chem skva91 vs original chem 91?

• Thread starter eck2014
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eck2014

eck2014

Supporter
just a bit confused as the origin of the Chemdog 91 skva vs. the original Chemdog 91?? can anyone shed some light on the difference of the two ? I have seen pics of them both and just curious of how the differ...
Thanks in advance...

lollipopman

lollipopman

I think Chemdog 91 va cut is the original and the Chemdog 91 is a s1 could be wrong but I'm sure if Smf see's this he can tell us what's the deal..

tags420

tags420

They are the same. Chemdog 91 is one of the original 4 beans popped in 91 and was the best keeper.
SkunkVA was a screen name of the only person with a verified by Chemdog himself cut of the Chemdog 91...and chem never gave it out to anyone else(supposedly)...so the only way it got out was through skunkVA...and thus the skunkVA cut is the realest of all the Chemdog 91's these days(since GH and other have attempted to release fakes in bean form)

Here is the original story for the beans of the Chemdog 91

Rumored the original and best of the Chem Dog strains. The legend of legends is of all strains could be OG Kush. OG kush is a hermi seed from the Chem Dog from back in 1996 in Tahoe. OG Kush is Chemdog 91. Rumored the original and best of the Chem Dog strains. It is said in 1991 legendary breeder "Chemdog" had attended a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheater. Chemdog had met "Joebrand" (aka Wonkanobe) and "Pbud", they sold Chemdog an ounce for $500. Joe and Chemdog later arranged for two more ounces to be shipped to Chemdog on the east coast. According to Chemdog, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds.

The first Chem Dog strain was grown in Montana and sold in Colorado for years before being purchased by Chemdog, whom was in Massachusetts. While in Colorado, where a primarily indica "Chem" line had been produced steadily for years, confirming that Chem Dog (and related siblings) are indeed of predominantly indica genetics. Chemdog was now a proud owner of 13 original seeds and in 1991 Chemdog sowed his first 4 seeds. One turned out male, but the other three were females that became "Chemdog 91" or "ChemDog '91", "Chem A" (Chemdog 91 sister), and "Chem B" phenos. In 2000, Chemdog sowed 3 more seeds labeled "C", "D" and "E". The "C" seed did not turn out well, the "E" seed never germinated and the "D" seed was the winner. In 2006 Chemdog brought back 4 original Chem Dog seeds to Joebrand in Colorado to be grown out. Those seeds accounted for four more Chem Dog phenotypes, but only the 4th was labeled worthy to its genetics and named "Reunion Pheno". Chemdog still has two more original seeds in his possesion from the early 1990's. Although some say Chemdog gave everyone cuttings, never gave seeds away and he still has 6 seeds left.

In 1993, the Chem Dog strain grew popular and strong. Then at a Phish concert, the Massachusetts grower (Chemdog) met other growers from New York City, which begged Chemdog for a rare Chem Dog cutting. Finally Chemdog traded the Chem Dog for a Super Skunk to the New York City growers and promises were made amongst them not give the Chem Dog away. The NYC growers disliked the name "Chem Dog", so they changed the name to "Diesel", also because when you smoked Chem Dog, it was the "Cock Diesel".

The original Chem Dog is Diesel. Everybody wanted the Chem Dog/Diesel, another group of breeders from Albany traveled to NYC (2 or 3 hour drive) to get the Diesel in bud form. Later the Albany breeders pleaded for a cutting of the Diesel, instead got a bag of seeds to grow. The bags of seeds the Albany breedeers actually got was some Super Skunk grown in Virginia in 1986 that accidentally hermed the Chem Dog, aka Diesel. The Albany crew started breeding those seeds and named it "Sour Diesel". Also the original Chem Dog, aka Diesl is OG Kush. Chem Dog was later renamed "OG Kush" when it arrived in Tahoe in 1996 before it landed in California.

The flavor and aroma is top notch with the classic look and smooth smoke. Chem Dog has a clear-cut look, smell, and taste. The appearance after drying is lime green with a golden tint, mixture of red hairs and a healthy coating of sugary crystals. There are also many other phenotype hybrids including Geisel, Snodog, Bubble Chem and others.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Great story i remember those times growing up in those regions those where the good old days when weed was still dope.
I wonder what that lime green stuff was i was actually driveing to Mt.Vernon to snatch up sacks bit they where calling GAS and Fuel but this was in 91 for sure i remember that hear distinctly the lime green Gas/Fuel as it was being called because it literally smelled like a fresh ripe lime dipped in unleaded gas man an 1/8 of that shit lasted me and Four homies a good week shit was crazy powerful my first round on the blunt i fell asleep before it made it around for my third pull i was done had us broken lol..
Any idea what that Lime/Gas was? In 91? I always wondered we where getting it with seeds in it too i cant tell u how many times i wanted to kick myself in the ass for tossing those beans on the taconic freeway rolling blunts damn i wish i woulda saved a bean or 100 haha.
Thanks for the memories.
Peace

soserthc1

soserthc1

Question then in Artic fallout for HOF is the Chemdog 91 used the va or no ?

