Cheap sources for online GALLONS of vaccume pump oil.

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Is it dark blue or light ?

I like the clear oil so I can see when it gets tinted from contaminants.

In the bottle its pretty dark but if you just use a small 200-250ml worth its not that dark..

You'll notice when its contaminated ;)

get a one way check valve between the pump and oven/chamber
zero back feed issues unless you buy a pos
for example :

fwiw

I much prefer the tried and true method of disconnecting my hose/s From my chamber when my pumps not running but that valve would work too i guess :D

Ive only back fed my line i think maybe 3 times in 2 or 3 years im not all that worried about it :O

^^ Accidents do happen but not with blue pump oil :)

@velocity im not really sure what your ranting to me about ive specifically stated DO NOT use Motor oil.. Use only rotary vane vaccum pump oil and mineral oil to flush the system. ( Not to be confused with spirits ) ;)

There are " Agents " in my pump oil but there all anti-agents.. like Anti-foaming anti-corrosive anti-Id have to look at the bottle...

Synthetic built for rotary vane pumps blah blah blah... :D

velocity

velocity

I know you said dont use motor oil dabbie, rant not towards you at all. It is more to those that think that anything they have on hand will work when it is not made for the application. You found a nice price on oil and in quanity which is a great thing. I know some may get into purging not know where to get oil at. Thanks for the link.

G

Gnostic

tractor supply co. "TSC" same product $13.88 no shipping not available at all stores. used by dairy industry

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
tractor supply co. "TSC" same product $13.88 no shipping not available at all stores. used by dairy industry

Yeah mine only carrys Mineral oil sadly :( But good find , there website will tell ya if they have any instock in your local chain :D

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

use motor oil. There's no reason to use vac pump oil.

Get an inline filter and change the oil often and the vac pump will last forever.
do not use motor oil, this is a compressor vac and should only use air compressor clear oil...you can go to any hardware/car parts store and ask for oil for your air compressor, they usually have 5 gal jugs of it if you need...

the difference in compressor oil and motor oil, or other oils for that fact is that oil made for compressors is (sulphite or phospgorous i think) free, leading to a longer life of the pump and oil, other oils will break doqn and leave residue in the internals of the pump....best is synthetic oil from a refergation supplier, or from mechanics parts store for air compressor oil... grade 40 is the best

here is a link http://www.air-compressor-guide.com/learn/air-compressor-parts/air-compressor-oil/

a vacuum compressor is the same as an air compressor, just one blows and the other sucks...same concept though

Last edited:
Top Bottom