Chocolate Diesel S1 & Ak-47 F1

• Thread starter JWM2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I wouldn't sweat it man. Most people are to afraid of failure to take the risk you did with a vision you had. It's what makes entrepreneurs special. There will always be people that try to discredit or tell you, "you can't do it, or it's impossible." What really matters is following through with your vision, seeing it through, and problem solving obstacles as they arise. Persistent determination and dedication to your endeavor will take you farther then most thought possible.

I want to share something my father gave me after he retired. He gave this to me when I was starting my own business venture.

That's really cool.

F

FutureGrower

Yeah Cali-O has always been a great wake and bake strain for me personally. One of my all time favorites for that alone. Plus it doesn't mess with your tolerance. If you start the day with a potent strain then the rest of the day you'll only get a slight buzz unless you smoke a shitload. But if you start with a mild strain you can still get a really nice buzz later on with a more potent one.

man I think that's whats going on with my sleep too lol, by the end of the day i'm smoking up to 4 joints of some heavier o.g. to get me sleepy lol. But all o.g.'s somehow give me motivation which fucks with me so much, I can be floating and still work 10x better than being sober!

I might go pickup a few lighter sativas from the dispensary and give it a shot for a couple weeks and see how it works for me.

also man you seem like a standup dude, I don't know you so it's impossible to actually say. You seem like a straight forward guy too, so as long as you aren't attempting to fuck people over, ignore those haters brother! if I had the coin i'd grab a few just for storage solutions but I can build my own wood racks and i'm broke so that's probably going to be my route!

F

FutureGrower

I wouldn't sweat it man. Most people are to afraid of failure to take the risk you did with a vision you had. It's what makes entrepreneurs special. There will always be people that try to discredit or tell you, "you can't do it, or it's impossible." What really matters is following through with your vision, seeing it through, and problem solving obstacles as they arise. Persistent determination and dedication to your endeavor will take you farther then most thought possible.

I want to share something my father gave me after he retired. He gave this to me when I was starting my own business venture.

I love it man! that is a great present to look at when you're having a bad day

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
man I think that's whats going on with my sleep too lol, by the end of the day i'm smoking up to 4 joints of some heavier o.g. to get me sleepy lol. But all o.g.'s somehow give me motivation which fucks with me so much, I can be floating and still work 10x better than being sober!

I might go pickup a few lighter sativas from the dispensary and give it a shot for a couple weeks and see how it works for me.

also man you seem like a standup dude, I don't know you so it's impossible to actually say. You seem like a straight forward guy too, so as long as you aren't attempting to fuck people over, ignore those haters brother! if I had the coin i'd grab a few just for storage solutions but I can build my own wood racks and i'm broke so that's probably going to be my route!

Thanks for the kind words bro. I try to do right and i've never been one to fuck anyone over. I've always had a great reputation online and have always stood behind my product offerings. I actually came from the gaming industry before this so the trolls here haven't been bad at all in comparison. You'd be shocked what 10-12 year old kids will say to you from behind a keyboard, lol.

Anyhow IMO you'd be better off smoking a heavy indica at night and using sativas during the day. Everyone reacts differently so you'll have to adjust based on your own experiences. For me what I like to do is start off with something really light like Cali-O in the morning. Then i'll move on to something like Chocolate Diesel or AK47 in the afternoon. Then at night when I want to relax i'll start puffing on Cookies n Cream or some kind of heavy indica to calm me down and get me ready for bed.

I used to grow a strain called BubbleBerry, its a cross between Blueberry and Bubblegum. For whatever reason it was like taking sleeping pills for me. It would put me out for a solid 8 hours within 15 minutes of finishing a bowl. I made the mistake once when I ran out to wake and bake with it. Within 15 minutes I was sleeping again. Didn't wake up for another 8 hours and that day was shot, haha. Lesson learned ;-)

F

FutureGrower

Thanks for the kind words bro. I try to do right and i've never been one to fuck anyone over. I've always had a great reputation online and have always stood behind my product offerings. I actually came from the gaming industry before this so the trolls here haven't been bad at all in comparison. You'd be shocked what 10-12 year old kids will say to you from behind a keyboard, lol.

