Chopp down time.

• Thread starter Rushoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rushoe

Rushoe

Going to be taking down one of my plant's soon really soon.Any one that could help me out with some tips...As far as the smell,It's gonna be drying in my room but iam not sure if plane old order eaters will work again any help would be cool. If anyone knows of any type of way i can keep the smell to a minimal....Thanx guys.

Venom818

Venom818

I'd wait atleast 3 weeks before chopping homie. I know your getting inpatient but u will thank me later.

Rushoe

Rushoe

That doesn't help with the smell but thanx hahah stupid ass.

S

SatansSon

SOME EARLY FINISHERS ARE SUPER RIPE OUTDOORS ABOUT NOW MY MAN. My bro
just choped his early gals but they all started bloomin 2nd week of july or so not autoflower just early bloomers been flowering over 10 weeks n a lil fall chill usually swells um right up for a lil treat hold ya over till Haloween. Theres tons of gear out there that does this n if you run enough seeds from indoor propagation most strains got a pheno that'll bloom early outside nowadays with all the 12/12 light manipulation I'm certain some only need 10-11 hours of dark to bloom a real plus for colder climates...

If its been flushed some n the trics are milky/carmel for the most part n its swelled up n turned all gumby like in the stems take it down bro.
In my experience the smell strongest drying immediately after harvest n about 3 days after. Somewhere cool dark n dry n well ventilated plus seal off from the rest your place is best to cure/dry. Don't overdue incense or air freshener too close to your herb either or it'll pickup that taste. An odereater type air cleaner should help. Lil pinsol in a bucket with a air stone does the trick too.

Rushoe

Rushoe

SatansSon-Thanx dawgie the pinesol sounds good might be just what i was looking for thanx man.

O

onlytoken

Sure thing man... best thing to do is trim outside if that is available... i.e. back porch or whatever, as long as you can ensure that nobody will see you. Smell can always be written off as not you (especially since it won't be an everyday thing)... it's better to have the smell outside, rather than trapped inside your house (where it will take at least a day to dissipate). Another idea, if outside is not possible, is to shut off your air conditioner, go inside a bathroom in your house, turn on the exhaust fan, and do the harvest and trimming in there. It will send all of the odor 15+ feet into the air, drastically reducing much of the smell. You can consider getting something called an Ozone generator... or buying a product called OnaGel. The smell is the worst right after harvest... if you can survive for two days or so, then the worst will have past. Drying and curing are much less of a worry.

Good luck.

Rushoe

Rushoe

Yeah You are right onlytoken I have been thinking about that the weather right now is good outside for curing nice cool weather I don't think I have much of a choice its eather that or give a homie half my harvest to dry at his house chaleeeeeeeeeeee.....

B

BoogerGreen

Will Carbon Filters and a fan work all right for the drying? Obviously harvests will smell a bit more maybe, but if can just trim them and then hang back where they were growing with no lights on would be fine wouldnt it? Optimal maybe even as long as you werent going to throw more flowering stuff in i.e. you didnt have a specific place to dry?

Top Bottom