Cheesedog Grow Journal - 1st Time Medical

• Thread starter Chief Bigsmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Day 41 - What do I feed for the remaining 20-30 days?

• 100% plain RO water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 week of Molasses then RO

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 2 weeks of Molasses then RO

• 1 week of light bloom nutes+molasses then RO

• Clearex Flush then RO

• 1 week of molasses then Clearex flush then RO

• 2 weeks of molasses then Clearex flush then RO

• 1 week of nutes+molasses then Clearex flush then RO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

Chief Bigsmoke

pheno look alike

While reviewing my photos. This picture of one of the Cheese phenos reminded me of the example the breeders gave. See photos below. Of course it is a bit too early to tell. :P

Sept20cheesedogs 004
Index
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Photo Update

:clapping:clapping:clapping:clapping:clapping

Day 33 of 12/12

MM MMM CHEESIE GOODNESS..... Them smell is an intoxicating sweet musky chem.

Sept 23 007
Sept 23 001
Sept 23 004
Sept 23 006
Sept 23 009
Sept 23 011
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Photo Update

Day 37 of 12/12

Cheesedogs are gettin' stanky. Carbon filters are now running 24/7. Happy days.

Tahoes are filling in nicely. One really piney and the other a normal og smell.

Note: Next cycle I need to add some peat moss and perhaps a bit of pine needles to lower the pH of my soil. Currently my soil is around 7, so I have issues with iron and Mn deficiencies. Not too intense for a first timer.

Sept 27th 006
Sept 27th 007
Sept 27th 008
Sept 27th 017
Sept 27th 018
Sept 27th 020
Sept 27th 023
Sept 27th 025
Sept 27th 028
Sept 27th 031
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Photo update

Day 39 of 12/12

Cheesedogs and Tahoe OG's

Thank you again for following along. We are 2-4 weeks away from completing my first attempt. Not too bad so far. Fingers crossed :)

Last photo is of the new Cheesedog Mom. CD3

:banana1sv6:

Quick Question:

Should I add any extra nutrients in these final weeks?

I plan to feed them some Bud Candy and plain Reverse Osmosis. Then plain RO water for the final week.

:rauch08:

Sept 29th 016
Sept 29th 020
Sept 29th 024
Sept 29th 027
Sept 29th 030
Sept 29th 031
Sept 29th 036
Sept 29thh 003
Builtaforest

Builtaforest

Sounds like a decent plan to me Chief... didn't know you we're into big chicks, so many chunky bitches chillin in your room haha... Wouldn't add anything extra to the lineup, molasses + water does the job and seems like you got it covered. I like a full 14 days myself. Good luck man, can't you taste them already :rauch08:

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Sugar Question

Sounds like a decent plan to me Chief... didn't know you we're into big chicks, so many chunky bitches chillin in your room haha... Wouldn't add anything extra to the lineup, molasses + water does the job and seems like you got it covered. I like a full 14 days myself. Good luck man, can't you taste them already :rauch08:

haha I had no idea I had a fat fetish. ha I will gives these kind ladies some sweet water for the final weeks.

Do you prefer blackstrap molasses to products like bud candy?

I used bud candy this round for the ease of mixing nutrients.

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Made with Real Canadian Cheddar

Doesn't this bud look like it made with real CHEESE ? haha The pistils even dry a Cheddar orange color as well. Delicious...

We are all one,

Chief

:hi

Sept 29th 016
aldus

aldus

Looking good man they should start getting real thick here shortly.

I would LST the hazes and maybe flip them about a foot or foot and a half tall. Should leave you with plants under 4ft.

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Looking good man they should start getting real thick here shortly.

I would LST the hazes and maybe flip them about a foot or foot and a half tall. Should leave you with plants under 4ft.

Awesome! That sounds like a perfect plan for my haze's. I'll try to flip them closer to a foot including heavy LST'ing. Having super squat Cheesedogs with tall Haze's will make it interesting for sure.

