Check my math, please. First baby steps

• Thread starter Shadowfax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Se7en07_Exotics

Se7en07_Exotics

I don't think 1lb will fit in a 2 x 2. I can't even visualize that. 4oz/sqft I would have to call bs on that.
Who said anything about 1lb in a 2x2? Reread what I was referring too... I was talking about the setup that MIGrampa was talking about in a 2x4 tent...

S

Shadowfax

With the Northern Lights/Skunk, is a inline carbon filtration filter necessary? I'm thinking probably yes

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

I’d pop one seed at a time and low stress train the plant, get those branches to stay low, and incorporate a trellis net or two. I don’t bother trying to stuff more than one plant in a 2x2 anymore. A seven gallon pot is pretty big you will definitely have to stay on top of training your branches down. Don’t let her get too tall a five foot ceiling is more like a three foot area to work with, because you’re loosing a foot above for your light and a foot below for your container. It can be done though, I regularly get 3-6 ounces in a 2x2x4 with a 100-150 watt LED.
A7C2359A 5398 4F6C 984C 3166D4CFC98B
Here’s my current grow using a two gallon fabric pot.

S

Shadowfax

So far so good — day 18 in the tent.
To my eye they look pretty good. What do you folks think?
Am trying to avoid overwatering.
Just hit ‘em with de on the topsoil as my soil had gnats— they are not too heavy, and gnats don’t seem to bother the plants. Are they a danger?

Am at 16 inches with the xs 1000 at full power. 120watts.

Am wondering if it’s too early to start taking leaves from the under canopy that aren’t really getting good light. And am considering cutting back the plastic sides a bit for air flow and undercarriage light penetration. Thoughts?

Oh. And my tap ph is 8.6 and tds is 230. Took my coffe pot leftovers and brought ph down to 7.3– doing this, and letting sit for 24 hours before using should be okay right? What ph should I shoot for for watering?

Any other tips and tricks?

Temp ranges 76-84 f Humidity between 50-65.

Thanks Farmers.

70518B1A 43D5 4D56 95DC 99877D8204E3
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Gnats usually come out of your soil. If they are fungus gnats, your root system could be in jeopardy. I would use an OMRI certified antifungal product like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VXQG23O?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Also, do your best not to water the plant. Only water the soil. The water droplets on your leafy green can become a source of problems in an indoor grow.

Otherwise, you're off to a good start. I do have a few questions though ... it looks like your pots are only about 2/3 full. Is there a reason for that? See the fan leafs against the inside wall of the pot? You'll want to fix that. They shouldn't be touching anything. I fill my pots almost completely to the top. The roots like to grow deep so you really want to give them some "leg room."

My second question is please tell us more about your grow. For example, the type of soil, your watering practices, your lighting and the environment inside your tent. (Temp and RH, etc). The more we know about your grow, the easier it is to help you with the adjustments. Your plants are basically healthy but a few tweaks are needed.

S

Shadowfax

Temp range 75-83, humidity 50-62%, try to water when pots feel light-probably did not add enough perlite. Is a mix of ff happy frog, ocean at bottom. And some of my compost.
Have been using bottles spring water but want to switch to ph Corrected tap. Light is 18-6

Have three gallon fabric pots. Should I transplant now? I guess I can cut away areas of pot that are impeding sideways growth?Or because this is a micro grow— take them to the finish in these pots? Would like a yield of 2 ounces.

S

Shadowfax

Transplanted today into fabric 3 gallon pots. DAY 20 since sprouting. They have come far.

My dirt needed more vermiculite and that was amended, also added more of my compost , a few handfuls of peat and some mycohorrizae booster to bottom. Was interesting to see that the roots were all over the pot bottoms. They will have some more earth to root into and that makes me glad. And adding vermiculite was real important. added happy frog but needed to also add a bit of potting soil, non-miracle-grow was added reluctantly --sad face

By the way, saw an earthworm in my compost/happy frog mix, that's gotta be a great thing in terms of natural.

How would I train now, or is still too early, I think I may have 4 nodes a plant. LST I'd like to do, I would love to keep them short as my 2x2 x 5 tent is small. within a week, I am thinking it'll be time to fim or top, right? MY GOAL is 2-3 ounces, to last me alone a year or two. I don't need, or want, lots of flower; but I also want to do my best by the girls.

AIMING for late OCTOBER HARVEST: please weigh in with advice that will help me achieve these modest goals, thanks so much

Assuming transplanting is stressful, which I am sure it is--do I need to decrease light time or intensity for a bit, or water sooner rather than later--now that they've been stressed?

I sterilized the tent with Lysol-spray while the girls were at transplant, and sucked up 2 gnats with my vacuum hose--saw no others. I enjoy gardening very much.

F853C374 3361 4615 81BD 039E516510C1
F294BDAD 4355 4615 8A3E 0CF6A69EE7DA
Top Bottom