check out these crazy spinning lights!!

• Thread starter biggs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shdowlkr

I have not heard good things of them. 1 grower I know uses them feels they are nothing more then hype. But since he got them for a steal from the hydro store he was using them.

I have to agree in a way.
A good reflector and/or running the bulb vertical would be a much better distribution of light (and way less chance of a smack in the head)

yezmar420

yezmar420

They are a piece of crap and have been around for a while...all the local stores around here that used to carry them don't any longer...

thinman

thinman

if i had already bought the system, i would use a reostat controller to slow them down to a snail's pace. my first light mover was a sun circle which made a great improvement over fixed position lights. the movement really excites the plants. my redisigned flower room is more rectangular so i switched to the lightrail system. very pleased with the results. i don't know what the high speed rotation is supposed to do---the video wouldn't work right on my computer--- but it looks ridiculous.

B

been

i don't know what the high speed rotation is supposed to do---the video wouldn't work right on my computer--- but it looks ridiculous.
The spinning action serves 2 purposes. First, the movement keeps the bulbs cool and prevents heat-pockets from forming. Growrooms with these systems do not need any sort of a/c or bulb cooling. Standard room ventilation keeps room temperature around 74*F constantly.

A second advantage..... penetration blah.

:rofl Forget the fact that you're going to need a huge a/c to control the room cuz this system keep the bulbs cool. :rofl

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I dont trust myself and see it hurting ME>.
Nice vid thanks for posting it.

L

Lost

I would be like the guy at 1:55 thats gets whacked in the head by the damn thing. Totally.. Looks like a good way to wake up on the floor of my grow room wondering how the hell I got there..

S

shift00420

just my 2 cents but fad or no fad, its progression and thats what gives us all the products we have today.id give it a shot though.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I would be like the guy at 1:55 thats gets whacked in the head by the damn thing. Totally.. Looks like a good way to wake up on the floor of my grow room wondering how the hell I got there..

I thought I was the only one afraid of a good crack in the head.lmao

another_sellout

another_sellout

The bulbs are what are worth a shit. True digital bulbs push more light in the spectrum you choose. Spinners are like the rims of the same name. Fun to look at, but a waste of funds.

G

greenplanetguru

Wow...

Geeez...

That is crazy... It makes the grow room look like the midway rides at the county fair! My luck I'd bend down to do something and stand up too close to the thing and WHAM! :icon_dizzy:

Thinman has a good idea... slow them WAY down and use it as a light mover with a 1K hps...

Wow!:cool

Top Bottom