Chem Ds1 TMV?

• Thread starter Dubwobble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dubwobble

One of my Chemdog D s1's first real leaves were all mottled and mozaic'd looking and wierd.

I just read about TMV here:
http://healthyhomegardening.com/Disease.php?pid=15

Looks like my / CC's Chem Ds1 may have TMV.

Should I toss it?

Should I clean my room and throw out the clones I took from her?

Chem_D_s1_possible_TMV_Close.jpg

Chem_D_s1_possible_TMV.jpg

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
what medium are they in? tmv is in some of the clone only strains, its just life. i wouldnt worry about spreading it to other plants, just don't use the same razor to cut clones from it then use them on other plants. from the pics its hard to tell really could just be a deficiency? also i don't think TMV is an easy diagnosis, and i think i remember reading the Cali connection was working with a TMV free Chemdog D cut.

D

Dubwobble

This is from Cali Connection s1 seeds.

I heard they have the problem too.

Zoom in on the pics. Don't think it's a deficiency. he leaves are all bubbly and varegiated in a weird way.

I'm just gonna toss this one out and throw out my scissors.

I have 3 more s1's

=)

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
since they are s1's its not that bad since all yours are female anyway. hope you find a keeper.

Dynamite

Dynamite

has there ever been one documented case that a marijuana plant had TMV ?

someone please point me to the proof

what so many people call TMV with Chems and OG's cal-mag fixes right up ..odd thing? ,cuz I didn't know cal-mag fixes TMV

Illmind

Illmind

Dynamite I can't throw you a link but I remember long ago Obs and Chem were running a mass seed run of most of the chem cuts and from what I read is before they released em soul brought some cuts to a university in CA to research the clips before he released em. And that is were I believe the TMV virus was first brought on to the scene and the run of seeds he was working with was INSANE and for him to not release them? Something must have happened. He showed his room and the nanners the pollen and all and it weas on some HEAVY production like I'm talking more seeds than most companys will drop in a year. So that's really all the proof I need.

C

CAPO

I haven't been able to find any info stating that TMV can be transferred through seeds.
Can anyone clarify?

S

Swerve

once she gets the food she wants she grows out of it..nevermind thats not tmv...but once she gets the food she wants she grows normal if there is tmv. but that isnt the tobacco mosaic virus

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I have the Chemdog D from a couple different sources. I have had them get those leaves and I always get them out of it with feeding and soil mixes heavy with worm castings and bat guano. And I hit it with Cal/Mag. Sometimes some epsom salts. Chemdog D seems to love epsom salts.

Sometimes it is pretty stubborn. Even the most stubborn ones seem to become super green and lush when planted outside in the ground where they can get whatever it is they want. I still give them the guano and castings and also hit them with chem ferts.

Because you can get rid of it and it doesn't really look like true TMV (it has a whacky mottled look with no leaf deformity or twist), IMHO it is because Chemdog D is just a nute hog and not a virus. I agree with swerve that they can be fed out of it.

D

Dubwobble

Thank you all VERY much.

I'll just give it to a buddy to finish outside, and I threw out my scissors and the few clones I took of her just to be sure, I have plenty more where she came from.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Hey dubwobble did the Chemdog D straighten up outside when your friend planted it in the ground?

B

bicycle racer

yes some ogs and chems have one of the mosaic viruses there are a few of the them that produce similar symptoms its real obvious those pics dont look like it to me but there a bit blurred so could be wrong. in my experience mosaic disease is no big deal if the plant is healthy and getting what it needs it has no real effect imo. in fact it seems to become dormant when plants are strong symptoms can come and go but is always present once the plant has it there is no known cure imo. no need to toss your scissors though a little h202 or rubbing alcohol will do it. or do what commercial tobacco growers do rinse scissors and hands in fat free milk when switching from plant to plant the proteins in the milk bind to the virus making it incapable of spreading to the next plant.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
BR, there are some instances where the mosaic virus will show more as crinkling of the leaves than just the mosaic-like decoloration. There is no known cure of TMV, for sure, and IIRC no cure for the cucurbit viruses.
Mine did the same thing
There is a hemp streak virus that I've learned of since learning generally a little bit about mosaic viruses. I've been told that the Chems have the virus. Knowing what I do about mosaic viruses (many species), it makes sense that it would show up in seed stock, as the virus can be passed on to seeds.

obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
it does indeed pass through to offspring from breeding ..

my attempts of ridding the chem's of it failed ... even a single successful 1/2mm meristem slice from healthy tissue put into tissue culture did not relieve the plant of tmv ..

keep the plant healthy by feeding it well and symptoms never show ..

D

DWkush

it does indeed pass through to offspring from breeding ..

my attempts of ridding the chem's of it failed ... even a single successful 1/2mm meristem slice from healthy tissue put into tissue culture did not relieve the plant of tmv ..

keep the plant healthy by feeding it well and symptoms never show ..

It is possible to breed out TMV but it could take a long time. WIth a large team of PHD's and government funding It took over 10 years for Tabasco inc to introduce a TMV resistant Capsicum frutescens.

D

DixinCider

it doesnt really look like you have it. i always wondered why one of my ogs would slip out a random fucked up leaf here and there, and not to long ago i found out about the virus lol. but honestly as long as you keep you're plants healthy you really never see it.

Top Bottom