Check ballast connections and cords regularly

• Thread starter Justlovetogrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Well long story short my ballast cord wasn’t connected properly must have bumped it or something well i walks out to the shed smells a horrible burnt wire smell thought the joint was on fire started checking all my cords and the cord was that hot I had to put it straight down well my ballast wasn’t plugged in properly causing arcing I suppose Fkn lucky a real eye opener for me that’s for sure my grow style has become a tad lazy over the last couple of yrs and this was the close call I needed to get my shit together😂 hard to c but the inside of the ballast actually smouldered was black around the outside indicating smoke I put this on here to remind others to check your connections regularly like I will be doin in the future electricity is no joke👍

Check ballast connections and cords regularly
Check ballast connections and cords regularly 2
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Guess it's time to check the smoke alarms.
It’s in the Shed Ponky so no smoke alarms out there mate prob should put 1 in 😂 and it’s on a different circuit breaker to my house so didn’t trip the house power only the garage just didn’t trip fast enough must of happened right before I walked in as everything was hot and there was no condensation in my tent as fans n lights dehuy stopped working obviously spun me out though had a lot of shit happen in grows never close to a fire gunna be all over it from now on that’s for sure👍

Ponky

Ponky

Well the fates smiled on you. Hard to explain the burning shed. And yeah. We all need to up out fire safety game. And clean our lint traps. Get fire extinguishers. And while we are at it change the wax seals on the toilets. They're due once every 8 years.
(Transformation into Hank Hill 98% complete)

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Nice save. What varieties have you got going and did you Scrog? Bit hard to tell
Hey mate not really a save just bloody lucky yea I scrog 1 side n not the other should of flipped a bit earlier but ahwell gotta jungle happening now 😂 I got these beans from a member here 1 is supposed to be gg4xgdp the other is ogkushxgg4

0AD847D6 7D8D 4105 AD34 D4E268EA11A6
0903F338 3A0F 4A93 9C8F E43B4A293E94
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Scrog on first pic was july18th day before I cleaned em up and flipped em second pic today

06365812 16B8 41E1 84F3 992BD3048CC9
CDA02C62 D689 4887 9210 0643F92730C6
KingKobi

KingKobi

Hey mate not really a save just bloody lucky yea I scrog 1 side n not the other should of flipped a bit earlier but ahwell gotta jungle happening now 😂 I got these beans from a member here 1 is supposed to be gg4xgdp the other is ogkushxgg4
Got that Glue frost happening man. I bet it stinks

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Got that Glue frost happening man. I bet it stinks
Yea it does mate I’ve got another carbon filter n fan to go up on the other side of the tent if 1 can’t keep up can’t have it stinking the joint up I’ve got a 12 inch hyper fan and 1m long carbon filter from way back il crank that up in me shed to if I have to😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom