Chitosan

• Thread starter Buddaone1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buddaone1

Buddaone1

Hey i was wondering if anybody has used water soluble chitosan powder form? and any advice on using it

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

There's a thread on here called "chitosan best source" or something like that; fellas in there went into detail about what your asking.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Hey i was wondering if anybody has used water soluble chitosan powder form? and any advice on using it

Main thing is pour whatever amount into a gatorade bottle half full of water then shake the shit out of it till it fully desolves then pour into rezzie. If not it will jus float on top of ur rezzie.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
And keep it in a dry double sealed container. If moisture gets to it it clumps up bad.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I've heard it's not completely water soluble? Could be wrong on that.... I've also heard that's what's in bud factor x which is really pricey if you can get same results w chitosan powder would save a lot.Pretty sure there's also yucca in bfx maybe that helps dissolve it? A rep from advanced was in at my homies store told us to foliar w it said it works better which is funny cuz the label doesn't say that. Probably cuz you'd use much less- dam crooks. I've also heard u must be careful w application because basically you're forcing your plants to defend themselves raising thc/terps but that's energy that's being diverted from bud growth it's a trade off apparently so timing/dosage is key. But it is legit they spray it on forests to fight pine beetles and their even making a band aid for people that's got chitosan in/on it apparently helps stop bleeding or something

Yea man, and at high concentrations it can wipe out your microflora, a guy on here used it to knock out stem nematodes, but had to re-inoculate his medium afterwards, like when using h2o2 on pythium.

C

Chitovision

Howdy,
I work for the only producer of chitosan in North America. I am happy to answer any questions publicly on here about chitosan. Also, We are happy to supply it, along with advice for its use. We can do anything from small to large volumes, liquid or dry. Email here if you want to discuss offline. [email protected] . Also happy to discuss via the forum, or via THCfarmer inbox.

C

Chitovision

it's produced from shell fish to make the plant defend itself which creates more oils and thc

Chitosan is derived from Chitin. Chitin is found abundantly in nature, it is a part of all of the structure in things with exoskeletons (crustaceans, insects etc.), and it is a structural component of mushrooms. The chitin and chitosan extraction business is large globally,n but it almost all done in Asia. There is one company that produces chitin and chitosan in North America (that's us, but it does not seem appropriate to use this forum to advertise, so I not going to put a link. You can contact me if you want to know more). Chitin and chitosan have many uses including but not limited to pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, water treatment, beer and wine fining, swimming pool clarifiers, antimicrobial coatings, antifungal products, and agriculture. Specifically for the bud industry, my understanding is that it causes the plants to hyperproduce resin and other things which aides in pest resistance, and has other favorable attributes. There is a well known product on the market that is liquid chitosan that describes these benefits in more detail (it does not seem appropriate to mention it by name here). My understanding is that it is also important the chitinase enzymes be present in order for the plant to absorb and make use of te chitosan. These may be naturally present in soil, or can be added. There are loads of credible research papers and lots of info out on the web about chitin and chitosan. Pretty neat stuff.
If you are going to make your own, I would suggest buyng it in a liquid form than trying to dissolve it yourself.

Top Bottom