Votes: 18 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • they said it was

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
it was called the 60s and Vietnam had just kicked off, men like bushes the size of a shrubbery, the music would be over played for decades to come but it was good the first few hundred plays.
men were goin AWOL on military leave in Hawaii. some having just learned the art of camo from... the VC... not the us troops. guys had serious connects to the Asian circuit and the hippie high way from the middle east into the foot hills of Everest was in full swing. GI would run into the jungles of Hawaii seeking sanctuary from the oppressions of their baby boomer parents who just wanted to cull the herd a little and make billions off the backs of the poor and working class while their over privileged sons fucked the stuffing out of all those hot lonely working class and poor gals. the propaganda machine in full swing so the American and allied business man could fuck the rest of the world and their own no $$$ privileged people. all over Hawaii there was valleys and rivers back then, untouched by the greedy haole and their views of ownership for the sake of slave master life as usual. men feed up with the malarkey of NAM and its politics seeing a new market emerging for weed. they smoked these amazing Thai, lao, Cambodian, Vietnamese buds that were perfect for the shit, on point, no dehydration cottonmouth issues clear and hear and they could sleep if need be.
going to the depths of the Hawaii jungle far from people they popped 10s of thousands of beans and grew out entire valleys with towering Asian plants. fighting off local boy rippers and fellow AWOL assholes. all over on almost every island you could find an ex-GI cropping on the wide. no green harvest no police(fucking police were the ones selling the buds trying to pick up high school girls with joints of gold.) the Latin American connection had yet to be played, no fields of ismis or South American continent sativas...just fine south east Asian and Hindu Kush, Afghani, Paki, India, Nepal fucking winners from the hippies... but mostly just south east asian weed. at the time. guys like uncle mango just forests of sweet Asian buds huge dry houses not a satellite or little bird chopper with infar anywhere. all you had to worry about was getting you head smashed in and your bitch raped by some fucking nutzed out drunk local boy or fellow AWOL. these guys cropped huge...

then the 70s and cocaine hit and the south american connection with their great SA sativas but not so much in hawaii yeah some but not like mondo... still asian plants and bits of the middle east and hymilya region buds... then the 80s hit and anhiser bush along with the regans or what ever gave us the GREEN HARVEST. and people hippies mosty fresh off the beginning of the end of the afgani, paki, nepal high ways came with their short indica dom buds. no one wanted to wait the time to finish those sweet asian wonders. and green harvest was freshly funded with bulldogs out to get rich and drunk stealing you hard work and chemical trash. IR was introduced and the chemical stain hit us hard, with very few continuing that sweet hippie bud of the 60s,70s, earliy 80s.
there was still big fields but... and we got dog bud and some others like duckfoot...
what i think happened is in this one area i know that ise to go off on buds where from my understanding always had original dog bud and probably gave us the strain, they had a patch and some neibors pollen hopped the fence and chem91 happened. some of the maui family as in dead head type folks sold chemdog those zips and the beans were in them.
the effetc of 91chem is very much like some of the most coveted strains on hawaii. strains that if you get them you want to besure to call it somehting else and do a cross before showing it to anyone. besides the epic flavor and headspace the narco body effect with the cerebral trippy headspace is very similar...

Hawaii is islands and there was serious crops b4 satellites, yeah most of the genetics are gone. but i know that chemdog had to have spent time in hawaii before ever going ot other places... and it is a south east asian x with some kind of bud from iran to afgan to paki, to hymilan areas and north india... but as to what valley and the genotype traits selected or accident that happened to get the combo that is 91CHEM...which is drastically different from chem #4 and chem D atleast in my mind. because for me chem91 will always have an epic flavor fruity fuel or some shit and that headspace that is here and clear but trippy and narco body zero anxiety and always to that same great headplace and body buzz always... i know 91 chem when i hit it and i know various other buds when i hit them.

would you like to add anything or clerfications... i assure you im blazed out atm and it might be a choppy read... but 91chem! lore all the same

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
man that reads like some hunter s thompson shit, reminds me of Hell's Angels sorta. His early works, for sure.
thanks for the compliment. I was fighting my difficulty focusing... i might do a rewrite and see if i can make it more wow... I herd some stories from some real oldtimers... I don't need to put names, no one was killed statute of limitations 7yr these are stories from the bellbottoms era

