Chitosan >>> Anybody Have A Good Source?

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Chitosan Oligosaccharide

Long story short; I need some of this to treat Stem Nematodes aka Dudding aka fuck my life!

Ive been searching the internet for good sources and the few things ive found smell like scam. its a realitively expensive product so the scam potential is high. Im been trying to locate a manufacture directly but the only ones ive come across are in China and Iceland.

perfer agricultural grade, and from the info they list, seems scamish

http://massspectrumbotanicals.com/shop/chitosan/
seemed like my best option until i read the reviews about them (worse case senario, i might try n order a small amount frm them)

www.ebay.com/itm/CHITOSAN-Oli...item27f7a4b8b4
always super skeptical about buying expensive stuff like this frm ebay, usually bootleg/fake

so with that im out of sources, Im hopeing someone has had luck ordering frm sources online.
Chitosan  anybody have a good source

confu

Last edited:
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
insect frass! it is literally bug shite - promotes the sars response, kills many soft bodies bugs (ie: fungus gnats) can be used as an organic fertilizer - super charges your bennies and an amazing additive for ewc tea

http://onfrass.com/

have you positively identified (visually) these stem nematodes?

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
insect frass! it is literally bug shite - promotes the sars response, kills many soft bodies bugs (ie: fungus gnats) can be used as an organic fertilizer - super charges your bennies and an amazing additive for ewc tea

http://onfrass.com/

have you positively identified (visually) these stem nematodes?

Thnx bro, I did read that insect grass has chitin or chitosan can't remember but it won't hurt to apply that. Can I apply it as a top dress or does it have to be mixed in apon uppotting?
I don't have a kick ass scope so no I haven't identified them like that. But I ruled everything else out. All signs point to the dud issue. My main thing is I know I recieve for infected clones a while back and other than hit the eagle 20 merit 75 and avid a couple times I didnt do nething to prevent them frm the stem nemotodes/ fusarium.
I think my initial deth regime slowed em down but after a couple runs and less and less of a healthy harvest, they are showing real bad signs. Also this round I left veg 60 days and the longer they vegge the worse they got.
Last round was and ok harvest but I had really weak branches that snapped easily and had several wifi #3s that jus didn't do anything. Wierd growth, irregular node spacing, week root system, way below avg yield.
Fast foward to this round, it looks like I have every deficiency in the book and wierd rubbery leaves with wrinkles and node spacing that is more on par with flower than veg.
Confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
Insect grass crab or crustation meal as well!

Yea, I will add some of that aswell but I don't want to depend on it because chitin takes a while to break down and time ISNOT my friend. I need to get a water soulable form in the soil asap.

Confu

Tnelz

Tnelz

Go on eBay and search liquid chitin. Not sure on the quality but I came across it about a week ago. Nothing is going to top frass and crab meal. You canale a slury of like a quart of warm water and frass that would activate and b available relatively quick.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Nutrified's Cargo Boost is supposed to have Chitosan in it as well. I have some samples that I was using to foliar with the other day and saw it mentioned on the bottle.

Myco

Myco

@Confuten1 are you sure you're sending to the right email addy at bestchitosan.com aka gtcbio? They responded to me the same day, have been very helpful and I received my two kilos of chitosan within 5 days.

You want to make sure you get authentic chitosan ogligosaccharide lactate, very high rate of solubility in a usable form. Other chitosan products out there are inferior, and may not even be water soluble. Also any products out there containing chitosan as an ingredient I believe IIRC can only use it at .25% per EPA (not sure why)...

I was in your shoes and didn't want to order from China either, but it all went as planned and at the moment my plants are fucking loving the chitosan ;)

Good luck on the dudding.

Edit: Forgot to mention I also searched high and low, found sources that looked promising but then saw terrible reviews. Any reliable source stateside will be outrageously priced... At about $100/kilo from bestchitosan.com you'll find the best chitosan for the best price. Best of all, people have eradicated duds from their gardens using this specific product, product code on their site is COP-1.

Last edited:
Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
@Confuten1 are you sure you're sending to the right email addy at bestchitosan.com aka gtcbio? They responded to me the same day, have been very helpful and I received my two kilos of chitosan within 5 days.

You want to make sure you get authentic chitosan ogligosaccharide lactate, very high rate of solubility in a usable form. Other chitosan products out there are inferior, and may not even be water soluble. Also any products out there containing chitosan as an ingredient I believe IIRC can only use it at .25% per EPA (not sure why)...

I was in your shoes and didn't want to order from China either, but it all went as planned and at the moment my plants are fucking loving the chitosan ;)

Good luck on the dudding.

Edit: Forgot to mention I also searched high and low, found sources that looked promising but then saw terrible reviews. Any reliable source stateside will be outrageously priced... At about $100/kilo from bestchitosan.com you'll find the best chitosan for the best price. Best of all, people have eradicated duds from their gardens using this specific product, product code on their site is COP-1.

Ty @Myco , I've sent 2 emails to 2 diffeent addys:
[email protected]
And
[email protected]
To no avail. I'll keep trying them, I'm wondering if it has to do with Chinese New Year.
Ty for the product code. I was wondering which one is the best to use.
How long did it take ur plants to Snap outta it?