Anyhow IMO you'd be better off smoking a heavy indica at night and using sativas during the day. Everyone reacts differently so you'll have to adjust based on your own experiences. For me what I like to do is start off with something really light like Cali-O in the morning. Then i'll move on to something like Chocolate Diesel or AK47 in the afternoon. Then at night when I want to relax i'll start puffing on Cookies n Cream or some kind of heavy indica to calm me down and get me ready for bed.

I used to grow a strain called BubbleBerry, its a cross between Blueberry and Bubblegum. For whatever reason it was like taking sleeping pills for me. It would put me out for a solid 8 hours within 15 minutes of finishing a bowl. I made the mistake once when I ran out to wake and bake with it. Within 15 minutes I was sleeping again. Didn't wake up for another 8 hours and that day was shot, haha. Lesson learned ;-)

Man I believe it from what I see about you. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from you. The thing I like the best is how passionate you seem about it. I've never had that passion for anything I do so when I see people doing what they want to I try to support it!

My problem is 70% of sativas make me anxious. Weirdly sour d doesn't. I love chiller hazes. I also have severe anxiety so I'm super cautious about what sativas I smoke anymore lol. I get so stuck in my head that I get motivation from heavy indicas I think I just need to start my day lighter so I dont have the higher tolerance at night haha

For whatever reason heavy stains with blueberry crosses do the same thing to me also! Isnt blueberry kinda the precursor to blue dream? Everything I've had blueberry has that blue dream type of effect of my vision but it works so great for getting me to sleep which bd doesnt help me with at all lol.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Man I believe it from what I see about you. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from you. The thing I like the best is how passionate you seem about it. I've never had that passion for anything I do so when I see people doing what they want to I try to support it!

My problem is 70% of sativas make me anxious. Weirdly sour d doesn't. I love chiller hazes. I also have severe anxiety so I'm super cautious about what sativas I smoke anymore lol. I get so stuck in my head that I get motivation from heavy indicas I think I just need to start my day lighter so I dont have the higher tolerance at night haha

For whatever reason heavy stains with blueberry crosses do the same thing to me also! Isnt blueberry kinda the precursor to blue dream? Everything I've had blueberry has that blue dream type of effect of my vision but it works so great for getting me to sleep which bd doesnt help me with at all lol.

Ok so Blueberry is in Blue Dream, but who knows which one. I remember the days when a million versions of blueberry were floating around, some crap and some that were great. But the DJ Short Blueberry (the one that kicked off the Blueberry craze) was intended to be more indica dominant, and a lot of the knock offs were also heavily indica influenced.

But try something other than OG for evening smoke. If you are smoking OG that is close to the cuts that were around in the 2000's they are way more 50/50 rather than indica dominant, even though they had a very strong effect. Today's current OG crosses (many of which are several generations away from the old OG cuts) are blended and re-blended with so many other varieties that simply assuming OG is indica is kinda foolish.

One of my favorites for sleep used to be LA Confidential, I just haven't had access to it in far too long. But it is a very narcotic heavy effect, great for inducing sleep and muscle relaxation. Some of the older Kush varieties, like Master Kush or Hindu Kush and Afghani varieties are typically where I like to look for night time meds; these may be something you look into for your sleep as well.

Oh and @JWM2, very nice grow, I really appreciate the smoke report, and so long as you put your product out there, people will buy it. Its kinda like those people who bad mouth Coke because they like Pepsi; just buy Pepsi and keep it at that, the dollars are the only way opinions are voiced. I hope you do get to work with more commercial growers and create some great modular units for these folks to use.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
When i was younger indicas were that way with me too but as i've gotten older I find sativas give me a little bit more energy and indicas calm me down. It just depends on your own personal experience.

The basic principle still applies by starting off with something lighter and then working your way to the stronger stuff as the day wears on. Or at least that's been my method for getting through the days, haha.

