Chiller to cool coil set-up

• Thread starter whiskeygirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

whiskeygirl

I am building a diy under current set-up. I bought a beer wort ss cool coil to put in the epicenter. My question is: "Can i just attach the chiller to a pump and then make a loop to the cool coil and back to the chiller? Or should I have some sort small reservoir in the loop?"

I heard it may be better to use a coil rather than running your water/nutes through the chiller.

B

Bobby Smith

If you're only running one system, that coil is going to decrease the efficiency of your chiller - better to just have a pump in the epicenter running to a chiller.

Those coils are useful for running multiple systems off of one chiller, but aren't needed (and are less efficient) for just running one system.

W

whiskeygirl

thanks.....how would you set-up the coil/chiller with two uc systems?

brd

brd

I am patiently waiting for the experts to come along and give you a response the the two UC set up with a cool coil.

B

Bobby Smith

I'm no expert, but it's pretty simple in concept - have a small reservoir kept at ~65F (using a pump and a chiller) and have two additional pumps (each feeding their own cool coil in each epicenter).

Unless both epicenters were running the same nutes, I'm not sure how you'd do it with just one cool coil (even if you could, you'd have to keep one epicenter a couple of degrees colder because of the efficiency losses in using the cool coil).

brd

brd

Thanks a lot Papa. I am currently chilling my epicenter with a cool coil but I am using water from my well. The water temp straight from the tap is 51 degrees and it does a good job cooling with a constant trickle. But based on the temp of my well water I would think the res off the chiller would have to be kept pretty cold to cool two systems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom