Cheap way to cover a parquet floor to protect from water

• Thread starter Tesla666
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tesla666

Tesla666

Hello.

Im bulding a new small grow room 2 units of 1.5x1.5 meter trays. My rooms floor is parquet, bad experiences with humidity in the wood when i have my old grow tent Direct over the wood.

Just want cheap ideas to cover a zone of aprox 3x2.5 meters. I talk in metric system.

Maybe just a white plastic or some vinílic cover? What do u think.

Thank u

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say a large piece of plastic sheeting.

stickyfingers1

stickyfingers1

Construction moisture barrier. you can buy it in thicker mm sizes than every day types of plastic and its a lot more durable. it also lays down flat and stays down instead of bunching up every time you walk on it

fishbuds

fishbuds

Buy thick pond liner. protects entire rooms or just small areas. they will cut it to whatever size you need.

Tesla666

Tesla666

Heavy Duty tarps? I can't think of a cheaper way.
Think thats the best and easiest idea what do u think folks.

Screenshot 2021 07 15 13 01 42 793 comamazonmShopandroidshopping

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

I would elevate the grow beds or what ever not letting anything more then a table leg to touch that wood floor. Or you may end up replacing the floor. Some of the parquet floors are really sensitive to moisture. When one tile expands it ruins the tiles next to it.Hard to replace just one or two. You find that the new one doesn't fit the old spot. I was looking at new wood flooring. Any kind really and the info sheet says you have to keep the house temperature and humiidty controlled always and forever. In reality it's not really quite that bad, but thats what the manufactures demand.

F

frogyrogy

Before you cover your floor keep in mind that moisture may come from other sources than your grow. Are you in a humid environment or dry desert? Is your floor over a damp crawl space? Existing moisture barriers? Does a bathtub/sink or shower share a wall with your grow room? Sometimes existing moisture sources aren't a problem when there is conditioned air flow over the surface and adequate air exchange, cut off the way out for that moisture and things start to happen. Hardwood type floors don't do very well if you have any moisture at all without at least some ventilation to prevent mold and mildew.

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Absolutly and I would add that if your renting prepare to pay dearly for damages, and if it's your house you probably wanted to update your flooring anyway.

Tesla666

Tesla666

Absolutly and I would add that if your renting prepare to pay dearly for damages, and if it's your house you probably wanted to update your flooring anyway.
Its my home years growing in this room with tent and trays

Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Its my home years growing in this room with tent and trays
Your fortunate, in my experience they swell and push on the neighboring tiles, it changes the size and shape. When I tried to replace just one or a few the new tiles didn't fit. They were either too big or too small. I had my tiles on top of a terrazzo floor, maybe a wood subfloor would have allowed it to dry out before they expanded. This is just my experience and I offered because you were asking. and you were asking because you were thinking there may be a problem.

Top Bottom