I am wondering if the Bushmaster application will halt a lot of the vertical growth of the Haze's? Since it works so well with the Cheesedogs. * I literally saw ZERO vertical growth after bushmaster. Just the buds got taller. :)

Thanks again for your support Aldus!

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Make sure you take the chance to vote at the top of the page. You have the option to choose more than one answer.

Thanks for your support,

Chief

C

Chief Bigsmoke

CD3 Chem pheno Photo Update

Day 43 of 12/12

The buds on CD3 are so much bigger than the others. They are very very firm. Out of all of them this pheno will finish well before the rest. I imagine this is the 8 week pheno. There are small buds of flowers bursting from the sides of each bud and the tops of the lower buds look like a volcano, that is erupting with new flower growth.

Enjoy!

Oct 3rd Part Deux 002
Oct 3rd Part Deux 003
Oct 3rd Part Deux 004
Oct 3rd Part Deux 005
Oct 3rd Part Deux 006
Oct 3rd Part Deux 007
Oct 3rd Part Deux 008
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Photo update

These photos are of a Tahoe (SFV ph) and the Cheese phenos that will probably go the 10 weeks. They smell a lot muskier and stronger than the chem pheno and they have a lot more trichome development.

Enjoy!

:anim_44:

Oct 3rd Part Deux 009
Oct 3rd Part Deux 010
Oct 3rd Part Deux 011
Oct 3rd Part Deux 012
Oct 3rd Part Deux 013
Oct 3rd Part Deux 014
Oct 3rd Part Deux 015
Oct 3rd Part Deux 016
Oct 3rd Part Deux 017
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Stairway to heaven

I call this photo stairway to heaven :P

Oct 3rd Part Deux 008
Z

zonama

Hey chief looks like everything is well. And oh those are fat, and looks like they're about to put on the real weight. Your first attempt is looking so good! I would keep feeding them like you said with your bud juice for the last weight explosion until the calyxes are pretty plump like really plump and the trichs to turn white, then RO till you get the really swollen amberish trichs, if you prefer the mostly amber that is. Thats what I'd do. Again great job.

How far along in your school are you? My friends sister went to Berkly and got degrees in I think soil science and organic sustainable Ag and who knows what else. If i ever get to go back to school its gonna be Horticulture, its such great knowledge.
I cant PM. If you PM me can I respond to yours? If so hit me up chief. Z

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Photo Update

Day 45 of 12/12

Melt in your mouth goodness right now.

CD3 the fat-quick pheno is pumping along nicely. The pistils are dying back and the disc cells are swelling and 80% of them are cloudy and through an amazing process they are being packed full of useful cannibinoids.

The other Cheesedog phenos are also making huge improvements. They smell stronger and they are totally caked with Trich's. I can't wait. They smell like a musky chem. Like a baby-bum cream smell. weird but accurate.

I have never seen or had the Exodus cheese but the 10 week phenos really look like Chem's sister. Most of the discs cells are still clear and I expect them to head into major production in the next few weeks.

Now I was also thinking a lot about finishing times. I was aiming for 20/30 amber trichs but if anyone notices that my plants may be OVER-MATURE please let me know. I'll have more chances with CD3 but I'de like to finish as strong as I can for my first round.

The last two photos are of CD4. The pheno that looks like Chems sister.

:fighting0040:

Oct 5th 009
Oct 5th 014
Oct 5th 018
Oct 5th 019
Oct 5th 023
Oct 5th 024
Oct 5th 027
Oct 5th 034
Oct 5th 045
Oct 5th 049
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Hey chief looks like everything is well. And oh those are fat, and looks like they're about to put on the real weight. Your first attempt is looking so good! I would keep feeding them like you said with your bud juice for the last weight explosion until the calyxes are pretty plump like really plump and the trichs to turn white, then RO till you get the really swollen amberish trichs, if you prefer the mostly amber that is. Thats what I'd do. Again great job.