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I do know that the guy chemdog met at the dead show and got dogbud packs from after that was from Colorado and not Hawaii. Dogbud came from the PNW. I do agree with your descriptions of the effects of the original chem 91(aka skva91). But i have yet to this day find any fruit taste in the original at all.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
man that reads like some hunter s thompson shit, reminds me of Hell's Angels sorta. His early works, for sure.
I do know that the guy chemdog met at the dead show and got dogbud packs from after that was from Colorado and not Hawaii. Dogbud came from the PNW. I do agree with your descriptions of the effects of the original chem 91(aka skva91). But i have yet to this day find any fruit taste in the original at all.
I have smoked some epic shit on the mainland... but it's rare that any mainland guys have anything that can come close to a hawaii soil sun plant and chemdog is reminiscent of certain strains I've only seen and smoked in hawaii unless you know the right guys in NYC or where ever. The taste perhaps my mouth decieves or what I'm calling fruity is something else but I haven't smoked it in a long time.no one will give out cuts of the 91... just cuz it was grown in Colorado doeant mean it didnt start its journey in hawaii... cuz these dudes on this one part of the mountain had dog bud for a long time they also did maui diesel dog... I think or it's from the same zone. It's just there are strains like HP13 and some others that few have laid eyes on they are super protected and the effects are like chemdog similar to opium... with the trippy narco body but on point like you can remember the past and present with accuracy. I cant say more of the coveted strains but they are super protected, usually they are not grown organic but the flavor and effect is soaring and it's very pungent. It's the kind of weed you could break your leg smoke and just keep on going.. lol. Maybe one day I'll just go drive and find some of the old dudes who can tell me when they first got dog bud in the area... cuz the area has been cropped for a long time. Tell me what strains you associate with such a clear and here yet trippy and narco body but totally functional and put the calm on like opium? Hp13 is similar. I know African sativa a little from growing the south African ones... but I know there is a lot and some are trance psychedelic but not many are chemdog. Please someone give me the 91 clone... just give the boy a 91 clone... please let me smoke helps of your organic 91 chem... just let the boy smoke your 91chem organics for crying out loud.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
like the show was in colorado?

the way its worked so far is the best strains dudes like hells angles have they wont give it out if you score on a bag seed happy otherwise no one is giving shit out and they are protective of the strains. there are a few indy guys who have some epic shit but again they wont share that and protect it similar to the organized fellows...

the it cuts or plants are coveted because no matter how shitty you grow the pheno, geno traits shine meaning guaranty flavor and effect. most growers get about 2-4hr on effect, but some guys get like 72hrs of something noticeable, while others hover in the 10-45min of effect zone... ive had GSC thin mint cut nugs and the guy pulled the flavor perfect and the effect was seriously 10-30min period fucking insane. for someone helping others out 10-30min is going to make a bag disappear and if you have the flavor generally no complaints and you feel safer cuz no matter what level of smoker they are its only 10-30min of them going dumb...
most professional growers get to the point where 2-4hr isn't enough and they move onto dabs... but if your like me you can make a nug rival a dab... as in you can tell it was smoked even if you just hit a dab.
if i was growing for sale to have a mind altering strain and cut the effects felt time to 10-30min is a serious accomplishment as many complain of the weed being to strong but want to experience the effects... I'm talking 1 hit to tripping like an 8th of cubense then back down to sober in 30min... vs my 72hrs of coasting down... I've smoked merical grow blue rock salt shit n that's 2+hrs with the right strain. fox farm like 2+hrs but better smoke. the new omri fox farm is better...but i know fox farm buds consistent sale buds... any line but the synthetics they generally very from 10min-4hrs depending on the strain...
no till and super soil con microbes is where you get the winners... but then you need a chill low thc strain...
chemdog is a 1-72hrs of effect depending on how you decide to grow and if you do hugger magic lol... but with the 91 cut the flavor and effect headspace n full blown effect will be there but the time it lasts changes... and the crash if its not organic or the wrong additions to the soil or Fert choice.
chemdog was me sober chilling with the boys in high school cracking jokes.
I want to make a grading service like kosher n sell my services to the cannabis industry n new laws...
idk how to get it going... but i bet a lot of chemdog phenoed cuts would pop up...
im smoking chemdawg x Amherst super skunk. atm
@jollycanna85 on instagram you can see the pink hues on the flowers...

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
if chemdog is dog bud and its PNW where is the breeder they know they got the buds to chemdog...wouldnt they have seeds of the mother bud that gave the seeds... is this a capitalism conspiracy? and the guy doesnt want to release the seed form? or the guy died? i mean how does the grower of the 91chem seed mom not come forward with fucking seeds.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
I like Chems.
Skunk VA has been holding onto the '91 Chem longer than anyone. He sells seeds... As do others. Top Dawg for instance.
Also, the cut still circulates.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I'm going to show this too an associate of mine. He's from out that way and might have some insight actually, I'm certainly sure he'll enjoy reading it, we talk about those days quite a bit. I think he was mostly in Maui during the late 70's and early 80's, perhaps one of the islander aka ( nutzed out drunk local boy) you speak about. That's the way he described it to me also. He's certainly got a green thumb, that's for sure. But in the early days, he was ripping them, he's not very proud of it, either. Living on the beach as a teen, (in his 50's now) selling fish & mango to the asian markets, lot's of tourist stories as well. He was certainly there.

Good read! Thanks for the cool history lesson.

Last edited:
jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
I'm going to show this too an associate of mine. He's from out that way and might have some insight actually, I'm certainly sure he'll enjoy reading it, we talk about those days quite a bit. I think he was mostly in Maui during the late 70's and early 80's, perhaps one of the islander aka ( nutzed out drunk local boy) you speak about. That's the way he described it to me also. He's certainly got a green thumb, that's for sure. But in the early days, he was ripping them, he's not very proud of it, either. Living on the beach as a teen, (in his 50's now) selling fish & mango to the asian markets, lot's of tourist stories as well. He was certainly there.

