Chem D root issues...?

• Thread starter xX Kid Twist Xx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

Good luck Kid. Unfortunately once a plant is infected with Fusarium there is not much you can do about it. Just try to keep her as happy and healthy as possible and she might be able to limp along to the end of the season.

Fusarium sucks big time I lost a plant to it last year right around this time. Also are you near any vineyards? The fusarium can sometimes be a result of other, even more nasty pests, like phylloxera.

S

selfhemployed

Like I said, the mycostop is a great choice for you. It will slow it down enough for you to finish. If you order it on the internet make sure it ships refrigerated. I don't knowwhere you are but you might be able to find it locally. Again make sure it is chilled.

Lol people on this site seem to not listen unless the person has a huge post count or rep so I'll wait again for someone else more "qualified" to repeat what I said.

hope this helps you, I'd get on it asap. :afroweed:

S

selfhemployed

Here I'll go one further.

http://www.planetnatural.com/site/mycostop-fungicide.html

"Developed from a naturally occurring bacteria, Streptomyces griseoviridis, Mycostop Biological Fungicide thrives in the root zone of plants. When applied as a drench or spray the dried spores and mycelium of the Streptomyces culture in Mycostop germinate and begin to grow on and around the plant roots. In doing so they create a biological defense against root infecting pathogenic fungi which cause disease such as wilt and root rot. Mycostop is used by growers for diseases caused by Pythium, Fusarium, Botrytis, Alternaria, Phomopsis, and to a lesser extent for Rhizoctonia and Phytophthora. It has particularly good activity against Fusarium.

Mycostop has been shown to increase plant vigor and yields even in the absence of obvious root pathogen activity. The explanation is that the Streptomyces produce plant root stimulating hormones (which has been demonstrated in the lab) or the Streptomyces control minor root pathogens which slowly feed on and damage roots.

Use Mycostop for the treatment of seeds, transplants and established plants. For the treatment of small seedling production apply at a rate of 1 - 2 grams / 1000 sq. ft. For established plants at 1 - 3 grams / 500 sq. ft. OMRI Listed for use in organic production."

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yes mycostop has been suggested a bunch of times, i think i even metioned it in a post somewere. unfortunately i live on the east coast. so it would have to be shipped and there's no guarantee the can refrigerate it.

i apreciate your post and i do pay attention but i dont think its an option for me right now. Im just gonna chop it and move on. i just want it to last a week or 2 more.

Blaze

Blaze

I've not tried the mycostop myself but I would be skeptical of some of the claims made by the manufacturer. Fusarium is a major problem in many systems of agriculture so if this stuff worked as well as they claimed, why have the big multi billion dollar companies not switched over to it?

According to a study done by the Centre of Competence for the Innovation in the Agro-environmental Sector in Italy found that:

"The biofungicide (mycostop) was very effective against Fusarium oxysporum f.sp. lycopersici and Verticillium dahliae in 2002 in artificially infested soils; however, in 2001 there was no statistically significant reduction of the vascular wilts compared to the control. The bacterial antagonist was not effective against Fusarium crown and root rot caused by F. oxysporum f.sp. radicis-lycopersici, when applied alone, but was less effective when applied with S. griseoviridis. Soil solarization provided good control of V. dahliae and F. oxysporum f.sp. lycopersici, but was also slightly less effective when combined with S. griseoviridis. A significant increase in fruit mass and a higher yield m−2 was recorded when solarization and the biofungicide were applied together in 2001. This indicated there may be a potential additive effect of the commercial biofungicide and solarization in increasing tomato yield; however, it was not consistent and generally not significantly different from the inoculated control."

The Ohio State Agriculture Research and Development Center found that "mycostop's efficacy for control of grape diseases has not been demonstrated."

Research conducted by Simon Fraiser University in British Colombia found that mycostop reduced the severity of some diseases in cucumbers, but found that mycostop "did not provide protection from (Fusarium) infection in these experiments." It was found to be effective against controlling Pythium however.

You need to remember that info coming from the company that makes these products is worthless - they are out to sell their product and will make wild claims to do so. It is always best to get your info from a non-biased scientific source. IMO the jury is still out on wether mycostop will do anything again Fusarium but most of the real science done on it at this point has found that against Fusarium it doesn't seem to do much.

S

selfhemployed

I've not tried the mycostop myself but I would be skeptical of some of the claims made by the manufacturer. Fusarium is a major problem in many systems of agriculture so if this stuff worked as well as they claimed, why have the big multi billion dollar companies not switched over to it?

According to a study done by the Centre of Competence for the Innovation in the Agro-environmental Sector in Italy found that:

"The biofungicide (mycostop) was very effective against Fusarium oxysporum f.sp. lycopersici and Verticillium dahliae in 2002 in artificially infested soils; however, in 2001 there was no statistically significant reduction of the vascular wilts compared to the control. The bacterial antagonist was not effective against Fusarium crown and root rot caused by F. oxysporum f.sp. radicis-lycopersici, when applied alone, but was less effective when applied with S. griseoviridis. Soil solarization provided good control of V. dahliae and F. oxysporum f.sp. lycopersici, but was also slightly less effective when combined with S. griseoviridis. A significant increase in fruit mass and a higher yield m−2 was recorded when solarization and the biofungicide were applied together in 2001. This indicated there may be a potential additive effect of the commercial biofungicide and solarization in increasing tomato yield; however, it was not consistent and generally not significantly different from the inoculated control."

The Ohio State Agriculture Research and Development Center found that "mycostop's efficacy for control of grape diseases has not been demonstrated."

Research conducted by Simon Fraiser University in British Colombia found that mycostop reduced the severity of some diseases in cucumbers, but found that mycostop "did not provide protection from (Fusarium) infection in these experiments." It was found to be effective against controlling Pythium however.

You need to remember that info coming from the company that makes these products is worthless - they are out to sell their product and will make wild claims to do so. It is always best to get your info from a non-biased scientific source. IMO the jury is still out on wether mycostop will do anything again Fusarium but most of the real science done on it at this point has found that against Fusarium it doesn't seem to do much.

My endorsment of this product didn't come from the packaging from the company. I've seen mycostop work first hand. The BIG boys (humboldtlocal, nomaad etc) are using mycostop to battle pathogens on a MASSIVE scale and it's working for them.

Blaze

Blaze

Well if you read the study it does work for certain pathogens but for fusarium it's effectiveness is questionable. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but one should always be skeptical of unsubstantiated product claims.

Top Bottom