How far along in your school are you? My friends sister went to Berkly and got degrees in I think soil science and organic sustainable Ag and who knows what else. If i ever get to go back to school its gonna be Horticulture, its such great knowledge.
I cant PM. If you PM me can I respond to yours? If so hit me up chief. Z

Thanks for all the support Zonama! Thanks for the reassurance in regards to the feeding schedule. I can't wait until I have a recipe for success and a couple cycles behind my belt.

This my second term at Uni. Last term I had 4 courses: two plant Identification course with lots of "fun" latin and scientific terminology. I also took a pest and disease management and an garden ecology course.
This term will be a bit more exciting I'll be taking 3 courses: Landscape design, Growing plants and Cultural practices. So far its really interesting. The world of plants is soooooo incredibly huge. It seems the more I know the more I don't know.

Much respect!

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Side by Side

Just a fun side by side examples of my Cheesedog pheno that resembles Chems sister. Nowhere as nice as this persons plant though. One day...

Oct 5th 045
22 122310chemssiter
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Soil Spiking

I received a good question from someone in the forums about spiking your soil. I never got too deep into it so I figured that I would share for everyone's enjoyment.

" Awesome buds man wish I could try that smoke, once I get my mother going and will be sticking clones in to 5g pots straight away and layering as you do , will also give the eggshells ago. I'm starting from seeds so I move up pots until I see preflowers. I don't know much about spiking had a quick look and saw it is mainly done on lawns. Would love to hear some more info and benefits of spiking your soil in containers , cheers broo "

If you're a med patient here in Canada you will be able to buy it from one of the Vancouver dispensaries in the future. Perhaps a year from now I'll be ready supply more than one patient.

Eggs shells are great. They are also 98% calcium carbonate so its an awesome supplementary source of Calcium. You can also use Oyster shells in the same manner. Both are great defense barriers against soft bodied pests as well.

Now for spiking. Spiking takes the concept of root exploration and adaptability to the next level. I learned the method through the REV from Skunk magazine. The goal is the create pockets of rich nutrients that microbial life can inhabit before the roots even have a chance to reach the spiked zones.

Now you mentioned quickly about "spiked" lawns, basically the concept of spiking isn't new. What the lawn spiking method entails is simply adding a commercial nutrient "spike" which is actually a short fertilizer stick that resembles a small 2"-3" long dowelling rod. Its simply just a way to fertilize your lawn without having to have a long-term feeding schedule. Just spike and forget.

Soil spikes are the same with some added bonuses. They also utilize filler ingredients. Since you can customize the spike to your liking. Once the roots start to grow they find these nutrient rich areas and they undergo explosive root growth and flower development. This method even works in small containers. I use 3 gallons.

Spiking is easy this is how you do it:

Use a doweling rod that is long enough to reach the base of the pot. Around 1/2 inch in diameter.
Create 4 small holes in a square pattern. Place the holes just outside the hole for the seedling/clone. So the spike has time to cook before the roots find them.

Fill the holes "loosily" with your custom spike recipe. Here is a recipe that I used last:

2 Teaspoons of Kelp Meal
1 Tablespoon of Earthworm Castings
2 Teaspoons of Coffee Grounds
2 Teaspoons of Alfalfa Meal
1 Tablespoon of High N Bat guano
1 Tablespoon of High P Bat guano
*Some people use bone and blood meals but I am against using them. Never us fine dolomite lime. Dense pockets will burn your plants.

Then one by one add the ingredients to the pre-spun holes. It's important to never mix all the ingredients together. Creating different zones with different pH's and living conditions favor your microbial life. Bacteria and Fungi thrive in different living conditions and its up to you as the grower to try and simulate their natural eco-system. Once you master this technique your soil will evolve from the plain monochromatic soil mixes into a TRUE LIVING SOIL.

Enjoy!

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Photo update

On the 48th day a monster loomed in the dark

Oct 8th 046
Oct 8th 018
Top Bottom