Chillers & Foggers, Dewpoint Issues

• Thread starter palm eezy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
palm eezy

palm eezy

Like the title says, running foggers in my rooms I am now starting to see serious condensation forming in certain places. It seems like the amount of overall insulation necessary is going to be over the top. Is this ultimately a matter of just needing to keep my dew point lower than my bucket temps?

ken dog

ken dog

Are your foggers on any kind of humidity controller?... And what are the Temps?
Seems to me that if your water is at 68 to 70 degrees, and they are sweating, that means the dew point is in the high sixties or seventies... sounds a little sticky.
I think that your thinking is moving in the right direction.:)

palm eezy

palm eezy

Running 78-80 air temp, had my Cap-1 humidity controller set @ 65 which corresponds fairly well w/ another seemingly accurate hygrometer. Also just happens to hit the dewpoint right around there @ 65f . I dialed it back to 60, we'll see if that dries it out any. What I do know is they are loving the greenhouse-y feel that the room has, conditions that I've rarely ever been able to sustain. Using 3 carpet dryer style fans + 2 wall mount oscillating & self-swinging mini split in a 6.5x12.5 space. Although not ideal I can tolerate some wetness on the floor in my scenario. Just worried about mold.

I'd been running a semi-sealed lung room setup, swapping out equipment, changing exhaust fan timers etc., trying to make the most out of it until I could get all of the equipment together to actually seal my flower rooms. What I do know is that I should've just bought a 10-head fogger, as 5 single pucks (2 liters/hour output) isn't enough to outpace my 1 ton panasonic.

ken dog

ken dog

I'll be interested to see how 60% humidity works out... I'll be there soon.

It's possible that one may have to live with a little bit of condensation... We'll see.

ken dog

ken dog

Regarding air conditioning... Definitely a delicate balance.

I'm working with two 8000 BTU wall units... Both on their built-in thermostats.

Still playing the dance between temperature and humidity control.

I found out that they don't do much cooling without the humidity above 40%.

palm eezy

palm eezy

The obvious solution of lowering the humidity some did the trick. Still have a little wetness from my homemade fogger, oh well.

Yes, air conditioning can be a bit tricky. In my area our domestic heating season is easily 6 months, and it gets sub-0 in the winter so my mini splits are inside of a well ventilated shed. In the winter I have to seal it up, and set up a timer to dump some muggy air from my lung room into the shed in order to help them cool better. Inverter style units take ~6 temperature readings to determine how to run, based on calculations in the computer, and my panasonics just won't cool as well unless they think it's somewhat warm outside. My next setup will be based on a regular condenser/A-coil setup sized to the static room load and I'll use a couple of cheap inverter minis for the seasonal load.

Top Bottom