Changing nute brand

• Thread starter minster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

indoorherbs

Yes you can switch if desired. I like to use a good flush agent if switching mid bloom or something. I also switched from canna to AN mid bloom with a 2 day Final Phase rinse in between...plants looked better than i could have hoped for after.

Are you meaning better than you hoped they would because you were expecting some shock from the nute change, or better because you switched to AN?

Stick with RO, don't overload calmag... i will continue to say this over and over- calmag is not the issue most the time. its the knee jerk response. often out of range nutrients and excess calmag are issues. I use RO, i don't exceed 3ml/g in veg with Calplex (calplex because you dont need the Mg) and don't go over 5-6ml/g in bloom even with the "calmag hogs"...

YES!

It drives me nuts to look through all the "what's wrong with my plants" to see nothing but "give 'em cal/mag" advice. WTF? That is not a fix-all bandaid. That and all the "so-and-so nutes are terrible, I always get calcium def". I've used a lot of nutes and of course some are better than others, but there is not NEARLY the kind of cal/mag problems people think there are.

Especially not if you're using municipal water.

M

minster

as an update, I switched to plant magic plus nutes as they are advertised for UK Hard water (and soft version) and the grow is a different experience that I now enjoy. The ladies are looking much better and are starting to really put on some nice green growth - no more browning leaf tips and edges and the 'essence' foilar spray is awesome in my newbie view.

Now I simply fill up my res with mains water via hose, I add some tap safe and leave it overnight - finally enjoying the grow experience instead of fighting problems

Am sure there will be other headaches but a big thanks to you fellow farmers for all the help and advice

DrunknMunx

DrunknMunx

hey minster hows the plant magic plus going? you say you use tapsafe overnight to sort out your NOT-RO uk tap water, has this along with PMP Uk hardwater nutes solved your probs or have you had any issues doing this, as im in the same boat.

Thanks Munx`

M

minster

H munx,they been brilliant for me mate - I posted an update pic here from a couple of weeks ago - they much bigger now too

Don't know if I really need tap safe but it cost a couple of quid and makes me happier adding the Tap water and no negative effects I've noticed. I think the plant magic essence also an excellent product - froths up like something out of Harry potter though, so can be messy. I am still vegging to take clones though so no idea how it will turn out.

DrunknMunx

DrunknMunx

thanks for the speedy reply buddy, your plants looking amazing now and will be keeping an eye out for updates as im def gunna give the Plant Magic line a go now too, was pretty much sold at made and tested for uk hard water.

what brand of water conditioner do you use? or is it called tapsafe (for fish)??
and does anyone else on the site have any info on these products pros/cons?

as i use tap water but just leave the bottles out for 48 hours+, but need to maybe change this as im moving to res soon!!

Thanks all Munx`

M

minster

thanks mate, am sure the plants will take a dive but at the mo they're sweet

There is a discussion and a link here on tap safe stuff from more experienced peeps - I really dont know anything but got good advice on this forum (thanks all)

I use the tap safe product below. I got it from the major pet store here.

Api

I started using it as I read that "it works instantly to detoxify heavy metals, remove chlorine and break the choloramine bond" - blurb from bottle

I use a teaspoon in 100lt res.

Just to mention that I also used Plant magic granules when potting up but as I said, I think their 'Essence' product is a real winner.

As people have said before, just need to learn the nutes, they are all basically good - for some reason plant magic just clicked for me as a newbie and my situation....happy days :harvest:

good luck mate.

true grit

true grit

Are you meaning better than you hoped they would because you were expecting some shock from the nute change, or better because you switched to AN?

Actually both...the switch went smoother than expected and the AN nutes out shined the Canna i was using.

G

Growlord

I was using GH Nova line I did 4 runs with an (RDWC system) I felt the product had a harsh smoke taste even after a 2-week flush so I don't know if my research is 100% but what I noticed was that the nutrients do not bond with water entirely making many particles fall to the bottom of the buckets over time and I fell the Base parts of this lineup is somewhat salty so I'm changing to flora 3 part that was my best run with that line but I wanted to try 1 more run with nova with a more mild dosage I just don't wanna waste more time Nova is not for an (RDWC system)

H.o.l_407

H.o.l_407

I noticed the same thing also. Just have to shake the hell outta the mix for a while. I try to mix and use the same day because of this.

MEGA956

MEGA956

Went from Advance to Athena Pro, best decision I made. Advanced was such a pain to deal with all the additives you have to add and pricey!

I bought the "kit" from Athena in February and still has about 1/3 left.

Stokes

Stokes

I strongly suggest switching over to advanced nutrients ph perfect if simplicity is what you desire. Ph is self adjusting (within reason) and has calmag in there. The only thing needed is silica. Are you buffering your coco? I always rinse and buffer regardless of what it says on bag.

Ive seen absolute lunkers grown with plant magic tho. As mentioned the lucas formula is a great suggestion, i have no experience with it myself but have seen people get great success. I believe mega crop is low maintenance as well, but once again, no direct experience

Stokes

Stokes

Went from Advance to Athena Pro, best decision I made. Advanced was such a pain to deal with all the additives you have to add and pricey!

I bought the "kit" from Athena in February and still has about 1/3 left.

AN is pricey.

What all is included in athena? Looked on their site and didnt see it. If silica and calmag is in there i might give it a whirl

Ive heard about people burning the shit out of their plants with it.

MEGA956

MEGA956

AN is pricey.

What all is included in athena? Looked on their site and didnt see it. If silica and calmag is in there i might give it a whirl

Ive heard about people burning the shit out of their plants with it.

They have something called Balance, I believe that is the silica your talking about. It comes separate, though.

I start them at about 1.0 EC and work my way to 2.7 EC, they love it. Haven't had issues with "nute burn".

Last edited:
L

LaRosin

I strongly suggest switching over to advanced nutrients ph perfect if simplicity is what you desire. Ph is self adjusting (within reason) and has calmag in there. The only thing needed is silica. Are you buffering your coco? I always rinse and buffer regardless of what it says on bag.

Ive seen absolute lunkers grown with plant magic tho. As mentioned the lucas formula is a great suggestion, i have no experience with it myself but have seen people get great success. I believe mega crop is low maintenance as well, but once again, no direct experience
Hello! As a fellow cultivator, I’ve recently made the switch from using Athenas products to a company called “Hydroponic Research”, and the results have been extraordinary. Take a look at these photos as evidence of the outstanding outcomes I’ve achieved. I had the opportunity to speak with the owner of the company at a trade show, and his passion for the products was truly inspiring. He consistently strives to develop and enhance new products, which further adds to their appeal. I thought it would be great to share this positive experience with this company.

356816449 991615818919144 2357437237423092458 n
356419630 314681290997200 6242041569332584990 n
Top Bottom