Some sativas definitely do indica anxiety or panic attacks. My brother suffers from that and said he's laying off the Cali-O for that reason. But what's odd is a friend of mine who I gave some Cali-O to said it makes her tired. She's more high energy during the day so it must have the opposite effect on her. So these strains can certainly give different people different effects.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok so Blueberry is in Blue Dream, but who knows which one. I remember the days when a million versions of blueberry were floating around, some crap and some that were great. But the DJ Short Blueberry (the one that kicked off the Blueberry craze) was intended to be more indica dominant, and a lot of the knock offs were also heavily indica influenced.

But try something other than OG for evening smoke. If you are smoking OG that is close to the cuts that were around in the 2000's they are way more 50/50 rather than indica dominant, even though they had a very strong effect. Today's current OG crosses (many of which are several generations away from the old OG cuts) are blended and re-blended with so many other varieties that simply assuming OG is indica is kinda foolish.

One of my favorites for sleep used to be LA Confidential, I just haven't had access to it in far too long. But it is a very narcotic heavy effect, great for inducing sleep and muscle relaxation. Some of the older Kush varieties, like Master Kush or Hindu Kush and Afghani varieties are typically where I like to look for night time meds; these may be something you look into for your sleep as well.

Oh and @JWM2, very nice grow, I really appreciate the smoke report, and so long as you put your product out there, people will buy it. Its kinda like those people who bad mouth Coke because they like Pepsi; just buy Pepsi and keep it at that, the dollars are the only way opinions are voiced. I hope you do get to work with more commercial growers and create some great modular units for these folks to use.

Thanks bro! I appreciate the support. I'm actually working on a deal right now and am trying to come up with some solutions to go with large pallet racking. Its going to be a large warehouse grow op and things are looking good so far. I've got a few other commercial quotes out there and a few more to quote this weekend so things are moving forward. It just takes time when dealing with large commercial ops as they often have investors and local regulators to deal with. No biggie, we'll get there :-)

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Thanks bro! I appreciate the support. I'm actually working on a deal right now and am trying to come up with some solutions to go with large pallet racking. Its going to be a large warehouse grow op and things are looking good so far. I've got a few other commercial quotes out there and a few more to quote this weekend so things are moving forward. It just takes time when dealing with large commercial ops as they often have investors and local regulators to deal with. No biggie, we'll get there :)

From what I have seen mobility is key in these commercial operations. So I wouldn't abandon the mobility of your home unit in the larger facilities. I totally get that you have to deal with regulations and other BS, but hey that is part of any legal business. And not for nothing, but I feel your product would be a viable commercial option for other food and flower growers, not just Cannabis producers.

While I get direct sales make a lot of sense for a single person company, have you considered getting into retail nurseries and hydro stores? Those are places where people come in expecting to pay a few bucks and having your all in one unit available may be the kind of thing they will drop some cash on to be self sufficient.

I have done a fair amount of stacked growing myself and would definitely be happy to have you bounce ideas off me if needed; though from the look of your website you seem to have things pretty well thought out.

F

FutureGrower

Man I had no clue about the blueberry thanks for the background!

I think I'm gonna go grab some some kushs and some lighter stuff for the a.m. either today or tomorrow and give it a shot

Really appreciate your time and help brother

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I have a couple different companies I work with for large scale grow racks. Right now I’ve got three different tiers.

- Rivet Grow Racks (cost effective)
- Bulk Grow Racks (most versital)
- Pallet Grow Racks (largest)

The rivet and bulk racking can be put on caster wheels or track based mobility systems. The pallet racking is just far too big to do any kind of mobility.

I feel the track based systems are nice but have lots of drawbacks due to the environment they will be used in. Especially wear and tear and if something does go wrong how are you going to access the plants in the middle? In some cases that might not be a big deal. In some it could cost them a few plants and potentially lost time and money. So there’s upsides and downsides to them.

The caster wheels imo are basically fool proof. There’s nothing that can happen to them that swapping one out with a new one won’t fix and it’s not expensive to keep a couple extras handy.

I do appreciate any info you can give me. I’m new to the commercial grow game and am trying to find my way. But a lot of the folks I talk to seem to really like the fact that I’m an actual grower and know about this stuff if not from a craft level perspective.

