Chocolope growing too big for her home

• Thread starter Freiman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Freiman

Freiman

Howdy y'all

I am growing my first outdoor sativa and I am a bit worried about her size.
The greenhouse I made last year was perfect for my previous (Indica) lady,
but this one is inching towards the roof and I don't know what to do now.

I live in Belgium so it will probably begin flowering around the end of august.

I am wondering wich technique would be best for me to be able to keep it within this greenhouse...

Adding some pictures below so you can see the situation.

Chocolope growing too big for her home 3
Chocolope growing too big for her home 2
Chocolope growing too big for her home

freezeland2

freezeland2

Howdy y'all

I am growing my first outdoor sativa and I am a bit worried about her size.
The greenhouse I made last year was perfect for my previous (Indica) lady,
but this one is inching towards the roof and I don't know what to do now.

I live in Belgium so it will probably begin flowering around the end of august.

I am wondering wich technique would be best for me to be able to keep it within this greenhouse...

Adding some pictures below so you can see the situation.

View attachment 1147582View attachment 1147581View attachment 1147580
Can’t help much with limiting size but I can tell you chocolope is very susceptible to mold and bud rot. If you can she needs good air circulation and a lower humidity if that’s possible in your green house.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I think it would be more important to do some training — high or low stress (supercropping would be high stress) — to get the plant to grow in the directions you want it to grow toward. From the pic, it looks like you don't have much room, so I don't know where you would like this plant to bush out.

Freiman

Freiman

Can’t help much with limiting size but I can tell you chocolope is very susceptible to mold and bud rot. If you can she needs good air circulation and a lower humidity if that’s possible in your green house.
i’d take down that green house, your only asking for trouble with mildew and mold,
plants can handle most if not all weather conditions and it’s good for them.
So did I understand it well that without the rain cover (where wind/air does enter) it would be less susceptible to humidity problems?
I actually built this cover because I read that when she goes into flowering, rain can really mess up the buds...
next week will be pretty rainy over here, like thunderstorms etc.

Freiman

Freiman

I think it would be more important to do some training — high or low stress (supercropping would be high stress) — to get the plant to grow in the directions you want it to grow toward. From the pic, it looks like you don't have much room, so I don't know where you would like this plant to bush out.
indeed, not much room left.
Yesterday I supercropped one high branch just to try...

Freiman

Freiman

So did I understand it well that without the rain cover (where wind/air does enter) it would be less susceptible to humidity problems?
I actually built this cover because I read that when she goes into flowering, rain can really mess up the buds...
next week will be pretty rainy over here, like thunderstorms etc.
Right now I am thinking I will take away the cover after the stormy days, then maybe build something bigger, yet more mobile, that I can take away more easily when the sun is out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom