Change Light cycle during flowering

• Thread starter Digiman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Digiman

Hi, due to the rising cost of electricity a friend suggested I use the 8/16 light cycle for flowering. I have 3 plants that are in week 3 of flowering, but I am now regetting not going with the 12/12 light cycle. My question is, would it stress out the plants if I was to change to the 12/12 light cycle?

growsince79

growsince79

Hi, due to the rising cost of electricity a friend suggested I use the 8/16 light cycle for flowering. I have 3 plants that are in week 3 of flowering, but I am now regetting not going with the 12/12 light cycle. My question is, would it stress out the plants if I was to change to the 12/12 light cycle?
Probably will, but not doing it will probably be worse.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi, bad advice I'm afraid. I'm not really the guy but pics...I gotta see what you did to the poor girls.

I'd say get them back to 12/12 asap. If it was me I might even go 18 for a couple of days to wake them up...........Don't listen to me I know not what that would do but I'd like to see pics if you do it.....

I've gone 11/13 and grew smaller lighter buds than 12/12.

At the end of flowering you can turn your intensity down and increase the hours to boost under performing buds for 7-10 days but I'm not sure what that would do at your stage and circumstances.

Pics though...let us see what you did.............

D

Digiman

Thank you, I'm afraid they will revert to veg or end up with hermies

Hi, bad advice I'm afraid. I'm not really the guy but pics...I gotta see what you did to the poor girls.

I'd say get them back to 12/12 asap. If it was me I might even go 18 for a couple of days to wake them up...........Don't listen to me I know not what that would do but I'd like to see pics if you do it.....

I've gone 11/13 and grew smaller lighter buds than 12/12.

At the end of flowering you can turn your intensity down and increase the hours to boost under performing buds for 7-10 days but I'm not sure what that would do at your stage and circumstances.

Pics though...let us see what you did.............
I am tempted to switch to 12/12 and will post some pic's if I do. A lesson learned..

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

You need 10 hours light for proper thc production. I run 20 hrs on(that way I still have 4 to play with if needed) in veg then 13 in flower and drop to 12 last 2 weeks.

Top Bottom