #1:
View attachment 911951View attachment 911952View attachment 911953View attachment 911954View attachment 911955

Those you of you that followed me on other posts(This Post Here) know, ive been having issues with the blue cheese #1. I watered it till run off and i believe i once again overwatered. In attempts to fix this issue, im going to allow her to dry out, and next time around i will not be watering till run off. I am only going to water till saturation, or when the pot feels like its full. Its a different style, and i will see if that works.

View attachment 911962

Fortunately, The rest of the garden is looking fairly decent.

The Unknown Auto-flower
View attachment 911963

The unknown autoflower looks like shes doing well. I have no clue what this strain is, and i didnt even know she was an autoflower until she, well, started flowering. Does anyone see any issues with this plant?

View attachment 911964

The Auto-Northern Lights!

in the back center there, you will see the auto northern lights. She is growing quick, but i do have an upcoming water, and this is where i fail. I will attempt to water her tomorrow, 11/20/2019 and see if we can make progress on jumping this hurdle.

I recently pulled her over, and began LST. It may be to early, as a new grower, im doing this for experimental purposes, and i will learn when the time is right to start LST.

The Seedlings:

I stated before, i would provide an update on the seedlings. I am still going to hold off, as i would like them to begin life first. I can provide, they are The White OG Strain, Photoperiods.

I will provide an update tomorrow and the Blue Cheese #1's recovery and what action ill take to resolve this madness, hopefully.

Totally normal for leaves to fill up and droop some after watering. Means you have good uptake. Well done!

Looks like all that lecturing helped ;-)

Top Bottom