Check it out! Newbie Progress

• Thread starter MrGood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrGood

MrGood

Hey!
Just showing some progress on a plant I came here for help with earlier on in the year. I vegged for 5 months and then flipped into flower slowly by decreasing the light cycle by an hour each day to 12/12.
Im running Fox Farm soil and Nutrients Trio with a 1000w bloomspect led. I transplanted from a 3 gal to a 5 gal fabric pot 2 weeks before starting the decrease in lighting as to give her time to settle in. Currently on day 18 of flower 🌹
Unfortunately it’s a hermaphrodite 😭😭 but not because of anything I did. It was a bag seed so I expected it was going to be a herm anyways. So I go in everyday and remove what appears to be bananas/balls if any have it.

Check it out newbie progress
Check it out newbie progress 2
Check it out newbie progress 3
Check it out newbie progress 4
Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Well, you trained it right, too bad about the herm traits. If it is your only plant, you can get away without pollinating anything, except itself potentially. But if you have other plants, its not uncommon for a few balls to slip passed the diligent guard of a Gardner. They can hide and then wind up pollinating your other plants.

Have you done the slow reduction of hours to 12 /12 before? I'm not familiar with the benefits of that approach. I like the hard line of a one day flip, give the plant no room for confusion.

MrGood

MrGood

Well, you trained it right, too bad about the herm traits. If it is your only plant, you can get away without pollinating anything, except itself potentially. But if you have other plants, its not uncommon for a few balls to slip passed the diligent guard of a Gardner. They can hide and then wind up pollinating your other plants.

Have you done the slow reduction of hours to 12 /12 before? I'm not familiar with the benefits of that approach. I like the hard line of a one day flip, give the plant no room for confusion.
I have never done the slow reduction in hours this was literally the first test run for many more to come. I honestly just been listening to podcast. But the “science” behind the light reduction is your basically mimicking nature in a way to tell the plant it’s time to flower versus a hard 12/12 next day timer

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Interesting, I see what you are getting at there. It would be interesting if you were in a big room to put your lights on a light mover and have it mimic the east to west path of the sun while doing the reductive timing.

MrGood

MrGood

Interesting, I see what you are getting at there. It would be interesting if you were in a big room to put your lights on a light mover and have it mimic the east to west path of the sun while doing the reductive timing.
Now that sounds like an amazing future project my friend 💯😂 it would probably have a dope affect honestly

Top Bottom