Chiller reservoir, Nutrients reservoir, Wort coil

• Thread starter Onelow1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

The recommended pumps are 400gph -1060gph. Maybe you need a faster flow rate.. Their chillers are used for salt water.. What makes nutrient solution more corrosive than salt water? The chiller has a titanium evaporator.. Can't find real proof that it does any where online..

Last edited:
Onelow1

Onelow1

The recommended pumps are 400gph -1060gph. Maybe you need a faster flow rate..
Atm I'm using a 158 gph and it lifting water about 40". That's pulling water out of the chiller rez, and pumping it through the chiller which sits on top of the chiller rez, It stiill feels like a good flow rate, I wasn't expecting it to be quit that strong. On it's not shooting out but it's not slow and meandering. 3/4 tubing going onto the pump and 1/2" out, about a 40" rise on the 1/2' side.
I got everything together and filled yesterday, (just the chiller) and turned it on. This thing works great!!! I set the chiller on 68, the pump is continually pumping water through the chiller, and the chiller has been cycling about once an hour maybe!!!!! I'd like to use a slower pump but I'm afraid of freeze ups. I might drop down to a 100 gph. I fill the system today and see how it goes.

PXL 20210809 143353362
Top Bottom