Chocolate Trip???

• Thread starter matamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpiderK

SpiderK

an early taste test.

100% incense taste .... its my first time tasting anything like this with a heavy incense taste on exhale and was picked two weeks before finish. but when you smell it on plant more like lemons and bubble gum. smells nothing like it taste until it started drying now it smells like a church ..... nice uplifting high, makes you pace around looking for something to do .... and it was early ...

never tried katsu's cut so not sure about that taste. ...

SpiderK

SpiderK

CT   d

CT e

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

not with an inbreed landrace. Limited works been done also, but the heavy sativa leaner is rare as they used indy for dropping flowering times.

not many breeders have done this.

1750meters

1750meters

not with an inbreed landrace. Limited works been done also, but the heavy sativa leaner is rare as they used indy for dropping flowering times.

not many breeders have done this.
so they are not really F1's. I wonder at the modivation for the breeders at Dutch Flowers if they created only a couple of packs it sure wasn't money. I first heard of them when I purchased a and grew Choc Trip in 14. Great yields of frosty flowers. I am fascinated about the early breeders from the last centuary. like how did Katsu know they existed his name is on many cuts. I also bought a couple packs of Choc Trip f2's which I plan to make clone sand grow outside in CO. I try different things cause the grow books and posts have so much wrong info. Last yr I grew Afg #1 seedsman started inlate may outside. Transplanteds in dirt in late June. They didn't start to produce pistals until after Sept 1. I finally harvested the last in late Nov after 2 snows with temps ~ 15' one was a smelly bastard. The flowering started the same time as Nevils Sk but the nevils yielded and was much better. I also noticed the blades on the leaf of your last post the uneven dist around the stem. I have a clone of a plant that just came up it has the same narrow blades but started slowly producing pistals in july really started to flower after 9/1 smells like sweet haze. I had an nirv mex and what I think were Thais mis labeled. its a very interesting plant reminds me of the creeper described by Clark. the initial fan leaves died early but it produced smaller leaves from buds. avery efficient sativa producing large calyx's and little else.

katsu

katsu

Supporter
so they are not really F1's. I wonder at the modivation for the breeders at Dutch Flowers if they created only a couple of packs it sure wasn't money. I first heard of them when I purchased a and grew Choc Trip in 14. Great yields of frosty flowers. I am fascinated about the early breeders from the last centuary. like how did Katsu know they existed his name is on many cuts. I also bought a couple packs of Choc Trip f2's which I plan to make clone sand grow outside in CO. I try different things cause the grow books and posts have so much wrong info. Last yr I grew Afg #1 seedsman started inlate may outside. Transplanteds in dirt in late June. They didn't start to produce pistals until after Sept 1. I finally harvested the last in late Nov after 2 snows with temps ~ 15' one was a smelly bastard. The flowering started the same time as Nevils Sk but the nevils yielded and was much better. I also noticed the blades on the leaf of your last post the uneven dist around the stem. I have a clone of a plant that just came up it has the same narrow blades but started slowly producing pistals in july really started to flower after 9/1 smells like sweet haze. I had an nirv mex and what I think were Thais mis labeled. its a very interesting plant reminds me of the creeper described by Clark. the initial fan leaves died early but it produced smaller leaves from buds. avery efficient sativa producing large calyx's and little else.
Katsu was an obsessive compulsive seed and clone junky, and couldn't resist the spectacular descriptions and limited availability of the DF beans when they went up for auction.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Katsu was an obsessive compulsive seed and clone junky, and couldn't resist the spectacular descriptions and limited availability of the DF beans when they went up for auction.

We all were back then. Few could afford DF beans though. Was interesting to watch them on cbay. I got a pack of Chocolate Diesel F1s from santasmoke when those went up. Grew them for years. It was one of my favorite strains of all time.

katsu

katsu

Supporter
We all were back then. Few could afford DF beans though. Was interesting to watch them on cbay. I got a pack of Chocolate Diesel F1s from santasmoke when those went up. Grew them for years. It was one of my favorite strains of all time.

I've got 9 F2's of the CD going right now :-)

TheOutlier

TheOutlier

i have choc trip crosses from useful on my insta right now lol. and a cpl more. i also have some F5 choc trips(choc diesel was used by useful with an F3 choc trip to make em). another person useful vouches for took it another generation or so and is sending me his F5's. this thread has proven most interesting

Last edited:
Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

Cool thread. I really wish I had grabbed up some of bodhi's f2 when they were up. The lore of the chocolate trip is fascinating.
The Chocolate Diesel is one of the great treasures of my stable, in the span of 2 crops she's made her way into my top 3. She's a serious mind bender, very stimulating.
The man my cut came from says he was the runner up in the auction for the pack of chocolate trip that eventually went to Katsu. I love a legendary pedigree.

TheDopeGodfather

TheDopeGodfather

Ok, so I know this is a really old thread, but here’s the background. I got a cutting of Chocolate Trip back in 2003 and it was by far the most amazing weed I ever grow or smoked. The smell and taste was so unique that I can still smell it in my brain. And of course, the high was trippy and mind-bending. Now almost twenty years later I’m growing again and I would do damn near anything to get my hands on this strain again, or even one of its descendants. Can you guys give me some advice on where to look for either descendants of this wonderful strain, or anything that would bring back the nostalgia of growing Chocolate Trip back in the day?

Latest posts

Top Bottom