cheapest lights

• Thread starter captainkip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

captainkip

I am looking for lights that i could use that would grow 1-4 plants for about 100$ anybody know of any? or am i being too cheap and needing to save up a few months?

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

This past spring at a local electrical supply house there were 400 watt MH fixture , lamp at $69.99 these were for temp lighting for custruction sites. You could call around to some of these places. Some might not sell to people off the street but most will. Peace

C

captainkip

This past spring at a local electrical supply house there were 400 watt MH fixture , lamp at $69.99 these were for temp lighting for custruction sites. You could call around to some of these places. Some might not sell to people off the street but most will. Peace
actually ive seen 1000 watt mh fixtures for 50$ on ebay but they get massive hot and its already usually pretty hot in my grow room i would need something that doesnt run so hot and doesnt take so much electricity

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
actually ive seen 1000 watt mh fixtures for 50$ on ebay but they get massive hot and its already usually pretty hot in my grow room i would need something that doesnt run so hot and doesnt take so much electricity

i would go with the GroLux 600 or 400 will do great for you! and not very expensive:yes

L

LionVibez

HTGsupply.com has some relatively cheap lights that will grow u at least 1-4 plants....

C

calibob

HTG cheapest prices around, not the best but cheap. Service has been real good with those guys.

B

Beeronymous

get some track lighting and saw the bars in half.then put 150 watt light bulbs in there....ahahahaha MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

Mox

I would go with 400W Ceramic Metal Halide at least for grow. I havn't used them in bud. I have heard mixed results but from what I have read they don't work as well as HPS for bud. If you get a 400W HPS and a magnetic ballast you would just have to switch the bulbs out and that would be pretty cheap. They run about $50 for CMH bulbs:

I would save up to get good bulbs, get the hood and ballast used if you can. The bulbs will run $100 or so for both. Lighting is one of the main things plants need, you should give them good light as step #1. Or get a cheap 400W HPS kit like recommended by the others here and get the CMH bulb at a later time.

C

captainkip

HTG cheapest prices around, not the best but cheap. Service has been real good with those guys.

i was comparing with insidesun and insidesun is cheaper if you didnt know [= actually htg is a little bit cheaper in the fluorescent department which is where i may go

S

shortylo959

Yo go to ebay type grow lights and look you will see 400 watt mh/hps swithable comes with both lights for 155.00 free shipping i have two and work grate you i bought 2

M

MOROCO BLAKK

HTG got good prices i used them when i first started when my chips where low and didnt wanna blow alot of money being inexperienced

H

hookahma

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebay

I found my cheap lights on eeeeeeeeeeeeeeebay....

(Great, now I've got that song in my head.)

S

shdowlkr

bought my 250hps from e-conolight.com.
pretty cheap, just takes a little wiring to make it remote ballast
Bulbs there are pretty inexpensive too.

D

Denny Crane

Dude, If you call around to some demolition companies (look under construction contractors). You can buy both MH and HPS complete lights for around $40 apiece. I bought 4 MH and 4 HPS 400w lights for $300 (Bulbs and passable reflectors incl) Tell them you wanna boost security on your property due to recent break ins.
You wanna look for the interior high bay lights, or any lighting people work under, they'll be 400w MH lights, and most external security/parking lights are gonna be HPS, either 400w or 1K.

With just a bit of thought and a modicum of ingenuity and presto, you got remote ballast lights. :sun

C

captainkip

Dude, If you call around to some demolition companies (look under construction contractors). You can buy both MH and HPS complete lights for around $40 apiece. I bought 4 MH and 4 HPS 400w lights for $300 (Bulbs and passable reflectors incl) Tell them you wanna boost security on your property due to recent break ins.
You wanna look for the interior high bay lights, or any lighting people work under, they'll be 400w MH lights, and most external security/parking lights are gonna be HPS, either 400w or 1K.

With just a bit of thought and a modicum of ingenuity and presto, you got remote ballast lights. :sun
thanks seen some 1000w mh lights on ebay for like 50$ but wasn't 100% sure if i should get them

T

themist

Watch out for assembly's. I almost bought a light like that, then I realized it was only the guts of the ballast. All these guys are right, though. Ebay is probably your best bet. And, IME, those construction lights are super hot.

C

captainkip

Watch out for assembly's. I almost bought a light like that, then I realized it was only the guts of the ballast. All these guys are right, though. Ebay is probably your best bet. And, IME, those construction lights are super hot.
lol yeah i know the construction lights are really hot i've used them for construction jobs which is mainly why i didnt want to use them plus cfl just seems like a better choice for me they don't run too hot and they're pretty efficient

Y

Yiyo Sweets

i would not go with inside sun. i had horrible experience with those guys. packaging was super hydo blatant, shipped me the wrong spectrum bulbs, poor customer service. called and spoke to the owner, and after spending over 500 bucks with these guys it still took you over a month and a half to reship bulbs? one of which was broken when it got to me? i was like fuck it, didnt even bother with gettin a refund, just figured i would warn against. i dont know if negative reviews are ok on this forum, just wanted to share my experience.

G

genEric

Doh!

Holy crap it's either really late, I'm really tired, or this NL#1 broke my brain cuz I just replied to a two year old thread :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've got a barn full of 400w MH high-bay commercial lights. Made by GE- extremely well-made.

The reflector isn't perfect but for our use I've modified a few into a half-assed bat-wing sort of thing. I throw a 12' grounded cord on em, detail clean 'em, and sell em for $100. That includes a used 400W MH bulb, ballast, integral hanging hook, 12' cord, aluminum reflector, and lens (not used- good for when transporting though) and a brand new PlantMax 360 HPS Conversion bulb for $100. Folks are eatin' 'em up!

Need a little more headroom with them due to the ballast box being on top but they are easily remoted. We hang a few bare-bulbed between plants in the flowering room.

A shop owner actually paid us to take them down and haul them away. Sold six to some of the workers at the shop we pulled them from as we were loading the trailer lol!

Lots of great ideas in this thread. If you're resourceful (and if you're not you ought to be!) there are some good deals out there.

Best of luck to you!

Peace,

-genEric

Top Bottom