Confu

Last edited:
Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
you can top dress/amend and also make a drench with it as well as foilar - i would do a foliar and a drench

I jus foliared with it at 1tbs per gal wit seagreen and also added 1 lb to 20 gals of nutes @ 30% of normal base.
Thanks @motherlode
Confu

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sea green is awesome stuff too - if you made a drench/foliar with frass and sea green it would awesome - frass also has readily available silica as a bonus

everybody I have told about frass uses it religiously - not saying its gonna fix your problem with the duds but it sure cant hurt

you are welcome @Confuten1 - thats why we are all here right?

Myco

Myco

Ty @Myco , I've sent 2 emails to 2 diffeent addys:
[email protected]
And
[email protected]
To no avail. I'll keep trying them, I'm wondering if it has to do with Chinese New Year.
Ty for the product code. I was wondering which one is the best to use.
How long did it take ur plants to Snap outta it?

Confu
[email protected] was the address I emailed and received a same day response, with about 10 back and forth communications after that and they responded very quickly. Perhaps they are out of the office or something, I know nothing of Chinese holidays haha. Also, it's possible that they're getting a higher workload due to more people inquiring about chitosan. Though I'd be very surprised for them to simply not get back to you at all, when they were very helpful to me.

No problem.

Well, I can't give you a short answer on that, so here's a long answer lol. This *hasn't* been a problem that's been fucking me on a grand scale at the moment... but last harvest I recognized what was happening, had two full on duds, and a few branches here and there out of a 4kw room. Then it hit me, when I realized the previous run I had other plants dud on me, when I thought I'd fucked them up somehow, but this was different.

When I'd taken cuttings for new mothers off of the plants that dudded, those cuttings were also in a funk that they wouldn't snap out of. Not transplant shock, not the regular stress you see in fresh clones, much different. Every strain of which, was a popular, highly passed around clone-only. I threw those mothers away and lost the genetics. I wish I'd held onto them now that I'm using chitosan to see if I could bring them back to dankness.

So currently speaking, I don't have any plants showing dud traits, and haven't really seen dud traits on strains I commonly run... though I'm applying chitosan and other measures in hopes of preventing future duds and not losing anymore genetics. I won't be able to say much until I get through my next harvest, hopefully dud free.

I've given chitosan at varying dosages to not only plants from seed on a selection run that I'm doing, but also my quantity of plants from clone, and every plant has responded beautifully. I think chitosan is a product that I will continue to use regardless, when I see such great results - even on currently otherwise healthy plants. It seems to just provide a massive boost in the plants' health in general, with very fast and surprising results thus far.

Myco

Myco

One more thing to add:

I was reading on a general garden forum, some conversation about chitosan. There was a fella that seemed fairly knowledgeable on the subject, and he had a method for applying on plants that were in a viral/diseased/pest induced outbreak. Not only to apply chitosan in it's regular soluble form, but to whip up a brew of chitinase, which is the enzyme that converts chitin to chitosan - supposedly even more effective.

He did this by grinding up crustacean shell/crab shell etc, making a brew, adding chitosan to introduce the bacteria that breaks down the crab shell to convert chitin to chitosan, and the resulting brew would be high in chitinase. This brew is supposedly so powerful that it will also annihilate beneficial microbes, so after applying you would want to reintroduce beneficials via AACT or other. I'll see if I can find the recipe and post back later. I believe he also said if you don't have chitosan already, simply brewing the ground up crab shell and letting nature do the work would be just as effective, only take longer to start producing the chitinase enzyme.

It'd be an interesting experiment on a plant in veg that is stuck in dud mode.

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
sea green is awesome stuff too - if you made a drench/foliar with frass and sea green it would awesome - frass also has readily available silica as a bonus

everybody I have told about frass uses it religiously - not saying its gonna fix your problem with the duds but it sure cant hurt

you are welcome @Confuten1 - thats why we are all here right?

right on homie...

confu

Confuten1

Confuten1

Supporter
One more thing to add:

I was reading on a general garden forum, some conversation about chitosan. There was a fella that seemed fairly knowledgeable on the subject, and he had a method for applying on plants that were in a viral/diseased/pest induced outbreak. Not only to apply chitosan in it's regular soluble form, but to whip up a brew of chitinase, which is the enzyme that converts chitin to chitosan - supposedly even more effective.

He did this by grinding up crustacean shell/crab shell etc, making a brew, adding chitosan to introduce the bacteria that breaks down the crab shell to convert chitin to chitosan, and the resulting brew would be high in chitinase. This brew is supposedly so powerful that it will also annihilate beneficial microbes, so after applying you would want to reintroduce beneficials via AACT or other. I'll see if I can find the recipe and post back later. I believe he also said if you don't have chitosan already, simply brewing the ground up crab shell and letting nature do the work would be just as effective, only take longer to start producing the chitinase enzyme.

It'd be an interesting experiment on a plant in veg that is stuck in dud mode.

thanks for sharing ur experience @Myco , id def be intrested in reading that brew recipe/info if u were able to find it.

confu

Top Bottom