Good read! Thanks for the cool history lesson.
cool. i talked to a few guys long ago, but they were legit, had some sweet stories. and horror stories. I herd stuff from the Hawaiians and locals, haoles of the time. knew some of the kids who had to deal with the reality of daddy in all skin colors. sometimes I can remember parts of the stories. I met a few old timers who was a ripper back in the day told me stories. all the GTA bullshit. violence and gnarly but the blood weed n all those old school strains were amazing so i was like why so nutz... i guess economically pushing someone out of their home land where they were born will piss off a few. be a slave to the $ or else! water rights, wild west shit white collar t shirt you name it. i feel sad for the land. im sure they could make movies but the politicians and landowners would fight that shit hard. property value feeling of security, but its like that anywhere... the real problem is the human race lol. but atleast we have our weed

GuyMontag

GuyMontag

if chemdog is dog bud and its PNW where is the breeder they know they got the buds to chemdog...wouldnt they have seeds of the mother bud that gave the seeds... is this a capitalism conspiracy? and the guy doesnt want to release the seed form? or the guy died? i mean how does the grower of the 91chem seed mom not come forward with fucking seeds.

99% of black market weed in America has been sold without anyone at the oz or pound level having any idea of who the breeder/grower is.

This was 91 before seed sales or anything was a glint in most any grower's eyes. Add in the name game, the number of hands it passed through from grower to Greg, arrests, deaths, etc., and you come to realize thag the original grower, if they're even alive or outside of prison, likely has no idea they're this big mystery.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
99% of black market weed in America has been sold without anyone at the oz or pound level having any idea of who the breeder/grower is.

This was 91 before seed sales or anything was a glint in most any grower's eyes. Add in the name game, the number of hands it passed through from grower to Greg, arrests, deaths, etc., and you come to realize thag the original grower, if they're even alive or outside of prison, likely has no idea they're this big mystery.
Or they didnt want credit, because they already have a customer base and didnt want the attention. But I have still not smoked anything from PNW that has the hawaii sativa highs. Hawaii sativa are fire for effect! Plants grown on hawaii soil can either be epuc or alright... but a few places is fire! I think like catpiss the seeds were a mistake and 91chem is a p+p result and not an f1 or anything like that....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

chemdog gave out clones. Plenty of seeds and crosses have been sold since. And there was a lot of chemdog moved in new jersey and philly mid to late 90’s. We knew what it was. Sour diesel took over.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
chemdog gave out clones. Plenty of seeds and crosses have been sold since. And there was a lot of chemdog moved in new jersey and philly mid to late 90’s. We knew what it was. Sour diesel took over.
But did you have a seaside tonys...wiz the cheese bawls... I only met one OG bud guy in jearsy he had fire!

GuyMontag

GuyMontag

I'm not sure what you're replying to? I'm aware that MassG spread clones and the rest is history. Even with that though, it wasn't until the last decade or so that most people even learned the story. I was responding to OP asking why the breeder/grower of Dogbud never came forward.

Regardless, the idea that the dogbud in question came from Hawaii (where it was supposedly seeded), was imported to the mainland, and made its way to fucking Indiana is really and truly absurd. It's just such a wild stretch in an attempt to cling on to a fabled tale, that goes against the stories already told from the people involved.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
no but i new a Tony we called Mr. Intenzo. And we didnt speak unless spoken to. ;-)
Seaside tony is like the best cheese steak in seaside I fucking walked for thet shit...jaunt away... I met tony once... he was intense...lol epic cheesesteak!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Seaside tony is like the best cheese steak in seaside I fucking walked for thet shit...jaunt away... I met tony once... he was intense...lol epic cheesesteak!

i dont remember that place. Seaside near long beach island? My best friend got married on that beach.

jollycanna

jollycanna

Supporter
I'm not sure what you're replying to? I'm aware that MassG spread clones and the rest is history. Even with that though, it wasn't until the last decade or so that most people even learned the story. I was responding to OP asking why the breeder/grower of Dogbud never came forward.

Regardless, the idea that the dogbud in question came from Hawaii (where it was supposedly seeded), was imported to the mainland, and made its way to fucking Indiana is really and truly absurd. It's just such a wild stretch in an attempt to cling on to a fabled tale, that goes against the stories already told from the people involved.
I'm the op... I'm talking before it was given to deadhead show dude... I herd all sorts of shit, and smoked buds and know, Indiana had some fire... shit where you eat... no... it might have been this guy nod who who was murdered a long time ago but I met 2 of his girlfriends and he was a fire grower who had next generation shit... its possible that NoD was the guy who made what became chemdawg original because the area he was from and stuff has 91chem level budz... sadly he was murdered so we cant ask him. But I've lost my body in psychadelic experiences from buds of the area and 91chem if grown right is tripppppping...

Top Bottom