Chasing Unicorns ( Legendary Blue Orca Cuts And Other Heirlooms And Landrace Strains )

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shaganja

shaganja

That's why I like 1 big bed. It's literally like having 1 huge plant.
been thinking on this. read an article stating trees and plants communicate with each other, and even help each other using their roots. older plants will help the younger ones and so on. you might be creating more of a family structure by having them in same soil. love this idea!

Terpz719

Terpz719

been thinking on this. read an article stating trees and plants communicate with each other, and even help each other using their roots. older plants will help the younger ones and so on. you might be creating more of a family structure by having them in same soil. love this idea!
Sorry I don't recall the source, but I had read a study, specifically done with cannabis, comparing plants grown in individual pots to ones grown in communal beds. The plants grown in communal beds were healthier and yielded more than the individual plants. I think they used clones to make it a fair comparison. It's a growing technique I hope to try one of these rounds.

Minitiger

Minitiger

It doesn’t have anything to do with the plants, it’s the soil. Or rather, the amount of soil. Specifically, the life in the soil. The larger the bed, the greater amount of life there is. Fungal strands grow miles long (they’ve found fungal strands ten feet long in a tablespoon of soil, just to give you an idea). Bacteria thrives. And a whole hell of a lot of their things going on, as well.

I’ll be switching to no-til at some point, just a matter of time. If you’re interested, check out the no-til thread posted by Mofo at grasscity.

shaganja

shaganja

It doesn’t have anything to do with the plants, it’s the soil. Or rather, the amount of soil. Specifically, the life in the soil. The larger the bed, the greater amount of life there is. Fungal strands grow miles long (they’ve found fungal strands ten feet long in a tablespoon of soil, just to give you an idea). Bacteria thrives. And a whole hell of a lot of their things going on, as well.

I’ll be switching to no-til at some point, just a matter of time. If you’re interested, check out the no-til thread posted by Mofo at grasscity.

The roots of plants really do send nutrients to other plants using fungus. Google it. I don't know to link stuff here. Plants DO talk to and help other plants. They are alive beings that do communicate and help each other. They're are tests you can do yourself to prove this method. Just put three plants together in a bed, and compare them to three separate ones in separate pots. In same circumstances of course.

Minitiger

Minitiger

The roots of plants really do send nutrients to other plants using fungus. Google it. I don't know to link stuff here. Plants DO talk to and help other plants. They are alive beings that do communicate and help each other. They're are tests you can do yourself to prove this method. Just put three plants together in a bed, and compare them to three separate ones in separate pots. In same circumstances of course.

Actually, fungus sends nutrients to the roots. They’re called mycorrhizae. Whether it be one plant or a million plants, it’s the mycorrhizae. Hence what I said about bigger beds. More soil means more space for beneficial fungus, bacteria etc etc which means better, healthier plants and better weed.

It’s not the roots of the plants sending “nutrients” to other plants. It’s the fungus and bacteria and shit that attach themselves to the roots, forming a symbiotic relationship between the roots, soil and biology. Of course, if your soil is lacking, your plants will be lacking.

shaganja

shaganja

Actually, fungus sends nutrients to the roots. They’re called mycorrhizae. Whether it be one plant or a million plants, it’s the mycorrhizae. Hence what I said about bigger beds. More soil means more space for beneficial fungus, bacteria etc etc which means better, healthier plants and better weed.

It’s not the roots of the plants sending “nutrients” to other plants. It’s the fungus and bacteria and shit that attach themselves to the roots, forming a symbiotic relationship between the roots, soil and biology. Of course, if your soil is lacking, your plants will be lacking.
Maybe word nutrients is wrong. So vocabulary issue, but still does not mean there are no mother trees and families of plants on our earth. These older plants take care of other plants around them. This is what families do. Yes! Fungus...mycorriza... the highway of communication between plants! So yes you are right, but you are incorrect to assume plants do not take care of each other. I don't know how else to explain it to you. You still can fact check this. It is real. Animals have compassion between species. Elephants carrying a lion mother's kitten to water...etc..Plants are alive and have compassion for each other, just like animals. They love each other. Just like this plant we love so much. She loves us too! Or else she wouldn't take care of us like she is so famous for! Humans aren't the only species with this abliity. Imho, when all of humanity understands this, we will jump in evolution.

Minitiger

Minitiger

Maybe word nutrients is wrong. So vocabulary issue, but still does not mean there are no mother trees and families of plants on our earth. These older plants take care of other plants around them. This is what families do. Yes! Fungus...mycorriza... the highway of communication between plants! So yes you are right, but you are incorrect to assume plants do not take care of each other. I don't know how else to explain it to you. You still can fact check this. It is real. Animals have compassion between species. Elephants carrying a lion mother's kitten to water...etc..Plants are alive and have compassion for each other, just like animals. They love each other. Just like this plant we love so much. She loves us too! Or else she wouldn't take care of us like she is so famous for! Humans aren't the only species with this abliity. Imho, when all of humanity understands this, we will jump in evolution.

Okay, sure. But then how would you explain no-til setups, where plants are, uh, planted, harvested, chopped down and then new plants are inserted? There aren’t any older plants to “take care of” younger plants.Dude, seriously, I appreciate your “magical, mystical” outlook, but seriously, it’s all in the dirt. No mysticism behind it. It’s science.

By your rationale, you’d have to have older plants in your garden beds “taking care of” clones or whatever that you transplanted into said beds. Which isn’t how weed growing works. Seriously, it’s in the dirt. Check out that thread. And any of the myriad books on this subject.

shaganja

shaganja

trees are alive. thats not mysticism. thats real. trees communicate with each other. also real. ask science, if you dont believe me. not mysticism. they also take care of each other. again, you dont have to believe me. ask science. this isnt opinion. its fact. check it.
even further, just having plants together in a bed versus single pots has been studied too. better results when placed in beds together. as soon as they are put together, they communicate using these fugal pathways. a plant can eat a housefly, but you think they cant communicate? and if they can talk to each other, this means they care for each another. cause you dont talk to those you dont like. so its common sense also.

J

Jimmyboyy

The one strain.
6F8BFF75 1B09 4A3E 8C64 6D4F4B5A92BC

Top Bottom