619ster

619ster

Question then in Artic fallout for HOF is the Chemdog 91 used the va or no ?
According to Bodhi it was the Chem '91 JB cut, and I can definitely see it in the progeny. The Skunk VA passes more tight nug structure traits (like OG Kush), while the '91 JB cut passes fluffy nug traits (like Sour D). My pheno of Arctic Fallout looked almost identical to Sour D.

soserthc1

soserthc1

According to Bodhi it was the Chem '91 JB cut, and I can definitely see it in the progeny. The Skunk VA passes more tight nug structure traits (like OG Kush), while the '91 JB cut passes fluffy nug traits (like Sour D). My pheno of Arctic Fallout looked almost identical to Sour D.

thanks bro , appreciate it was gifted some f2's and the bag said Chemdog 91 skunk va / snow lotus f2 - original HOF seed stock . i'll get to them 1 day soon ....eck sorry for thread clutter i'll back of now ......

tags420

tags420

Cali Connections makes Chemdog 91 s1's and claim to use th VA cut. His cookies were fake but his 91 is right on. But then you have to support swerve, so makes it hard.

tags420

tags420

What about his bubba and Chemdog D?
I don't know. I ran his bubba and it was stellar. It's a Bx, so I assume it was the legit cut to start. I have no idea of his Chemdog D. I feel like his first 2 editions(early aliens, and the svf male line) were all legit cuts of everything. Only recently did he start to go off the map.

I don't really know enough on those 2, but they are solid flowers what every they are. I would say real.

justin black

justin black

Ok I have some of the stories of Chemdog 91, Skunk VA or Chemdog 91 skunk Va. First story is one that tag 420 told. I heard that too. Then, I also have heard that it was a original diesel mixed thai sativa, which helped to make sour diesel.One person says Chemdog 91 came from a guy name SkunkVa and he was given a cut after a phish concert. Some say he mixed it with massachusetts super skunk it was crossed with. Other's have said that herbied and was given a lot of seeds and grew them out and picked his favorite. OR some say it's same as regular Chemdog. Also crazy stuff then that. I think that skunk has been added after chemdog gave that cut away at phish concert. It's clearly not the same like Bodhi says and smell difference is the stank is more stronger and grows different. So maybe he grew the clone close to some skunk plants and one herbied or male wasn't taken out in time and a few seeds popped out of his cut and he thought it herbied so he thought it was an identical copy. Either way, there's something more skunk, so it only makes sense that it has skunk in it. I love the strain it's a stinker but got the kush smell too but it's skunkish to not believe skunk got in there at some point. I think all the stories are wrong except chemdogs given a cut out at phish concert or dead concert and from there, I think Chemdog told him not to cross it. So maybe if he didn't really cross it but maybe a skunk pollenated it a little and he thought it was identical or he just mixed it anyway and he has both chem's. I for the life of me can't find anyone willing to trade a strain or anything other then swerve played with it and who knows what clone is going around. I had it before I moved in 2002 and couldn't bring anything with me. So we chopped up a plant I had going and gave him like 20 clones. I believe he grew it out doors, but he's lost it since. He was a beginner and had no idea if it wasn't white widow northern lights and artaca thunderFudge, maui wowie it wasn't the best. LoL,I didn't talk to him for about 2 months ,So he grew 6 out 3 died heat and the other spot he picked another spot and the 5 left some kind bug problem.he only got 14 of the 20 to root.

mack 10

mack 10

Skunk VA (the person) came online a while back to clear things up.
He says he got the 91 Chem clone from Mass G (Chemdog) he has kept it ever since.
it has a solid Afghani look, dark green leafs and rounded buds.

Skunk VA and fam where the holders of the Mass Super Skunk but they just called it Super Skunk.
If I remember correct he swopped
in 92 0r 93 for the 91 Chem.

I think Bodhi has both the Skunk va version of '91 and what is known as the jb 91 cut.
He said they where different, ie, fluffy or denser buds like said above.
I recently lost my '91 cut to the Popo.
that was a sad day.

CoolnDeadly6

CoolnDeadly6

Skunk Va cut was not from mass g, got cut in 93 ish and gave back the cut to mass in 06 for the VA skunk aka mass skunk, 91va is an OG and 91 orig was tossed , not my story but all have do is study leafs and plants not bud, skVa was another breed mixed in the bag telling me was not all same pot in the seeded wonder bag

E

Elsydro

thanks bro , appreciate it was gifted some f2's and the bag said Chemdog 91 skunk va / snow lotus f2 - original HOF seed stock . i'll get to them 1 day soon ....eck sorry for thread clutter i'll back of now ......
So what’s the difference between the JB cut and the VA cut? Like main differences?

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

This whole thread is full of horse shit.

Chemdog 91 has nothing to do with a Phish concert.

SkunkVA didn't get his cut from Chemdog, he got it from an unnamed Deadhead he met on the street in the San Francisco Bay area. He gave the cut BACK to Chemdog after Chemdog saw a photo online and realized what he had.

SkunkVA had nothing to do with it originally, he just happened to be the last guy with a cut after everyone else (including Chemdog himself) lost theirs. His only relation to the story is getting it back into circulation after everyone thought it was lost.

This interview w/ SkunkVA himself is very enlightening if you care to know the real story.

C

cheeseofchad

as far as im concerned Chemdog 91 should have zero fruit smell/taste

Latest posts

Top Bottom