Cherry Wine 'Bohdi's Cut' ???

• Thread starter DeJaVu Seeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

There is a company in Colorado called Cheyenne Mountain Seed Company. They sell Cherry Wine and Mountain Mango hemp seeds. In their description for Cherry Wine, they claim that they use 'Bohdi's Cut' F1 as the source of their genetics. Did Bohdi work with hemp ?

Also, if they are feminizing and making S1 seeds from an F1 hybrid, wouldn't they have a ton of diversity in their seeds?

Seraphine

Seraphine

I haven’t heard of that seed company so I can’t speak of their authenticity claiming those genetics.

If it’s true then the seeds will have a lot of the f1 traits as well as some diversity in the S1 seeds. That can be a good thing as you maybe able to find something new and better.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I haven’t heard of that seed company so I can’t speak of their authenticity claiming those genetics.

If it’s true then the seeds will have a lot of the f1 traits as well as some diversity in the S1 seeds. That can be a good thing as you maybe able to find something new and better.

Isnt it more a rip-off? They dont take the time to stabilize the strain but sell bulk seeds for farm level crops.

There are quite a few unhappy cbd hemp farmer threads out there lately. New farmers greedy for the hyped up cbd money who dont know better have planted 1000’s of these s-1 hemp seeds. They are coming out of Oregon too apparently.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Isnt it more a rip-off? They dont take the time to stabilize the strain but sell bulk seeds for farm level crops.

There are quite a few unhappy cbd hemp farmer threads out there lately. New farmers greedy for the hyped up cbd money who dont know better have planted 1000’s of these s-1 hemp seeds. They are coming out of Oregon too apparently.
S1 isn’t the best for stability because if you’re a grower needing a specific trait, you’re not going to get it with an s1.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

S1 isn’t the best for stability because if you’re a grower needing a specific trait, you’re not going to get it with an s1.

Right. A basic concept of our plant that escaped new growers and they bought $1000’s of seeds and planted. There are lawsuits pending against these companies. There was a thread on riu recently. Sorry I didnt save any links.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Right. A basic concept of our plant that escaped new growers and they bought $1000’s of seeds and planted. There are lawsuits pending against these companies. There was a thread on riu recently. Sorry I didnt save any links.
That sucks. I wonder how there can be a lawsuit unless they falsely advertised? If the breeder clearly stated they were S1 seeds then it’s the buyers responsibility to know what they getting....

Seraphine

Seraphine

I could justify a lawsuit if the breeder failed to document genetics and the buyer bought seeds without knowing all the info.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That sucks. I wonder how there can be a lawsuit unless they falsely advertised? If the breeder clearly stated they were S1 seeds then it’s the buyers responsibility to know what they getting....

I dont know if they said it was f-1 in the lawsuit case. I still dont think the farmer can win.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I need to learn more about plant breeding. It’s so interesting plus I want to start breeding dahlias and other cut flowers for certain traits.

I have not pursued it more but Clark’s Marijuanna Botany is a great textbook style book on this.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I dont know if they said it was f-1 in the lawsuit case. I still dont think the farmer can win.
That’s an expensive mistake on the farmers part. Shady if the breeder didn’t disclose all the info but may not be liable if they didn’t falsify information. I could see this case setting precedence for future breeders.

DeJaVu Seeds

DeJaVu Seeds

The lawsuit was not over S1 vs F1 seeds from Oregon. The lawsuit was filed by the State of Kentucky. Last year, Kentucky bought 6 million seeds from a company in Oregon. They were supposed to be feminized CBD hemp seeds. Hemp has to be less than 0.3% THC. Kentucky distributed the seeds to the farmers, and about August is when they all realized that they had been sold REGULAR seeds, not feminized, and it was a mixed bag on high THC vs 0.3 THC. It sounded to me like the seed company just threw all of their bulk inventory into a box, labeled it 'Feminized Hemp Seeds' and shipped to those Kentucky Hillbillies...they won't know the difference.

The problem is, that some of the finest cannabis on Earth is grown in Kentucky. They know the difference.

Kentucky does not allow the farmers to source their own seeds. If I were the farmers, I would sue Kentucky. I am sure they are.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The lawsuit was not over S1 vs F1 seeds from Oregon. The lawsuit was filed by the State of Kentucky. Last year, Kentucky bought 6 million seeds from a company in Oregon. They were supposed to be feminized CBD hemp seeds. Hemp has to be less than 0.3% THC. Kentucky distributed the seeds to the farmers, and about August is when they all realized that they had been sold REGULAR seeds, not feminized, and it was a mixed bag on high THC vs 0.3 THC. It sounded to me like the seed company just threw all of their bulk inventory into a box, labeled it 'Feminized Hemp Seeds' and shipped to those Kentucky Hillbillies...they won't know the difference.

The problem is, that some of the finest cannabis on Earth is grown in Kentucky. They know the difference.

Kentucky does not allow the farmers to source their own seeds. If I were the farmers, I would sue Kentucky. I am sure they are.

Thank you very much for correcting me and clearing that up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom