Chinese LED grow light

• Thread starter Cheekiestsauce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jamie73

Jamie73

just something of note I ran into in the last day or so... These MW drivers can infact be overdriven up to 130 percent. It triggers a hiccup mode on some drivers that causes them to shut down to protect itself. If I wasnt around to catch it half of my lights would of been off all day. Anyone else run into this?
I did find out if the wires inside the plastic wire connectors are not in just right it turns them off. Took a little fix. Up and running. Re connected the wires and been good. But it’s only the first day. I also left a 1200watt blurp in there just in case.

Jamie73

Jamie73

So this morning I emailed the seller who I bought the Samsung kit with Meenwell driver. Mine doesn’t come with auto off. You can get that as an option. Most of us growers in here use them for purpose. That said. He said there’s a lot of knock off drivers from china. T
My driver was made In Taiwan. We’re there suppose to be made. If that helps out a bit.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
So this morning I emailed the seller who I bought the Samsung kit with Meenwell driver. Mine doesn’t come with auto off. You can get that as an option. Most of us growers in here use them for purpose. That said. He said there’s a lot of knock off drivers from china. T
My driver was made In Taiwan. We’re there suppose to be made. If that helps out a bit.
What do you mean by "auto off".

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
@MIMedGrower , was this the thread we were talking about sixstrings new builds, and things to look for when buying Horticulturelightinggroup knockoffs?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@MIMedGrower , was this the thread we were talking about sixstrings new builds, and things to look for when buying Horticulturelightinggroup knockoffs?

Dont know. Honestly i mostly followed this stuff on riu where the led builders contribute.

But now i have to go back and read this one. :-)

Even today kingbrite board problems were shown and discussed. The many dim, out or brighter diode string failures on the knockoff boards were said to be caused by unmatched bin diodes that eventually cause a current problem and fail.

And they said thats if they used actual samsung parts. Which they dont always. Apparently the v2 boards had lots of this crap. And now its showing up after using them a while.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I bookmarked this when it was posted
Two real good threads if you are wanting some good reading, and fire grows!!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Has anyone used these or know anyone with them? Seem like an unbelievable deal @$200CAD shipped.

It sounds good. The description states it has the LM301b chips + 660nm. It does not have IR or UV but many people here think it makes sense to buy your ir and uv as an addon light source as opposed to built into the board. It's currently on sale so that's why it's as cheap as it is.

Mospeada

Mospeada

This app just came out...A good tool maybe to find a new light. It's still early days but the longer this app sticks around for and new lights keep getting added to it, it should end up being pretty accurate.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I ordered April 8 and package is still in Hong Kong. Not sure how much longer it will take.

Cheekiestsauce

Cheekiestsauce

Well thanks to everyone who helped me pick a light this is what I ended up with. $225CAD all in.

Newest Yuanhui 240W quantum qb288 V3 LM301H highest efficiency hlg grow light with meanwell power supply
Emitting Color: lm301h 3500k mix 660nm
Wattage: 240W
1587615161707.png