Choosing a good rosin press

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Hello, I've been making bho for some time now and find myself frequently using flower so I'm thinking I may as well go solventless. I'm looking for a basic press for now but not sure what all to consider in buying one. What is the minimum lbs of pressure needed? I see some starting around 700lbs. Is that too low? Also is manual hard to do? I've seen different styles of cranks. Also you have to have a separate prepress right?
I'll probably invest more in the future after I get the hang of it but right now I need to keep it under $400.
Any suggestions?

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

I'm kind of in the same boat as you and want to spend right around $400-$500 for a press. I think I've decided to go the DIY route and get a press from harbor freight and the plates from amazon.

Something like this.. but I still have no idea as to how and put it all together...lol Or what else you need to start squishing. Maybe someone can chime in and tell us if we need anything else for the DIY set up...? So far this set up is like $350... right in our budget. What you think?
https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Unc...1613954711&sprefix=heated+rosi,aps,166&sr=8-5

Moshmen

Moshmen

I'm kind of in the same boat as you and want to spend right around $400-$500 for a press. I think I've decided to go the DIY route and get a press from harbor freight and the plates from amazon.

Something like this.. but I still have no idea as to how and put it all together...lol Or what else you need to start squishing. Maybe someone can chime in and tell us if we need anything else for the DIY set up...? So far this set up is like $350... right in our budget. What you think?
If you can get the 4x7 plates you won’t regret it -
https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Unc...1613954711&sprefix=heated+rosi,aps,166&sr=8-5

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hello, I've been making bho for some time now and find myself frequently using flower so I'm thinking I may as well go solventless. I'm looking for a basic press for now but not sure what all to consider in buying one. What is the minimum lbs of pressure needed? I see some starting around 700lbs. Is that too low? Also is manual hard to do? I've seen different styles of cranks. Also you have to have a separate prepress right?
I'll probably invest more in the future after I get the hang of it but right now I need to keep it under $400.
Any suggestions?

Nug smasher mini is the best you can get for around $500 or less, based on what I've read and reviews, it's as cheap as I would go for quality.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

If you can get the 4x7 plates you won’t regret it -
Another $90 for the bigger plates seems like a good investment. I'll for sure keep that in mind. Do you know what else you need to hook the press to the plates? I cant quite rap my head around how it goes together...?

Heynow

Heynow

You don't need bigger plates unless you are squishing flower always, or doing it for a living.
I have one with 2x4 plates and can process 12 g bubble in 3 3 min presses with a 70% return...9gs every 10 min.

I prefer pressing bubble, flower rosin leaves your banger crusty lol

Heynow

Heynow

I have this one.
I would totally upgrade to this tho. This can lay forward do your direction game can be on point

Heynow

Heynow

Making rosin is my favorite part of harvest...my last three plants went from drying to the washing machine

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

All this gear to get high..
Never tried it.
What's it like?
Is it like next level stoned?
You never did a dab? Oh man, back some years ago when bho was the big thing my adult son brought some home with the whole kit and caboodle for dabbing. (The rig, quartz banger, torch, dab tool.) I was hooked.

I'm a medical user with a super high tolerance and smoking flower only really works for me if I smoke all day long. Where with the dabs I do a couple and I'm good for a few hours. IDK if the rosin is more potent than the bho but I know for sure the rosin retains more terpenes giving it a fantastic flavor profile.

And the rush...wow. When I take a big ole dab I get an immediate rush of euphoria from the high thc levels, followed by the most intense buzz I think possible. Not for light weights for sure. Like I said, I have a high tolerance and one dab gets me pretty high, two dabs I'm utterly stoned, and three dabs its nap time! lol

The one bad thing about dabbing the rosin is it ruins your tolerance and you cant even smoke flower anymore. My wife wont smoke the bho or rosin, she says its just too much, so its not for everybody. But I personally love it and will never go back to smoking flower.

As it is now I don't have a press so I'm paying a guy to press my flower for me. Not a good arrangement. And I'm buying rosin/bho from the local shops for like $50-$70 gram, so getting the gear to press my own only makes perfect business sense. Seems like a lot to go through to get stoned, but once you've tried a rosin dab you'll see what all the hoopla is about.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Can anybody else chime in on this unit? I really like the sounds of it but a couple bad Amazon reviews have me spooked.
I bought our dabpress about 4 months ago and that same press was on my list.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I just got the 6 ton dabpress. Built really heavy duty. It weighs a ton. Still trying to figure out how to get good yeilds. I just got 12% from my homegrown. Be nice to get 20% plus like I see others getting. 😀

Moshmen

Moshmen

I just got the 6 ton dabpress. Built really heavy duty. It weighs a ton. Still trying to figure out how to get good yeilds. I just got 12% from my homegrown. Be nice to get 20% plus like I see others getting. 😀
Practice practice practice ! You will get there -
Play around with times and tempts -

I personally go for quality over yield - I like low temp I start at 180/190 on my dab press heat the puck for 20-30 seconds then slow pressure for another 40 seconds or so, now I’m at full pressure ( no gage so not positive) then a minute or so at full pressure till the goo stops flowin

Latest posts

Top Bottom