Christmas 2020 Harvest Grow

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

While all my other plants will be harvested and jarred by Christmas I've planted a few seeds just for a Christmas harvest this year.

The players
Christmas 2020 harvest grow

12 GDP's, 5 Citrol Sledgehammer's, 6 Darth Vaders and 6 Gophers. More than likely a few won't pop and a few will be male but with this many I should have a nice harvest.

All will be grown in 1-2 gallon pots of coco with MasterBlend nutes for 2-3 months. The little greenhouse has LED supplemental lighting for a 16/8 light cycle. The Gophers will only veg for 2 months as they require a 13 week flowering period. The others are all Indica with a 60 day flowering so they will be flipped Oct 1.

All for now. Happy Growing!

basscaptain

basscaptain

While all my other plants will be harvested and jarred by Christmas I've planted a few seeds just for a Christmas harvest this year.

The players
View attachment 989973
12 GDP's, 5 Citrol Sledgehammer's, 6 Darth Vaders and 6 Gophers. More than likely a few won't pop and a few will be male but with this many I should have a nice harvest.

All will be grown in 1-2 gallon pots of coco with MasterBlend nutes for 2-3 months. The little greenhouse has LED supplemental lighting for a 16/8 light cycle. The Gophers will only veg for 2 months as they require a 13 week flowering period. The others are all Indica with a 60 day flowering so they will be flipped Oct 1.

All for now. Happy Growing!
I'm right with you I just did
4 Maple Leaf Indica x Skunk #1
" " x Afghanica
6 Skunk#1 x Jilly Bean

From SD......

I'll drop a few other things tonight...

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I'm right with you I just did
4 Maple Leaf Indica x Skunk #1
" " x Afghanica
6 Skunk#1 x Jilly Bean

From SD......

I'll drop a few other things tonight...
Nothing like Christmas bud. On this schedule the harvest should be around first week of Dec and should be ready to smoke by Christmas.

After this grow I'm taking a few months off. I need a break and have no plans to do a full winter grow again. Feb 25th is my next scheduled planting date which I'll harvest in July/Aug next year.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I just checked my gophers
20200622 161351

and found 2 males
20200622 161259

20200622 161319

Then I checked my large flowering female
20200622 161413

20200622 161423

Ya got me man. I've been planting a dozen or more at a time and only keep the nicest ones.

I built up a tolerance for the GDP and broke out the winter gopher a few days ago and getting blazed.

basscaptain

basscaptain

they start out with 5 fans then 3 then 1 I have never seen anything like it.... there ladies and I'm going to cross them just a few buds on these.....
O pull a few clones also.... there going to be Big there 4-5 allready....

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Got a 3 leaf going also
Made me want to research. First thing I found

I did have a hermie on the first batch, the F1's from the breeder. It was in a 3 gal black pot by the pool and would dry out almost daily. Figured it was the stress. Haven't seen one since and I've been growing these 4 yrs now and I haven't seen leafs like that on any plants. Weird.

basscaptain

basscaptain

ya I had 2 plants that i put out that tried to reveg...... well they did but 1 I'm getting ready to pull cause it's almost dead.. the other is reveging....
these plants have 5/3/1 fans everywhere I don't feel it's a reveg... But Madbud maybe right..... like I said I have never seen anything like this..... 6 plus months on the 2 that reveg and there not a ft tall... these are big and are around 4 months old or so.....

I still havn't had a real bud to smoke.. had a little off the 1st plant i ran but I never finish it off....
we will see what happens.......
this place is Diff on growing outdoors........ I do have plants doing all diff things...... and with the rain and bugs this is going to turn out to be a bust....

Last edited:
basscaptain

basscaptain

Made me want to research. First thing I found

I did have a hermie on the first batch, the F1's from the breeder. It was in a 3 gal black pot by the pool and would dry out almost daily. Figured it was the stress. Haven't seen one since and I've been growing these 4 yrs now and I haven't seen leafs like that on any plants. Weird.
ok after reading this ...

I have to think @Madbud is right and my x-mass light's has been trying to make the plants run 24/7 but the amount of light is not there, to really grow......

I didn't think that little light would hurt them.......

thanks guy's

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

ok after reading this ...

I have to think @Madbud is right and my x-mass light's has been trying to make the plants run 24/7 but the amount of light is not there, to really grow......

I didn't think that little light would hurt them.......

thanks guy's
Oh yeah, even a streetlight across the street or a next door neighbor's house light will do it. Weird stuff.

I plucked those 2 males. 2 months wasted. These were put out as seedlings and shouldn't be flowering now. I didn't expect much from these plants (soil grow) so no big loss as I have 5 females a month from harvest, 1 2 months away and 6 for Sept. Not to mention the several Kratky females being pollinated. The real fun for me starts this weekend with all the new seeds that will be popping.

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Seeds be a poppin
20200626 200455

6 GDP's
20200626 200459

1 Darth Vader

More of the above as well as the Gophers and Citrol Sledgehammers should pop in a day or two. Will soak coco in a strong cal/mag solution (1000+ ppm's) as coco has a high cation exchange rate and will hold calcium, magnesium and iron so the coco needs to be charged to change and fill the sites. 24 hr and a good rinse removes the excess cal/mag and most salt. This is the last time I'll use plain water, always with nutrients until harvest.

Next weekend they'll be put in half and 1 gal pots. Does the fun ever end?

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Planting didn't go as planned. Only 5 GDP's
20200702 083434

1 Darth Vader
20200702 083443

Had 2 but 1 just fell over.

No Citrol Sledgehammers and no Gophers popped. Hum.

I have no choice but to add some clones like these Ground Pounders
20200702 083426

2 clones each from 3 plants. Not even sure of sex yet. I just flipped the mom's (dad's?) last night and will take a few more clones, and I do have a young Citrol Sledge I'll take a few from.

Not a great start but it's what I got so I'll make the best of it!

Happy Growing!

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

5 Granddaddy Purples
20200709 151625

and 4 Ground Pounder clones
20200709 151850

Had 6 but 2
20200709 151650
20200709 151718

turned out to be boys so I've got a male in the big greenhouse (took 2 clones each off 3 plants).

I'll put the Pounders in pots of coco, basket and all since they don't have a tap root.

9 plants so far but a few of the GDP's will no doubt be male so I'll take several more clones off the Girl Pounders.

Going to be a very merry Christmas indeed! Happy Growing!

Latest posts

Top Bottom