So if you’ve got any pointers or tips send em my way. Thanks again bro!

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Yeah I have a couple different companies I work with for large scale grow racks. Right now I’ve got three different tiers.

- Rivet Grow Racks (cost effective)
- Bulk Grow Racks (most versital)
- Pallet Grow Racks (largest)

The rivet and bulk racking can be put on caster wheels or track based mobility systems. The pallet racking is just far too big to do any kind of mobility.

I feel the track based systems are nice but have lots of drawbacks due to the environment they will be used in. Especially wear and tear and if something does go wrong how are you going to access the plants in the middle? In some cases that might not be a big deal. In some it could cost them a few plants and potentially lost time and money. So there’s upsides and downsides to them.

The caster wheels imo are basically fool proof. There’s nothing that can happen to them that swapping one out with a new one won’t fix and it’s not expensive to keep a couple extras handy.

I do appreciate any info you can give me. I’m new to the commercial grow game and am trying to find my way. But a lot of the folks I talk to seem to really like the fact that I’m an actual grower and know about this stuff if not from a craft level perspective.

So if you’ve got any pointers or tips send em my way. Thanks again bro!

You can also look into distribution companies. The biggest one I know, Amazon. Many companies are both web based and produce catalogs. I think your best bet would be to find one that's grower/gardening specific. Maybe even check out something like "As Seen on TV".

Brand name awareness is key to sales.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
In all reality the home growing rack is not really my main focus anymore. Mostly due to the low markup and the work that goes into each unit. The covers are all custom stitched by hand and run me about $250/set due to all the material used. And that was by far the best pricing I got after contacting dozens of area companies. Some wanted upwards of $1000/set, lol. The racks themselves are about $400 and shipping in the USA via UPS ground is damn near $200/unit due to size and weight. Couple in the packaging costs, etc and I’m not really making much off them so even if they did become successful it wouldn’t really do much for me. That’s why I’ve switched gears and am targeting small and large scale grow ops. There’s a market with potential and I’ve been realigning myself to capitalize on that instead. As each state moves toward recreational cannabis or even medical they often have a need for optimizing their grow space to have more canopy space. And it costs a lot more to spread out wide vs utilize the overhead space they already pay for.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Don’t get me wrong. I still love and use the home rack myself but it’s just not something that will be very profitable in the near future. But I’ll still offer them to folks who want them.

That is purely an issue of volume. With volume your costs get driven down and your profit margins go up. Regardless, with more states legalizing and more business ventures in controlled environment vegetable production appearing you definitely have a market from the commercial side, and there its easier to make money with fewer clients. So go for it man.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
That is purely an issue of volume. With volume your costs get driven down and your profit margins go up. Regardless, with more states legalizing and more business ventures in controlled environment vegetable production appearing you definitely have a market from the commercial side, and there its easier to make money with fewer clients. So go for it man.

That’s what I was thinking. I was just trying to attack it from a different angle and hit the consumer market first. But who knows. You’re right costs would definately go down if I could do some volume.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

That’s what I was thinking. I was just trying to attack it from a different angle and hit the consumer market first. But who knows. You’re right costs would definately go down if I could do some volume.

Yup, and having a large intermediary may mean discounts on freight if they have contracts. This wasn't just an idea. I've seen this work in practice. I used to build and sell wagon wheel furniture made of extremely heavy hardwoods. My boss was able to unload furniture at 300% markup then discount 50% off the total. I know it sounds shady, but that's the way it works. (Technically, there's nothing shady about it considering it's the manufacturers perogative to set their msrp at whatever amount they want.) There was no 'Non-Compete' clause with any of his distributers so he could still sell his furniture direct if he wanted. He'd pay the distributer/marketer a % of the sale. He still had to be savvy when it came to shipping since his rates were better some of the time. I used to help with logistics.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
28429D60 8BE6 4752 BFD4 81633CE50694

Stock AK47 Photo from Serious Seeds

I never noticed before but if you look closely at this stock photo you can see they cut the tips of the leaves off because they were burnt.

It’s actually a pretty common occurrence with AK47, she’s sensitive to ferts.

Top Bottom